Denise Van Outen

Comments

• Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB Yes! Denise Van Outen is using whatever the situation really is to get publicity!

Whatever is happening, it is so sad for her daughter. Her parents are never together, they never go on family holidays and her mother sells all their family business to the papers.

I'm sure whatever happens between Denise and Lee, their daughter's happiness will be top of their list of priorities. They won't be the first showbiz couple with children to split, and they certainly won't be the last. I'm no fan of DVO btw :)
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So the reason they're on the rocks is because they don't get time to spend together and one of the reasons they don't get that time is because they refuse to use childcare? Well, why not start using childcare if that will help save the marriage then? Or am I missing something? :confused:

I can understand not wanting to use childcare and it's kind of admirable. There's another showbiz couple (only I can't remember who!) who work alternately so someone can always be at home with the kids.

What I don't get is why, if you hadn't really seen your husband for 6 months, you'd go on holiday with friends instead of visiting him.

She needs to start thinking about what she's saying because her excuses don't paint her in a good light. Or, you know, just stop talking!
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Although Denise knows it's important for Lee to try and get work Stateside, she admits if he does get a job in Los Angeles she's not in a rush to relocate to the US.

She told the magazine: 'I wouldn't move. I personally couldn't live in LA...'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."
    She's quite clearly preparing us for the inevitable 'shock' split.:yawn:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Although Denise knows it's important for Lee to try and get work Stateside, she admits if he does get a job in Los Angeles she's not in a rush to relocate to the US.

She told the magazine: 'I wouldn't move. I personally couldn't live in LA...'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Hmm. I still predict a split by the end of the year, sooner rather than later by the sounds of it.

And no, I'm not rubbing my hands with glee but I personally never did think this was going to work. Seven year age gap together with them appearing to have nothing in common was a non starter from the beginning really. Add in the fact they never seem to want to spend any time together.....:eek:

Denise has dated some quite wild characters in her time and Lee...... just doesn't really seem her type by comparison.

It always sounds a bit pie in the sky whenever anybody starts talking about 'auditions in Hollywood'. It doesn't usually work out.

There are ways to work around it....such as taking fewer 'mate' holidays, perhaps.....or maybe that novel idea of going on holiday together as a family!!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure whatever happens between Denise and Lee, their daughter's happiness will be top of their list of priorities. They won't be the first showbiz couple with children to split, and they certainly won't be the last. I'm no fan of DVO btw :)

I hope so but I just can't see it. They are never together as a family. Her parents have separate holidays and don't take her with them and she is trotted out for media pics when it suits DVO.

I'm not surprised that DVO has done this but am surprised that Lee Mead, who I thought would be far more sensitive to his daughter's welfare, allows it. Media manipulation and pics are very much DVO's trademark. She's a much stronger personality than Lee. So it looks as if she;s getting all her own way. Perhaps as their daughter gets older and gets a voice, things will change.

DVO said the separations were a strain on their marriage not that they were splitting up. They might be priming the public for a split or this might all be for the publicity. Who knows? Their situation and machinations with the press are still not fair on the child though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so but I just can't see it. They are never together as a family. Her parents have separate holidays and don't take her with them and she is trotted out for media pics when it suits DVO.

I'm not surprised that DVO has done this but am surprised that Lee Mead, who I thought would be far more sensitive to his daughter's welfare, allows it. Media manipulation and pics are very much DVO's trademark. She's a much stronger personality than Lee. So it looks as if she;s getting all her own way. Perhaps as their daughter gets older and gets a voice, things will change.

DVO said the separations were a strain on their marriage not that they were splitting up. They might be priming the public for a split or this might all be for the publicity. Who knows? Their situation and machinations with the press are still not fair on the child though.

Just because her parents aren't together, doesn't mean that Betsy is unhappy. Staying together for the sake of a child isn't always the right thing to do, if the parents aren't unhappy together, the child will pick up on it.

You seem to know a lot about DVO - how do you know what Lee is like to live with?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It saddens me that two people are under such scrutiny.

So what if they are together/apart?

Good luck to Denise, Lee and Betsy and hopefully they will all be happy.

How does it impact on your life if they separate?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant to say aren't happy together oops :o;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:

except when it suits her

in 2007
    But now she's back. With not one but two different shows, on two continents. She's a judge on Any Dream Will Do, the BBC's hunt to find the next star of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and, more surprisingly, she's joined the Great British goldrush in Los Angeles - think Piers Morgan, Cat Deeley, Heather Mills etc - as the host of the NBC spin-off Grease: You're The One That I Want!

'I've been very, very lucky. I didn't even go over there to look for work. I'd just had a really terrible year and wanted a holiday and I went out there last summer and just hung out and learned to surf. And then Grease came up and I was lucky because the American version was a BBC production, so they knew my work.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/apr/29/broadcasting.observerreview
    Denise is refreshingly frank about her past relationships. She began dating Any Dream Will Do winner Lee in November 2007 – she was a judge on the reality show – shortly after returning from a long stint living in the US.

“I had a wild time in Los Angeles,” she says. “I was dating a hotshot Hollywood producer that nobody has ever known about and having fun.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/denise-van-outen-ive-only-402811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie_Evans;65416234]Just because her parents aren't together, doesn't mean that Betsy is unhappy. Staying together for the sake of a child isn't always the right thing to do, if the parents aren't unhappy together, the child will pick up on it.

You seem to know a lot about DVO 1 - how do you know what Lee is like to live with 2

BIB1 Google DVO Daily Mail. It's all in there!

BIB2 ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad to relish in a supposed relationship breakdown.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad to relish in a supposed relationship breakdown.:(

who's relishing :confused:

it's showbiz gossip openly in the press that posters are discussing in a showbiz discussion forum ... I see no relishing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted on here at the beginning of the year that they would announce they were divorcing this year.

I have seen nothing to change my mind :cool:
    I still predict a divorce announcement this year.
    quasimoron wrote: »
    She strikes me as very high maintainance and very career driven. I would not be surprised to hear, there were marital issues.
    Yes and poor Lee & Betsy. Lee's plane wheels had hardly hit the tarmac before Denise had him out the door with their daughter while she wandered the streets! :rolleyes:

It's disgraceful the way she uses her daughter for photo opportunites. In some of the browsing for clothes pics, Betsy isn't in shot and in the street she isn't even holding her hand on what looks like a very busy road. That looks like bad parenting.
    BIB Whether the story about the state of her marriage is true or not she has made some dosh from the pictures in the press, more dosh from the TV appearance and got herself plenty of media publicity and all out of a story we have heard before. For DVO - mission accomplished.

Except that the we don't have a nanny, so we can't do things together makes her look beyond stupid.

Who says they have to gush on Twitter? It's easy enough to see they spend little time together. Also DVO lives her life through and makes cash through the DM. It's pretty easy to see they don't holiday together. She's always in the DM in her her bikini while on hols with her mates.

All-in-all I don't think she cares. If she were to separate/divorce would she care about Lee and Betsy or would she just sell the story with pics to the highest bidder?
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I agree .... just go with the husband and the child like normal families do

plus most couples can find someone to babysit so they can go to a party together, I'm sure they're not short of friends

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4885490/Denise-Van-Outen-Lee-and-I-holiday-apart-because-we-dont-have-a-nanny.html

Hmm. I still predict a split by the end of the year, sooner rather than later by the sounds of it.

And no, I'm not rubbing my hands with glee but I personally never did think this was going to work. Seven year age gap together with them appearing to have nothing in common was a non starter from the beginning really. Add in the fact they never seem to want to spend any time together.....:eek:
    BIB Yes! Denise Van Outen is using whatever the situation really is to get publicity!

Whatever is happening, it is so sad for her daughter. Her parents are never together, they never go on family holidays and her mother sells all their family business to the papers.
    diamond1 wrote: »
    who's relishing :confused:

it's showbiz gossip openly in the press that posters are discussing in a showbiz discussion forum ... I see no relishing

I see relishing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see relishing.

your definition of relishing is obviously different from mine .... all I see are opinions and comments about DVO/Lee and their relationship ,,,, I see no "relish" (ie joy, zest) at the possible breakup/marriage problems
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB1 Google DVO Daily Mail. It's all in there!

BIB2 ?

The Daily Mail? Oh, well it must be true then, they're always spot on with the truth :o:D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It saddens me that two people are under such scrutiny.

So what if they are together/apart?

Good luck to Denise, Lee and Betsy and hopefully they will all be happy.

How does it impact on your life if they separate?:confused:

How does anything that we discuss on this forum affect any of our lives? We still all do it though.

If we were only allowed to talk about things that personally affected us, there would be absolutely no point in this website being open would there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail? Oh, well it must be true then, they're always spot on with the truth :o:D

And a photographer just happened to be where Denise Van Outen, Lee Mead, Betsy and a family friend were practically every day last week! Denise Van Outen isn't manipulating the whole saga! Those pics were taken without any tip offs from her. She's such a big celeb the paps follow her about! The DM are making the whole story up!:rolleyes::D
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    And a photographer just happened to be where Denise Van Outen, Lee Mead, Betsy and a family friend were practically every day last week! Denise Van Outen isn't manipulating the whole saga! Those pics were taken without any tip offs from her. She's such a big celeb the paps follow her about! The DM are making the whole story up!:rolleyes::D

I did think the other day that DVO appears to be morphing into Chantelle in both looks and her behaviour with the papz
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I see relishing.

Oh, don't be so ridiculous. It's called discussion :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I did think the other day that DVO appears to be morphing into Chantelle in both looks and her behaviour with the papz

I think Denise has always used the press just like Chantelle, Katie Price, Peter Andre etc. She's become far worse lately though. Maybe the work she hoped to get from SDC hasn't transpired and media whoring is very lucrative.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's taken a leaf out of the Chantelle book of phoning the paps and doing a sad face so we can all feel her pain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2312108/Denise-Van-Outen-looks-stressed-admitting-going-hardest-months-marriage.html
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    She's taken a leaf out of the Chantelle book of phoning the paps and doing a sad face so we can all feel her pain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2312108/Denise-Van-Outen-looks-stressed-admitting-going-hardest-months-marriage.html

pitiful, really PITIFUL!!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

saw that earlier and thought yep there's confirmation of my previous comments on here. Chantelle needs to watch her back it's all about Denise shopping and looking sad now:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Saw this earlier and her 'sad' face made me laugh out loud. Pathetic!!