Source Code new film from Duncan Jones (Merged)

welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After his success with Moon Duncan Jones has got a new film coming out next year and it looks good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKtr9ZAooc8&sns=em

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks completely amazing! Has me hooked already! I have to see it now!

It looks like a mixture of The Matrix, Inception, Groundhog Day and Murder She Wrote with a hint of alternate realities and parallel universes.

Btw thank you for the post, would never have heard about it otherwise:)
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THAT........ LOOKS.........AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like Moon really impressed in Holywood, as this film looks way bigger in terms of scale and budget, could Bowie jnr be the next Chris Nolan?
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer yesterday, liked it a lot.

I think it seems to match up a lot with Deja Vu.

a) there's a bomb that kills a lot of people,
    b) a secret government project can try to find out what happened with a sort-of time travel device
    c) in theory it can only look back in time, you can't change anything
    d) however the male hero decides that's not good enough and decides he wants to save the potential love interest

I think the Quantum Leap-style approach looks more interesting here, though, & it should be an excellent film. Let's hope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this film can live up to the success of Moon,trailer has me hooked so far
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems rather simple to me - Find the bomber, stop the explosion (Save girl) = Film done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Can't wait! Loved Moon and this looks really interesting.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Yep loved Moon and this looks awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twelve Monkeys meets Seven Days (3 season sci-fi show from late 90s) via Quantum Leap.

Yawn.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's no Moon certainly but it might be interesting. And like Filthy2002 I also got that Quantum Leap vibe ;)

Oh boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else really looking forward to this? I think it looks amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WatVodRARsU&feature=fvsr
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1st time I saw the trailer I was hoping that they had made a film of Quantum Leap. But I am looking forward to this as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    To be honest, not heard of this until I just saw this thread :), it looks like a good little thriller, although I still find Jake Gyllenhaal hard to adjust to as a Action /Thriller star, he just doesn't quite look up to it for me - I honestly don't know why. Although I have noticed that he has gone the same route as DiCaprio (for serious / action / thriller type roles then grow facial hair of some kind :))

But the director also wrote and directed Moon, which was a pretty good film and concept so it does give me some anticipation for this film, shame he didn't write this film too as the writer hasn't written what I call good films before.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »

cheers for that,get an article up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    It looks good, can't wait! After Moon though, I would give anything by Duncan Jones a try, I was so impressed with it.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    Bump!

Moon was brilliant so I'll be seeing this regardless - because it's directed by Duncan Jones. The trailers for Source Code look great and it's getting positive reviews... I can't wait. :)

Just under two weeks until it's released now, but for those of you who are, like me, quite impatient, you can watch the first five minutes on DS right now: http://bit.ly/ez4Keu
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Ta for that, think that's one me and Mr AK will be off to see
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Leigh on film 2011 seemed impressed with it as well
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikeJW wrote: »
    Saw the trailer yesterday, liked it a lot.

I think it seems to match up a lot with Deja Vu.

a) there's a bomb that kills a lot of people,
    b) a secret government project can try to find out what happened with a sort-of time travel device
    c) in theory it can only look back in time, you can't change anything
    d) however the male hero decides that's not good enough and decides he wants to save the potential love interest

I think the Quantum Leap-style approach looks more interesting here, though, & it should be an excellent film. Let's hope.

Thought of those two when I watched the trailer. I loved Quantum Leap, but thought Deja Vu was a pile of crap, so I kinda hope it doesn't follow that film too closely!

I liked Moon, but thought it was somewhat overrated, so I'll go into this one cautiously optomistic.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Saw the trailer in the cinema (when I went to see Adjustment Bureau) and thought it looked quite good, sounds like Total Recall.
    However I felt the trailer revealed too much about the film :rolleyes: :mad:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0945513/
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    I havent seen Moon but it sounds like my kind of film :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does no-one else think it just sounds like a complete rip off of 12 Moneys??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Monkeys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »
    Does no-one else think it just sounds like a complete rip off of 12 Moneys??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Monkeys

The only thing similar is that they get sent to the past to stop something so no not a complete rip of anyway.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Just a "homage" to Quantum Leap then?

I'll still try it out though.