Goodreads

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I recently joined and would love to connect with fellow authors and readers.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6968641.Keri_Beevis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I only discovered goodreads last month! My username (I think) is jemmaaa. No friends on there yet, please feel free to add me all! :)
    Forum Member
    Imej wrote: »
    I only discovered goodreads last month! My username (I think) is jemmaaa. No friends on there yet, please feel free to add me all! :)

Have just added you :)
    Forum Member
    Muzski wrote: »
    Thanks and yes waiting on that review! :D

I'm afraid I'm not a big tweeter but I am told I should get more into it. Busy trying to finish my latest novel, after that I'll try and get a bit more active.

Do. It's a pain in the butt because it takes a bit of time, but the results are worth it. I plug regularly on FB and Twitter and it can sometimes make a difference to my daily book rankings by about 60,000.

That said, I would dearly love to stop with the marketing and actually concentrate on the next book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imej wrote: »

I'm probably doing something wrong because I can't find you :D

You can add me if you like :)

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16471876-liz-wilkins
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2127827-tompopaageo

Feel free to add me, I haven't written any reviews yet but I do check in at least once a day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the add Lizzie, I have officially double my number of friends on Goodreads thanks to you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the add Lizzie, I have officially double my number of friends on Goodreads thanks to you :D

Ha! :)

I love Goodreads. I like to see what others are reading.
  • KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'v found loads of books I want to read already - trying not to think about the kindle bill! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    I'v found loads of books I want to read already - trying not to think about the kindle bill! :eek:

Haha, just think about it as an investment :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, just think about it as an investment :D

My Kindle "One Click" is set up on my Husbands credit card :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    My Kindle "One Click" is set up on my Husbands credit card :D:D:D

Even better :D
    Forum Member
    I'm probably doing something wrong because I can't find you :D

You can add me if you like :)

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16471876-liz-wilkins

Just sent you a request :)

I think I've possibly given you all the wrong username, sorry! Its a bit buggy on my phone, I'll give a direct link when I'm next on my computer.

Thanks to all those who've added me so far!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping someone on here might know - I'm trying to find Ann Agurrire - Enclave on the kindle but I can't seem to find it anywhere? Is it not available on kindle?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping someone on here might know - I'm trying to find Ann Agurrire - Enclave on the kindle but I can't seem to find it anywhere? Is it not available on kindle?

Its not currently available on the kindle, sadly. Someone (I can't remember who now, darn!) sent me it via email then I put it on my kindle. I deleted the mail or I would forward it too you. If you can be bothered to trail through the "What are you reading at the moment" and "213 in 2013" threads, it was in there that we discussed it - if you can find the user perhaps she'll send it!

Edit: It was Poppycat. Thanks Poppycat! There you go KitKat (my word all these c/kats! :D)!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not currently available on the kindle, sadly. Someone (I can't remember who now, darn!) sent me it via email then I put it on my kindle. I deleted the mail or I would forward it too you. If you can be bothered to trail through the "What are you reading at the moment" and "213 in 2013" threads, it was in there that we discussed it - if you can find the user perhaps she'll send it!

Edit: It was Poppycat. Thanks Poppycat! There you go KitKat (my word all these c/kats! :D)!

Thanks, I'll ask her if she'd mind sending it to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, I'll ask her if she'd mind sending it to me.

Sent :)

And if anyone else would like to read this fab book on their Kindle (and the sequel, Outpost) then send me a pm I'll be happy to oblige. I also have them in epub format for non Kindle users :)
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the bump, but here's a link for those who were having difficulties adding me:
    http://www.goodreads.com/jemmaaa

I've added everyone who's posted their names in here so far now. Promise I won't spam in here anymore. :D
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even remember using goodreads in the past, but it seems I have. Need to update everything as it's been a year since I was last on

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8262323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an announcement just been made to say they're 'teaming up' with Amazon. Judging from people's reaction on there it's not welcome news.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Ouch to all the librarians who spent hours fixing all those books that 'broke' when they weren't allowed to use Amazon's data anymore, now they can that was such a waste of time. I would be so p'd off. I haven't read a single positive thing on there about Amazon in about ten pages of posts.

I hope they integrate with Kindle so if you start a book on Kindle it automatically adds it to your Currently Reading list on GR. I also hope they never implement any kind of payment on there. They talk about adding new 'things' and 'lots' of new 'features' but whether users actually want/need them or will even use them remains to be seen as we have no idea what they are and, more importantly, if they will be free.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to add me :)
    purplemandy
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone on a big add thing. Been a member awhile ever since the Facebook thingy stopped.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an announcement just been made to say they're 'teaming up' with Amazon. Judging from people's reaction on there it's not welcome news.
    I love Goodreads, but am more than sad they have now capitulated to Amazon, especially after seemingly putting up a good fight last year. I am glad I have kept up with the Librarything, which is similar to Goodreads, but you have to pay to list over 200 books. Not expensive though.

I think I have added everyone from this thread who has asked as a friend on Goodreads but, if not, I am here. Feel free to befriend me!

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6613139-denise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Ouch to all the librarians who spent hours fixing all those books that 'broke' when they weren't allowed to use Amazon's data anymore, now they can that was such a waste of time. I would be so p'd off. I haven't read a single positive thing on there about Amazon in about ten pages of posts.

I hope they integrate with Kindle so if you start a book on Kindle it automatically adds it to your Currently Reading list on GR. I also hope they never implement any kind of payment on there. They talk about adding new 'things' and 'lots' of new 'features' but whether users actually want/need them or will even use them remains to be seen as we have no idea what they are and, more importantly, if they will be free.

What was it that actually happened, with the 'broken' books and Amazon? I keep seeing it being mentioned on GR but don't really understand what went on.

I also hope for Kindle integration but overall I'm not that thrilled about it all. I like the neutrality of GR, and even as 'fan' of Amazon and a Kindle user, I do feel it might be a bad thing for those who use other e-readers and I think we're going to get alot of Amazon related stuff shoved down our throats.