2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darn. There's a recon of episode 7 out there, using all the youtube animation sequences and clips made by fans (some clips are better quality than others!) -- but it shows what would happen if fans animated a little bit of an ep each :)

that's fine:) i will probably spend all night looking for it!
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    There are many recons of ep 7, this is the one I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEqJs-Qpfi4
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    What I find most strange about the release date of the Ice Warriors is:
    That they don't seem to be timing it to coincide with their return in the new series, you would have thought they would want to capitalise on this. So I can only assume they are doing "something" behind the scenes otherwise they would put more effort into releasing it sooner.
    It was originally supposed to come out in april (the coming soon trailer on the aztecs se would indicate that) but it was pushed back 4 months for some reason
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I have to say that I was a little disappointed by the animation as well, although I was too scared to say so before as everyone seemed so excited by it.

I thought the backgrounds and scenery was beautiful but some of the character animations looked a little odd. I found the teeth and eyes quite distracting for some reason and some of the shots of William Hartnell's face looked quite odd.

It just didn't seem quite as good as the animation for The Invasion, but I do appreciate that the animation used for the that was a one off, rather expensive method that just wasn't cost effective so I'm happy to live with the compromise it if means that we will get more animated recons and It would also be great to get some behind the scenes doco's about the animation on future releases.

For me its just about there just the fast cutting needs slowing down. Im hopefull future animations the director listens to fans comments and obliges with changes most have requested.

A lot of the really negative opinions on the reign animation dont seem to take into account that its their first official animation released. As its their first release Its never going to be perfect. Give them time and experence and they will improve
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    For me its just about there just the fast cutting needs slowing down. Im hopefull future animations the director listens to fans comments and obliges with changes most have requested.

A lot of the really negative opinions on the reign animation dont seem to take into account that its their first official animation released. As its their first release Its never going to be perfect. Give them time and experence and they will improve

My friends and I will be watching The Reign of Terror over the next three weeks (two episodes every Sunday). I can't wait to see this animation. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan hall mentioned at galifrey one convention in los Angeles that another title that had animation in production would get announced some point today
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Dan hall mentioned at galifrey one convention in los Angeles that another title that had animation in production would get announced some point today

And its tenth planet
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where does this now leave the last piece of the 2013 jigsaw the underwater menace 2?is this going to end up as an extra on the ice warriors dvd?
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray! Tenth Planet! I knew that would be the 50th Anniversary release. It has to come out in November. :)

where does this now leave the last piece of the 2013 jigsaw the underwater menace 2?is this going to end up as an extra on the ice warriors dvd?

It should be given its own release since now there are only two episodes which will be needed to be animated.

With The Ice Warriors and The Tenth Planet having been announced to be completed with animation, the as of yet unannounced to be completed serials which will probably be animated in order to be completed under the current policy are:

The Crusade
    The Underwater Menace
    The Moonbase

(and possibly) Mission to the Unknown.

(Man, that was a clunky sentence.)

I will add these to the list soon. However, I don't think that any of them will be released this year, but in 2014 instead. Also, I am waiting for the announcement about the animation which is supposed to come out of the Australian convention later this month. I am hoping that they will announce an intention to animate everything that is missing, but I will gladly take whatever expansion of the current policy which will include the animating of more missing episodes. :)
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »

With The Ice Warriors and The Tenth Planet having been announced to be completed with animation....

There has been no confirmation that the Ice Warriors missing episodes will be animated.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »

With The Ice Warriors and The Tenth Planet having been announced to be completed with animation
    don't think the ice warriors has yet been announced as being animated yet (fingers crossed,maybe in a few weeks time at that australian covenvention )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    don't think the ice warriors has yet been announced as being animated yet (fingers crossed,maybe in a few weeks time at that australian covenvention )

Next weekend so not long to wait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is amazing news! now all we need confirmed is ice warriors and underwater menace animation then that's all i really want for this year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    although i am a bit worried Thetamation is doing the animation, i hope they don't screw up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is to be another animated episode announced any minute now.
    Forum Member
    Ice Warriors, it should be. If not, I would love to see The Moonbase get animated :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ice Warriors, it should be. If not, I would love to see The Moonbase get animated :D

or possibly underwater menace or crusade?
    Forum Member
    Those too. I think The Moonbase would be an animation that gets everyone excited :D

Where are you getting your info from Jake, btw? Just wondering if its a source I can keep track of too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those too. I think The Moonbase would be an animation that gets everyone excited :D

Where are you getting your info from Jake, btw? Just wondering if its a source I can keep track of too :)

grazey1985 (or gordon, on this other forum)
    has said that there is to be another announcement at some point today. http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-the-ice-warriors-vhs-dvd-possibly-soon/ go down to the comments. I think it is to be announced at a Gallifrey One convention in L.A.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 (or gordon, on this other forum)
    has said that there is to be another announcement at some point today. http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-the-ice-warriors-vhs-dvd-possibly-soon/ go down to the comments. I think it is to be announced at a Gallifrey One convention in L.A.

tell you what, i will just quote it: Dan Hall announced today, at the Gallifrey One convention in L.A., that there was another story that had animations in production, but he didn’t say which story that was. The name of that title will be announced tomorrow on an official Doctor Who site (I think he said doctorwho.tv but I’m not sure). Which, since it is tomorrow in the U.K. already, should be any minute now.
    Forum Member
    Thanks, that'll convince people on GB to watch out :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, that'll convince people on GB to watch out :)

lol, probably one of the following:
    the ice warriors
    the underwater menace
    the Moonbase
    the crusade
    (and possibly) mission to the unknown:D
    Forum Member
    Are we sure this is a seperate dvd, or is it The Tenth Planet? Can't tell as the website has no time marker for when comments were posted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we sure this is a seperate dvd, or is it The Tenth Planet? Can't tell as the website has no time marker for when comments were posted.

the comment was posted at about 4:30pm (UK time). I think it would be best to ask grazey1985