3 Mobile Broadband Keeps Disconnecting

DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else having this problem right now ? mine keeps disconnecting after 10 minutes and 8 seconds. I have had a 3 dongle for nearly 2 years and this has never happened before. It's like it just keeps timing out. The thing is it disconnects then reconnects itself, usually i would be the one that has to reconnect it since i have the automatic connection set as off.

This has happened about 10 times, literally it is disconnecing and reconnecting after 10 minutes and 8 seconds............sigh 3 your useless.

Comments

• DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on 3's Facebook page and it seems like i am not the only one having these problems. :mad::mad::mad:
  • EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    You're lucky to get 10 minutes out of it.
    Yesterday I had over 20 tries to actually connect in the first place. 3connect wouldn't work at all. Tried using the usual Windows modem connect program - connection to 3's computer worked but it wouldn't authenticate me as a user. So it disconnected, again and again and again...
    Eventually managed to connect and got a few minutes of work done.
    This morning, 3connected first time, but service just keeps dropping out. "Ping" test times out.
    The service is currently dreadful.
    If I hadn't already paid for this I'd move to another broadband provider. It just is not good enough.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems here. When the same problems happen here, I put the dongle on a USB extension lead and place it somewhere else where it gets signal from a neighbouring base station.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting the little yellow triangle every now and then yesterday and today.

It seems to happen when the weather is bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's working fine for me now, a lot of the other people that were complaining on their facebook page are not saying anything anymore so i'm guessing it's fixed.
    Forum Member
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    It's working fine for me now, a lot of the other people that were complaining on their facebook page are not saying anything anymore so i'm guessing it's fixed.

Not now it isn't. Every 0.1Mb of my usage it stops for 5 mins. Pings fail etc. And the dongle is on an extension lead, high up, hanging out the window.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEPhil wrote: »
    Not now it isn't. Every 0.1Mb of my usage it stops for 5 mins. Pings fail etc. And the dongle is on an extension lead, high up, hanging out the window.

That seems like a different problem to the one i was talking about.
    Forum Member
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    That seems like a different problem to the one i was talking about.

I doubt it. There does seem to be some general problem with 3's mobile broadband. Your first post sounded similar to part of the problem I was having - although not 10 mins.
    On connecting this time, it worked for about 7 mins (1.4Mb) and then stopped. If I had not connected by 3Connect I suspect the modem would have closed and I'd have to reconnect. After a while using 3Connects ping test I noticed the connection restored, only to crash again a minute later. This happened a couple more times before the connection became more stable.
  • Dean_BurroughsDean_Burroughs Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    3 is having the same problem in ireland the last 3 weeks is it solar flairs or what?
    Forum Member
    Similar problems again this morning. I don't have the time of the disconnects but you can imagine the frustration when the broadband fails after 4.8/5.1/5.7/5.8/6.6/7.3/7.5...Mb data usage. I can barely manage to view 1 page before it goes phttt!
  • Tom HoltTom Holt Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Been having intermittent issues this morning with my Mifi (Huawei E586) in Leeds, but it's not indicating a loss of signal, it's just being slow with data traffic on my laptop/iPad.
    Forum Member
    Tom Holt wrote: »
    Been having intermittent issues this morning with my Mifi (Huawei E586) in Leeds, but it's not indicating a loss of signal, it's just being slow with data traffic on my laptop/iPad.

That sounds about right. If you look at the signal, it seems ok. But here, if you ping a known IP address it quite often looses all the packets. However, if I keep an infinite ping on one of 3's computers it does seem to keep the connection a bit longer. Maybe just my imagination. Also if I use a torrent program to (legally) download a program (eg. LibreOffice), that also seems to preserve the connection longer.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1753942

I've had problems since late last week.
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1753942

I've had problems since late last week.

Interesting that in that thread reference is made to Manchester.
    Usually when I do a google search I'm told I'm in Birmingham. The last couple of days it thinks I'm in Manchester. I wonder if there is some sort of rolling upgrade going on?
    Forum Member
    Here we go again!
    25 attempts to connect to 3. The 3 website very slow. iPlayer impossible to use. What a useless service this is.
    (Signal strength = 5 bars).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally use a TP-Link 3G router that gives me wireless but that now won't connect so I'm having to plug the dongle directly into my desktop or laptop and use 3connect. any ideas why?