Message for the filthy Russian *^&*%$£

sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
In the vain hope that somebody else has experienced this via their Yahoo! email account, and which I believe has been going on for ages now without Yahoo! appearing to do anything.

To the filthy Russian half wit at IP 37.29.88.136 you are a complete and utter knob who obviously enjoys spamming the world with your communist cow poo.

Now crawl back under your filthy little tissue ridden bed and leave the world in peace.

Thanks.

Rant over.

Oh, and anybody who feels the need to spam this twit back - feel free.

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a spammer thats been at it for nearly 4 months from a quick look at it, probably just a zombie machine used to pump out spam as much as possible
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct and its plastered all over places like The Register. Channel 4 also did an investigation into it and Yahoo have done absolutely jack since discovering it. They identified the individual who is well known for this but for some reason they cant bring him to justice.

The filthy urchin gains access by XSS processes without even knowing your password then randomly selects address from your contacts list before sending out garbage. My trace of the access into my account started at 13:00 today via the Yahoo mobile browser in the Netherlands then immediately traced it back to that place in Russia.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is probably a very good reason to avoid webmail systems and use an email client like Thunderball where all your contacts are stored locally. I don't have any contacts stored on the wrong side of my firewall.

Also I make sure that my online Inbox is kept empty except as mail arrives. Anything I want to keep goes straight onto local storage.
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even have any contacts in my online contacts list. (Sorry didn't make that clear)

They just randomly select email addresses from people in your inbox and sent items.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    use an email client like Thunderball
    I think you are confusing a James Bond film with Thunderbird :D
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I think you are confusing a James Bond film with Thunderbird :D
    Oh dear! :o Did I actually say that? :o Oh yes, so I did. :o
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Its a spammer thats been at it for nearly 4 months from a quick look at it, probably just a zombie machine used to pump out spam as much as possible
    ...and this ladies and gents is why everyone should have AV. Even if you don't care about your own machine there is a good chance you will wind up causing grief for somebody else whilst it is infected.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's what that was. I have an old yahoo account that I never use much, and a month ago suddenly received few a strange emails from it to my main gmail address. I'd guessed someone had hacked the rather simple password on my yahoo account, but an unfixed exploit in the yahoo system sounds equally likely :p