Problem connecting philips smart media box

Hi, just found this site and wondered if any gurus out there can help.
After connecting my philips smart box (to use netflix) to my technika M3LCD32 telly via hdmi cable, the philips logo appears then screen goes dark and "no signal" message appears. I've tried all 3 hdmi ports with the same results.
This is a replacement from Amazon as we were advised to return the original for a replacement.

Comments

• TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try another HDMI cable

Try it on another TV
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,439
    Forum Member
    If the Philips has a Composite output (yellow phono socket), try using that so you can check the settings - the Philips 'may' be defaulting to 1080P and your TV can't display that?.

This would explain why the logo appears, and then disappears - as the box reads it's settings and changes the resolution to 1080P.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks for suggestions.

Tiexen- tried a different cable, same result.
    Tried on sons tv and it works ok!

Nigel-unfortunately there is no composite output on unit.
    your theory sounds correct ref the 1080p.

Is a new telly the only answer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it's connected to your son's TV, go into its settings and change it from 1080p to something your own TV can handle. It's HD Ready so it should be able to handle 720p. May even go up to 1080i.
    Forum Member
    While it's connected to your son's TV, go into its settings and change it from 1080p to something your own TV can handle. It's HD Ready so it should be able to handle 720p. May even go up to 1080i.

Cheers Chris, will try that later in the week.
    Forum Member

Well done Chris:):):)
    What a star man. I reset the smart box to 720p and everything is as it should be. great picture as well.
    Thanks again
    Jake
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <like> !