BBC 1 scotland frequency and a theory

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
Forum Member
just wondering can anyone give me the frequency for bbc 1 scotland for scottish league games. also can you recieve free channels by pointing your dish at someone elses. i herd you could can you help cheers.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.798 H 27.5 2/3
    BBC1 Scotland wont be much good to you unless you have a Scottish viewing card. it is blocked outside of Scotland

the theory about pointing your dish at someone elses is not true
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    We should all be able to get BBC1 Scotland when BBC changes to Astra 2D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Not if this story in this morning's Glasgow Herald is correct -

SIZE=3]BBC backs down in satellite SPL row[/SIZE]

SCOTTISH football faces a BBC digital blackout in an attempt to avert a potential legal dispute with Setanta, the pay-per-view broadcaster.

Up to one million viewers watching BBC Scotland will lose the high quality digital satellite coverage of the SPL next season after Setanta complained it was a breach of its rights to beam Scottish games live to the UK and Ireland.

The Irish-based digital broadcaster's on-off negotiations with the SPL ended in October with an agreement to pay £2.8m for the privilege of beaming BBC Scotland's 38 live games per season plus 18 exclusive live matches to the UK.

But a move by the BBC to cut financial ties with Sky a fortnight ago, would have allowed all BBC broadcasts, including BBC Scotland, to be seen across the country without a viewing card from next season.

Now the BBC has revealed its technical staff is working to block BBC Scotland's live football broadcasts to the digital network next season to prevent a breach of the Setanta deal.

Viewers would only be able to pick up BBC Scotland's live football coverage through an aerial ensuring that only home Scots will pick up broadcasts.

But it would make it impossible to continue with any interactive coverage of games.

The BBC has been anxious to resolve the problems, aware that some of the 12 SPL clubs want to re-negotiate the BBC deal or look for another one claiming that the income barely compensates for a decline in gate receipts.

BBC Scotland bought the live rights for £16m after protracted negotiations two days before the season began after the concept of a pay-per-view SPL channel was vetoed by the Old Firm. The deal involved broadcasting to Scotland only and was allied to a Setanta deal for pay-per-view option.

-March 25th

[
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the BBC doesn't let football cause it major problems in the way it did for ITV Digital! It's only a sport after all and shouldn't rule the actions of television networks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree!

We're back to the pre Sky days when English games were blocked in Scotland and vice versa - the BBC must use its clout to sort out the football clubs.

If I were in charge of a club (God forbid!), I'd rather negotiate for UK coverage on BBC digital and analogue, rather than an obscure - and previously unreliable - Irish company.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    BBC 1 scotland frequency and a theory

Here you will find all the frequences regarding 28o
    http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

:cool: Marty
  • CookieCookie Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about all those people in many parts of Scotland who are not able to receive any terrestrial tv signal?
    It is not just remote areas of the Highlands but many other mountainous areas away from town and village centres. My sister lives just 8 miles from Dunoon but has only been able to receive BBC and ITV etc since Sky digital began to broadcst them. I can see the reason for the BBC having to do this but Sky has been such a wonderful thing for those in Scotland who up until now could not receive any television.
    BBC 1 Scotland should be available to all homes in Scotland at all times.
  • George LGeorge L Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Being able to watch live Scottish football would be the only real beneift of the BBC going FTA from my point of view. If they then decide to "black-out" the games, then it defeats the object of the whole thing :(
  • bobmeadesbobmeades Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought if all the regions treated their football matches the same, it would all even out - it would be share & share alike, but football fans do tend to be a bit childish!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the greedy football bosses and players who are the problem.

They have no sense of their true worth and give themselves this God like sense of their importance, because the fans are so hungry for the sport.

A year's blackout on all channels with no TV income would sort them out...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Cookie
    What about all those people in many parts of Scotland who are not able to receive any terrestrial tv signal?
    It is not just remote areas of the Highlands but many other mountainous areas away from town and village centres. My sister lives just 8 miles from Dunoon but has only been able to receive BBC and ITV etc since Sky digital began to broadcst them. I can see the reason for the BBC having to do this but Sky has been such a wonderful thing for those in Scotland who up until now could not receive any television.

And it will be, with the exception of a sunday afternoon game of football between two sides that are not their local teams.

Instead of having to get a subsidised Sky box to watch the BBC, they will now be able to buy any box to watch the BBC.

Instead of having to pay Sky £10 a month to digitally record BBC programmes, they can buy any PVR and not have to pay the Sky+ tax.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I am moving from Scotland to England soon. If I dont tell sky of my move will my card still allow access to BBC Scotland?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Cookie

What are you suggesting? That the BBC should spend £40m so that a few thousand Scots can choose to watch a Sunday match for year?

It would be cheaper for the BBC to pay for taxis to take all the people who want to watch the game to the match itself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by jimmyczz
    I am moving from Scotland to England soon. If I dont tell sky of my move will my card still allow access to BBC Scotland?

Yes I think it will, but I think you'll need to inform them of your address change if you subscribe to any packages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    you mean if I subsribe to any additional packages?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by doddster
    just wondering can anyone give me the frequency for bbc 1 scotland for scottish league games. also can you recieve free channels by pointing your dish at someone elses. i herd you could can you help cheers.

Lots of free channels by pointing your dish at someone else's SATELLITE (rather than the source of Sky's platform).

No channels at all if you point your dish at another dish.

However add more than 20 channels in "Other Channels" and the Digibox tends to forget them.

Also some free channels can't be "tuned" by the Digibox (wrong SR).

I considered a Humax Receiver, but got a Hauppauge DVBs PCI card (Called Nexus now). It gets 4 satellites including the Free channels on "Sky".

Most of the free channels are not English, but a worthwhile number are.

Also POP video in itallian, German, Polish, Bulgarian etc tend to be similar to the Sky ones, except a slightly less inteligable DJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by jimmyczz
    yes.

Even in Gibralter, Poland, Italy and Ireland etc, till June, then the card not needed for BBC. After June you will be OK in Ireland and UK, but some Continental places will need a very big dish.

Cyprus, Eygpt already using HUGE dishes (3m) for Sky and will lose BBC (can't get ITV, RTE, Disney, Hallmark already)
  • muffinheadmuffinhead Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    what a small world watty! watty the hell are you doing on here? so is this where you get all you exclusives from:rolleyes: !
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At last the English BBC viewers can watch Still Game - although with the help of subtitles due to the weegie accents :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    From Edinburgh, does this mean that I won't be able to watch the England game tonight by adding BBC England to "other channels" as with no BBC Scotland in england.

I think BBC England is on 11.720 H 27.5 2/3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your sky card is programmed to BBC Scotland, then no you wont be able to "Add Channels" to get BBC England.
  • pcdocpcdoc Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    We experienced this problem of not getting regional programs that we wanted.

BBC1 Scotland is on Transponder 5 11.798 H. But when we programed this in although the program name came up we only got Program not avalable. We found out off of Sky that this was due to the BBC insisting that regional programs are distributed by post code.

We got round this by asking Sky to update our Postcode to one we had when we lived in Scotland. Their software then sends us the regional programs for that area.

Hopefully with the deal between BBC and sky falling through All BBC regional programs will be available to all, after all wasn't that the reason behind digital TV, Choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    according 2 ozsat u should be able 2 get all bbc one regions
  • pcdocpcdoc Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    At the mo you cant. The BBC are insisting on encryption so that its only available to sky subscribers in the regon conserned. Hopfully after the 31st of May all regions will be available to everyone.

When ITV was first brodcast on sky we asked if we could have our region changed as we already had ITV angla and London Through NTL we wanted a Scottish region. So that we could stay uptodate with the news from home. We also thought it may be useful for the new year after all we could get all those Scottish programs that us exiled Scots miss so much. Sky said this wasn't possible.

By having our Postcode changed we now have the regional programs we want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "according 2 ozsat u should be able 2 get all bbc one regions"

You can get all the BBC1 regional news services at 6.30pm ish. This is through the red button. But at the moment you cant have all the output from one of the other regions.

This problem will go away if/when the BBC go fta at the beginning of June.