Jessie J Reveals second album name...

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well she didnt reveal it it was on a poster to promote the album posted over on ATRL:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1186908_10202036782104023_765159083_n.jpg

So seems like it will be called 'Alive' and will be out September 23rd :D

Comments

• FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She forgot to close the quotation marks on the song titles. Very sloppy.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    FINALLY she has announced it. I will probs listen to the previews before I actually think about buying it. Been very disappointed by the new material I've heard so far.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    She forgot to close the quotation marks on the song titles. Very sloppy.

tut tut...someone's gunna get FIRED!!!!
    d56 wrote: »
    FINALLY she has announced it. I will probs listen to the previews before I actually think about buying it. Been very disappointed by the new material I've heard so far.

lol yeah i am both looking forward to this album and VERY VERY hesitant at the same time...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    She announced it at v fest today too. The hints she gave were purposeful red herrings because she didn't want it to leak even though it did a few days early thanks to the fan on Twitter who tweeted that picture a few days ago.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet she was originally going to call it 'Love' but changed it because everyone guessed it straight away.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so nervous. I know 'Who You Are' gets a lot of stick by not only critics but also by a lot of users on here, it actually is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I just love Jessie. Have done since 08 and I'm really conscious that since Domino her music hasn't been the same Jessie J I fell in love with.

Wild
    Its My Party
    Excuse My Rude
    Sexy Lady (30 seconds)
    Hero
    Magnetic

I don't love any of these songs. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I just don't love them.Jessie's USP is her voice. I know some people say she 'screeches' or whatever, but to me, she has one of the best voices in the industry right now. At the moment she's not using it. I can't wait to hear a big ballad from the album.

Ill buy Alive (don't even get me started on the album title) regardless and ill like it regardless. I just want the rest of the world to as well.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jessie J but I don't feel the urge to buy it like I do about Britneys upcoming album, im just gunna wait til xmas and put it on my xmas list
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ps didn't she say in a radio interview that the album title had the letter 'O' in it????
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Excuse My Rude, Magnetic and Hero on youtube and they are all really good songs. This album may be a suprise buy! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Magnetic and Hero aren't for her album unfortunately.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I'm so nervous. I know 'Who You Are' gets a lot of stick by not only critics but also by a lot of users on here, it actually is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I just love Jessie. Have done since 08 and I'm really conscious that since Domino her music hasn't been the same Jessie J I fell in love with.

Wild
    Its My Party
    Excuse My Rude
    Sexy Lady (30 seconds)
    Hero
    Magnetic

I don't love any of these songs. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I just don't love them.Jessie's USP is her voice. I know some people say she 'screeches' or whatever, but to me, she has one of the best voices in the industry right now. At the moment she's not using it. I can't wait to hear a big ballad from the album.

Ill buy Alive (don't even get me started on the album title) regardless and ill like it regardless. I just want the rest of the world to as well.

the critics were harsh, but katy perry's "teenage dream" received the same treatment and that too defied the critics in terms of success. she does get a lot of stick on the music forums though, but part of that is sometimes deserved with her underwhelming material and her over singing on some songs. i like her voice though, but she does need to reign it in a bit.

i feel the same way about her new material too. so far there hasn't been a "price tag" or "who you are" great and instead she seems to have settled for the more "domino" good type of tracks, which might have wider appeal. i do respect her passion for music though more generally and her drive to continue against a lot of negativity she has to put up with.:)