Hunted (BBC)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone catch the extended trailer for this tonight at 8 on BBC1? It looks like a pretty intense thriller, made by Kudos (the people behind Spooks) and starring Melissa George. Hopefully the ad will be up on youtube soon.

Comments

• SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Anyone catch the extended trailer for this tonight at 8 on BBC1? It looks like a pretty intense thriller, made by Kudos (the people behind Spooks) and starring Melissa George. Hopefully the ad will be up on youtube soon.

Melissa George! I knew I recognised her from somewhere. Never thought it would be as far back as Home and Away.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

The problem with trailers, all the "best bits" are in them, as it makes sense to do it. Then when you actually see the programme it can be a bit of a let down, so I won't get too excited about it yet. But at least it's another new drama, rather than commissioning new series of old ones that don't always live up to expectations, especially if they try to do it on the cheap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks really good, was very impressed and can't wait
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. I was looking at the website of Frank Spotnitz a couple of years ago, when he had done a series for the BBC.

Now it's here.:)
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cinemax have just put up a new trailer... Which looks better than the BBC1 trailer, I reckon.

http://youtu.be/OmiymimBm-8
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks great :)

btw: So this is what that recent Ashley Judd series could have been had they left out the "gotta get me boy back" stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Thursday when the series premieres on the Beeb - I've been missing Spooks and this could fill the void.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn`t this also from the makers of 24. for me mellissa george is main reason im watching.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Cinemax have just put up a new trailer... Which looks better than the BBC1 trailer, I reckon.

....much better then the BEEB trailer....:cool:

Looks good.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Isn`t this also from the makers of 24. for me mellissa george is main reason im watching.

Unfortunately since it airs at 8pm it looks like she will be keeping her clothes on. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Unfortunately since it airs at 8pm it looks like she will be keeping her clothes on. :(

It's on at 9, but normally with premium cable secondary characters get their kit off, because they don't want to **** the lead actor/actress...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »

Oh dear!

The "blue filter treatment" this doesn't auger well.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

I was thinking about this last night when I was watching a Strike Back, another programme that is a co-production between Cinemax and a British broadcaster (in this case Sky). The fact that Cinemax is involved means Strike Back has quite a lot of gratuitous nudity, as is the case with most things on Cinemax.

I can’t believe BBC1 will allow the same level of sex and nudity in primetime in Hunted, even if Melissa George does have a history of getting naked on screen.
    The same applies to the strong language that Cinemax normally insists upon, I can’t see the BBC accepting that either.

Maybe Hunted is more BBC lead, or maybe there will be a UK and US edit of the programme. Either way, it’ll be interesting to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

I'm wondering if with the accent on the attractive female lead, this'll turn out to be like the turkey; "Above Suspicion" with the dire Kelly Reilly.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks interesting. Will be watching.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed watching her recently in 'The Slap' so shall give this a go.
  • Pollymath1Pollymath1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member

Why is that? (If you don't mind me asking)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is a very good actress. I think this will be similar to spooks with regards to content. Don`t think it will be anything like strike back or at least i hope not because that show is a complete joke.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is a very good actress. I think this will be similar to spooks with regards to content. Don`t think it will be anything like strike back or at least i hope not because that show is a complete joke.

I actually like Strike Back, it’s mindless over the top action.
    But I admit its not primetime BBC material for lots of reason so I suspect Hunted will be more similar to Spooks than Strike Back. Having said that, if it is it’ll be the tamest Cinemax programme ever!
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bumpity-bump
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its Angel from Home & Away!!! so far so good.

Going to log off to watch it properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey - Sam can look after herself.
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its gone from all beige to all green.
    Rubbish fight sequence or rubbish camera work, managed to miss a blow actually landing. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Yellow filter, green filter, blue filter. It's like viewing puke.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need subtitles for the Hard of Understanding