Why Does Facebook Keep Giving Me A Blank Screen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know why facebook won't load, all i get is a blank screen in every broswer. Anyone else with the same problem or solution.

How do i contact Facebook (email) since i cannot access the site at all anymore.

Constant on and off problem for the last 3 days.

Comments

• marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook is appalling at the minute, I think they're messing with the system so they can get people to pay for the service, as apparently they will be charging from July.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook is appalling at the minute, I think they're messing with the system so they can get people to pay for the service, as apparently they will be charging from July.

Are you having a problem with it? I heard that was a malware scam myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're messing with the system so they can get people to pay for the service, as apparently they will be charging from July.
    No, they really really aren't. How gullible ARE you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

are you being for real?!

ffs, they are NOT charging from july!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I am just getting a white screen too :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is working again, it tends to work for 5 minutes, then brake again with the whitescreen for 20 minutes. What is going on.

Has anyone got a support email since they make it so increadiably difficult to get hold of someone at facebook.

Use the facebook forum support my arse! Then click here for futher support which gives me nothing!
  • GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will not be charging in July, they have stated that in a few press articles

its so funny how facebook groups can make people believe anything
  • TomiassTomiass Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    sorry not sure.

kick your computer :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It running really slow now :/
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you trying in IE or Firefox?
    I'm using firefox and don't have any problems at all, FB is loading really fast. But as a very recent convert to FF, I find everything loads faster on FF than IE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    Are you trying in IE or Firefox?
    I'm using firefox and don't have any problems at all, FB is loading really fast. But as a very recent convert to FF, I find everything loads faster on FF than IE.

I have tried IE, Firefox and Safari :/ All run into the same problems. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook is very messed up at the moment. They're trying to change the layout frequently to keep it updated and new but it's just making it harder to load. I often have to wait a few hours before loading the page as my browser just gives me the white screen of doom.

All I can suggest is that you try Firefox as apparently Facebook prefers that, but beyond that I think it's just a case of reluctant patience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    a friend sent me this advice for if facebook was running slow and a bit weird..

go into the application settings
    look into "added to profile"
    delete any that say "unknown app"

apparently its spyware or something and it slows your facebook page down loads - I didnt find it on mine and my page is still slow, but it might be worth you trying as a few of my friends all claim that this worked for them :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah04 wrote: »
    are you being for real?!

ffs, they are NOT charging from july!!!!!!
    Hate to tell you this but while Facebook won't, DS will :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxtar1981 wrote: »
    a friend sent me this advice for if facebook was running slow and a bit weird..

go into the application settings
    look into "added to profile"
    delete any that say "unknown app"

apparently its spyware or something and it slows your facebook page down loads - I didnt find it on mine and my page is still slow, but it might be worth you trying as a few of my friends all claim that this worked for them :)

It isn't spyware, those chain messages that go round facebook are just dumb, if you're anti virus is up to daye and your settings are as you want them, then your facebook is as safe as anything else you use online.

deleting that unknown app makes no difference at all.

just just a normal scan.. www.ccleaner.com is free and simple to use and helps keep the crap of your machine.

ps: my facebook is fine, I just leveled up in Mafia Wars. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again everyone. I reported the problem finally to facebook who said it is a common problem without a solution :mad:

And thanks for all the help, i didn't find any unknown apps, but i don't expect it will work for long.

What really gets me is i don't get the white screen of doom. It stays on the the browser homepage like Google, and i type in facebook, the bar at the bottom stays at 0% for about 3 minutes, with google on screen, then jumps to 'done' and i get a blank screen :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dissonance wrote: »
    Hate to tell you this but while Facebook won't, DS will :D:D

i wouldnt mind paying for DS! :D:D:D
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting the same problem, and so are quite a few of my friends. The problem started for all of us around the same time. A simple refresh usually sorts it out.

I can't believe people are still falling for the Facebook charging thing.
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the white screen everytime I try to log in as well :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I can log in and not get white screen but farmville and similar applications aren't working. It says upgrade my shockwave. I've done atht and still no good. It's fine on other sites just the farmville and similar on facebook
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook was running a bit slow for me earlier but it's alright now. The chat bar keeps disappearing every now and again though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, absolutely typical. Facebook works fine all day while i'm working, just log on because i have finished. And the problem has come back again! Aughhh!

Refreshing the screen doesn't do anything. It seems to stop working daily after 5.30 by the looks of it now, consistently.

So what is going on here??