More Live Shows or Less?

NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
Forum Member
✭✭✭
plans are to have just three live shows as you may or may not know

what are your views on this dramatic change?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a terrible idea. There wasn't enough live shows last time, this will kill the show.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The live shows were the weak link last time out, when we lost great vocalists week after week.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »

INsane!

I understand why the BBC have done this, the blinds and battles got the audience hooked, the lives less so.

But how can the public get to know a singer if theres hardly any opportunity to see them?

No "journey" ...
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    INsane!

I understand why the BBC have done this, the blinds and battles got the audience hooked, the lives less so.

But how can the public get to know a singer if theres hardly any opportunity to see them?

No "journey" ...

Isn't that so X-Factor which so many decry here?
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Zero, please. And not just live shows. Cheers.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Isn't that so X-Factor which so many decry here?

Ah, but The Voice is so much more upmarket and kinder than X Factor. In fact the whole thing is simply an X Factor spoiler. X Factor with spinning chairs. Give me strength :rolleyes:
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it or loathe it "the journey" is a factor in ALL reality shows, whether it be X-Factor/The Voice, The Apprentice or even Masterchef?Great British Bake Off.

Obviously a persons particular talents and abilities count for a lot, but theres always an element of human interest stories in the genre and it'd be silly to ignore it. I think it will alway be a factor in all reality TV shows.

And by having just 3 lives The Voice is taking this away..
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem last year was tue lives but not the amount of lives reducing them is a terrible idea
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if it's just to save money.. Doing it recorded must be cheaper than doing it live...
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Wonder if it's just to save money.. Doing it recorded must be cheaper than doing it live...

I was thinking more availability if the judges
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    NO WAY! We need more live shows and not less!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    It would be good if the results show was live as well, rather than closing the lines at 10pm and recording it that night and not showing it till the next day.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there weren't enough live shows last year there needs to be more maybe 5/6 at least.
    I know people complain about how The Voice is like X Factor at the live stages . It's just like all the other singing shows except The Voice the singers can sing in whichever genre suits them.
    The Voice did get some pretty good talent for the first show. They should make the results on the same night rather than the next day.
  • sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,459
    Forum Member
    I think you've got to go either one way or the other. More or less. Last year's was exactly the wrong amount.

Either you go all-out with a 10 week, one-by-one elimination process like X Factor does - and go in for all the week-to-week soap opera style antics that sustain the show. Or you get it done quickly, in a sports-style knockout competition. Obviously they've chosen the latter with the additional head-to-head knockout round and fewer live shows.

I think there's some logic in that. It differentiates from XF more thoroughly, and also allows the live shows to be more positive in tone. Like on Britain's Got Talent - each show is basically going to have one or two 'winners' who progress to face off in the next round. That's a very 'positive' sort of competition and so maybe suits the tone they're trying to hit with The Voice. With the elimination format, the focus is all negative - all about debating who was the worst and who deserves to get kicked out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »

More LIVE SHOWS.As a matter of fact, i am a little sad that Xtina won't be there in the next season.
    Perhaps in the season 5, she will lose weight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    The American show finally got the right balance on this by letting us see a lot of the journey of the contestants and lots of performances. Auditions, two different battle rounds so even those that may have been chopped at one of their performances would be shown in another and they had a lot of double elimination episodes with everyone singing rather than only certain groups each week, which really screwed up the whole process .

The way the BBC are handling this seems to me that it will totally sink this format which is a horrible shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else cringe when the word "journey" comes up?