New LED (primarily for gaming) £750 budget

Hi all - I'm completely new here but wanted some advice / opinions on the current range of LED sets out there. So many it makes my head hurt...

And apologies... I'm sure you get tons of people asking the same old 'which is best' questions.

My 42" LG LCD blew last weekend (another story altogether) and I rushed down to Currys to find a replacement, reluctantly spending £550 on a Toshiba LED 3D Smart-tv jobby. It was a reduced model but seemed a good price and spec, so I took a bite.
After a little playing around I am completely underwhelmed by the UI, light levels, audio, and general sluggishness. I can take or leave 3D, so I think getting this set was a mistake. Reviews indicate that the 3D is the main thing going for it.

Now, I'm about to return the Toshiba and am looking to increase my Sony fandom by investing a little more and picking up the following set - http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-107-42-lcd/kdl-42w654a/technical-specifications

Just after some feedback on this model if anyone has/had one. I've played with it in-store and I love the UI and general aesthetic. I have a Sony phone, console, handheld, etc, so part of me wants to keep everything uniformed, but I don't want to spend £750 when there may be a vastly superior tv at a comparable cost.

Any and all advice welcome! : ) and Happy Friday!

Comments