PSN will be offline again

familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,586
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I saw this on Playstation wesbite saying that on Monday PSN will be offline from 4pm to 3am (5th March)
PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:00 GMT on Monday 4 March 2013 to 03:00 GMT on Tuesday 5 March 2013.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:
PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

If you have any questions about this down time, feel free to visit the official PlayStation Forums at community.eu.playstation.com where you can post your query and a member of the Community Team will get back to you.

For the latest maintenance updates, visit the PlayStation Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com, keep an eye on our Facebook page at facebook.com/SonyPlayStation and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PLAYSTATIONEU.

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item284695/PlayStation-Network-scheduled-maintenance/

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the downtime will last longer than expected like the last one.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Went to sign in about 3.45pm 15 minutes before it was due to go offline and couldn't sign in.

I'm annoyed that it went offline before the time it was due to!
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another balls up by Sony.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mate log on at 15:55 so I guess the login server is up and down at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring on the whinging crybabies........
    Forum Member
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Bring on the whinging crybabies........

Says someone who managed to get online. I haven't had a chance to play lately and now i still can't bloody play!

I bet XBox users don't get this regular lengthy offline rubbish.

I've never understood why Sony don't tell us what these offline periods are for.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Here we go, I can't wait for the return off "FFS SONY, I HAVE A DAY OFF WORK ON THIS EXACT DAY, AND AFTER MONTHS OF IGNORING IT, I CHOSE TONIGHT, THIS VERY NIGHT, BY COMPLETE RANDOM CHANCE, TO PLAY MY PS3, AND ONCE AGAIN YOUR NETWORK IS DOWN!!!11!!!!!1!!" :p
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Here we go, I can't wait for the return off "FFS SONY, I HAVE A DAY OFF WORK ON THIS EXACT DAY, AND AFTER MONTHS OF IGNORING IT, I CHOSE TONIGHT, THIS VERY NIGHT, BY COMPLETE RANDOM CHANCE, TO PLAY MY PS3, AND ONCE AGAIN YOUR NETWORK IS DOWN!!!11!!!!!1!!" :p

Some people have commitments and don't all work 9-5 etc....

Many other services stay up online with very little if any downtime.

I'm sure after a while many will get fed up and choose another console, hence the reason why Sony has lost the console war and Microsoft is leader currently.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    Many other services stay up online with very little if any downtime.

It happens once a month for a few hours each time, for a free service (hell, the Nintendo Network went down itself just a month or so ago).

But it does always make me laugh, there's always ONE person who apparently waits until this exact moment to play their PS3 when the PSN goes down for maintenance. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Here's the statement from Sony:
    During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “Sony Entertainment Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. If you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since February 27th), you may be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period.

Bit of a strange access condition, but there you go.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol, there do seem to be a few people on the internet who only want to play their PS3 online on maintenance days :D
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just signed in on the PS3 and Vita :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prebono wrote: »
    That sounds like database work to me.

As for moaning - I don't know if it still does as I now work on Friday, but does eBay still go down every Friday morning for a couple of hours for maintenance?
    Forum Member
    Prebono wrote: »

I signed in last weekend, but can't sign in today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just signed in no probs like 2 mins ago

also my son has been on his since around 7pm
    Forum Member
    It happens once a month for a few hours each time, for a free service (hell, the Nintendo Network went down itself just a month or so ago).

But it does always make me laugh, there's always ONE person who apparently waits until this exact moment to play their PS3 when the PSN goes down for maintenance. :p

I don't wait, it's a crap boring Monday night and i want to play games in the little time i have at home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    I don't wait, it's a crap boring Monday night and i want to play games in the little time i have at home.

i like when i cant sign in, gets me off cod and allows me to play some single player games
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how people still complain about the down time, how dare sony improve the free service they provide for free and make it better for everyone

and it just so happens that they are doing it on the exact day that billy bob has time to play for the first time in months, we should all give up our improvements because billy couldn't possibly play the single player
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably have to do security checks each month. Maybe even change a few things related to that due to it being hacked in the past and also to keep out or check for hacked consoles online. They were fined a lot of money recently so only natural they want to tweak it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    They probably have to do security checks each month. Maybe even change a few things related to that due to it being hacked in the past and also to keep out or check for hacked consoles online. They were fined a lot of money recently so only natural they want to tweak it.
    Nothing to do with that. They've been doing this for years.

Routine pruning and optimising of its large databases most likely.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I like how people still complain about the down time, how dare sony improve the free service they provide for free and make it better for everyone

and it just so happens that they are doing it on the exact day that billy bob has time to play for the first time in months, we should all give up our improvements because billy couldn't possibly play the single player

:cool:

It's the 'me me me' of it.

If I can't have it this 'second' then I don't want it. Such throwaway lines in this thread from some posters.

Reality check for some of them needed
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no problems getting online last night.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Another balls up by Sony.

why because the free service will be down for a bit, rather that than xbox pay for service that have hold of your credit card details that you cant rub off (like you can on ps3) and is full of adverts now
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    i like when i cant sign in, gets me off cod and allows me to play some single player games

same here im becoming obsessed with getting my platinum for just cause 2 at the moment even though i just got tomb raider lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same here im becoming obsessed with getting my platinum for just cause 2 at the moment even though i just got tomb raider lol

Enjoy going for the Just Cause 2 plat. I got there with about an hour's worth of gameplay to go before I would have started to get bored. A truly great game.

I'm working on Mass Effect 2 plat now as 3 has just become free for us PS+ers.