Happy Free Comic Book Day! & FCBD Discussion

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I'd start a thread on this just to wish everyone a happy free comic book day and basically to talk about it and what you got in your little bundle! :)

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd start a thread on this just to wish everyone a happy free comic book day and basically to talk about it and what you got in your little bundle! :)

nothing,as they didnt have any in my local comic book store,i ended up buying Avengers Vs X Men #2 though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Thanks! Got some great titles today, by the looks of it pretty much everything on the release list. Took my 5 year old down too it was his first FCBD so it was nice that there were quite a few kids comics available, including an Adventure Time promo which I've been after for him for a while. What surprised me most was the Mouse Guard book. It's a full on hardback book! For free! Really liked 'The Other Side Of Howard Cruse' and the 2000AD issue too, has a great Dredd drawn by Rufus Dayglo and an early Alan Moore short with Steve Dillon. I'm always surprised when I see early Dillon, his style seemed to change for the worse when he did Preacher. His 2000AD stuff is phenomenal.

Shop was rammed though, even at 10am. Was a little too hectic for my liking.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was super happy to get a Buffy/The Guild one shot. Nice surprise.

OK Comics in Leeds apparantly had people camping outside the store overnight. I got there at 10am and had to queue to get in for about 15 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I was super happy to get a Buffy/The Guild one shot. Nice surprise.

OK Comics in Leeds apparantly had people camping outside the store overnight. I got there at 10am and had to queue to get in for about 15 minutes.

Shit really?? I went to Travelling Man but no queueing thankfully. Doesn't surprise me at OK though, you can probably only fit 3 people in that shop at any one time :)