The Sims 3

Comments

• SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone! Would you mind giving my Sims 3 Legacy a look at? Didn't know where else to put it, and I know you Simmers would appreciate it :D

http://morgendorferchronicles.wordpress.com/
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you choose what time a community lot closes? Like when bars open at 5pm and close at 3pm.

I created my own community lot that's listed as a hangout but sims are there until all hours of the day and i want to restrict what times sims can be there until.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Can you choose what time a community lot closes? Like when bars open at 5pm and close at 3pm.

I created my own community lot that's listed as a hangout but sims are there until all hours of the day and i want to restrict what times sims can be there until.

Not without a mod no, the opening times are fixed according to the community lot type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know zoning what the Little Corsian Bistro is set at?I've built a community lot based on a real life place i visit regulary and in real life it's active between 11am & 11pm.

At the moment i've set it as a private venue which is open from 12pm-1am and i want to have my community lot to have the same set hours as the Bistro which is 11am-11pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Do you know zoning what the Little Corsian Bistro is set at?I've built a community lot based on a real life place i visit regulary and in real life it's active between 11am & 11pm.

At the moment i've set it as a private venue which is open from 12pm-1am and i want to have my community lot to have the same set hours as the Bistro which is 11am-11pm.

Not off the top of my head I don't I'm afraid. Try Snooty Sims they're a good site for that kind of information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a way to stop my laptop fan from sounding very loud while playing the sims 3? It only sounds loud while playing the game. When i minimise or exit the game the fan quietens.

My specs:
    6GB RAM
    2.40 ghz processor

I am playing on a HP Pavilon DV6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, the fan kicking in is the laptop cooling itself down because Sims 3 is a very demanding game. Every time the fan churns it's doing so for a reason, usually because the game is making it do lots of processing or heavy graphical work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to keep it on a cushion if i'm on the laptop, makes it a lil bit quieter...and i dont burn my knees!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest Stuff Pack announced: Diesel Life Stuff.

I loved the H&M one from Sims 2 so quite looking forward to this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Latest Stuff Pack announced: Diesel Life Stuff.

I loved the H&M one from Sims 2 so quite looking forward to this one.

Looks good!
    Can't wait for new clothes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Katy Perry themed pack as well which I don't think I'll be buying!
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not impressed that we are getting 2 stuff packs in a row - what about something like seasons!

the stuff packs seem dearer too - the katy perry one is £22 on amazon, and the diesel one is £14.99 - a bit dear for just stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i normally wait for the stuff ones to come down a bit, give them a few weeks and they're much cheaper.
    The Katy Perry one makes me wonder why they did the limited katy perry showtime..

GIVE US SEASONS. i loved when they could sunbathe as well. and swim in the sea!

I have such a wishlist though for if i could design my own pack!
  • Gondolin GirlGondolin Girl Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the H&M stuff pack for the Sims 2, so I'm quite looking forward to the Diesel one.

I really hope they release a seasons expansion pack at some point. It's the one I'm waiting for. I used to love having my sims raking up leaves in Sims 2. And it was great fun when they would get sunburnt if they stayed out in the sun too long. :D
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of starting this again, maybe get a few of the expansion packs. I got it when it first came out but uninstalled it not long after as I felt it was a step backwards from The Sims 2. But maybe now with the expansion packs and the addition of new features, it might be better now. Thinking of getting the pets one, any other ones that are worth buying? I don't really want to get every one so one or two that adds a lot more to the game would be good, thanks.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats Sims 3 like? Iusedto love Sims 2 and all the extra packs years back and am thinking of getting Sims 3. Is it good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of starting this again, maybe get a few of the expansion packs. I got it when it first came out but uninstalled it not long after as I felt it was a step backwards from The Sims 2. But maybe now with the expansion packs and the addition of new features, it might be better now. Thinking of getting the pets one, any other ones that are worth buying? I don't really want to get every one so one or two that adds a lot more to the game would be good, thanks.

World Adventures adds three new holiday style locations and loads of new interations with the tombs and adventures.
    Ambitions adds new careers and ways of working, plus new locations and types of community building. Late Night adds similar and then a whole new load of interactions and careers associated with the Celebrity status, plus it adds vampires.
    Generations vastly improves things for both ends of the age spectrum, loads more things for children and toddlers, teens and elders, plus the Day Care career and associated community buildings. Pets is pretty obvious, it adds Pets but in such a superior way to either Sims 1 or 2 as you can directly control and play the Pets themselves.
    Showtime is probably the weakest EP but it still adds huge value to the game. More locations, new career, and the social interactions option of sharing your sims directly with friends etc.
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Whats Sims 3 like? Iusedto love Sims 2 and all the extra packs years back and am thinking of getting Sims 3. Is it good?

Sims 3 is utterly different from Sims 2, the best advice I could give you is to get the base game and give it a go. It takes a bit of getting used to as the way the game plays is such a radical departure from the previous ones. It also requires a much more powerful PC than Sims 1 or 2, a dedicated graphics card really is a must to play it properly.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    World Adventures adds three new holiday style locations and loads of new interations with the tombs and adventures.
    Ambitions adds new careers and ways of working, plus new locations and types of community building. Late Night adds similar and then a whole new load of interactions and careers associated with the Celebrity status, plus it adds vampires.
    Generations vastly improves things for both ends of the age spectrum, loads more things for children and toddlers, teens and elders, plus the Day Care career and associated community buildings. Pets is pretty obvious, it adds Pets but in such a superior way to either Sims 1 or 2 as you can directly control and play the Pets themselves.
    Showtime is probably the weakest EP but it still adds huge value to the game. More locations, new career, and the social interactions option of sharing your sims directly with friends etc.

Thanks. Seems like all of them are worth getting, but unfortunately I can't afford to pay for all those. The Sims games are always so pricey :p Is it similar to The Sims 2 in that the most recent expansion pack is the one I play? That basically meant I didn't need the others unless I needed to reinstall them for some reason. If so, then I might see if I know someone that has them, install the earlier expansion packs and then buy the latest one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, you play with the latest released disc. You would also get all of the basic additional functions added in each EP through the patches so if your game is up to date, you'll have got some of the basic game play changes each new EP added.
    You can also install the EPs and Stuff Packs in any order so if you did buy them later, you wouldn't have to reinstall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently they just closed the EAUK forums today just leaving the sims 3 section open!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooer!

i count bank holiday as a good time for simming :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    ooer!

i count bank holiday as a good time for simming :D

I've just had a little go. Gobbias Koffi moved in Morgana Wolff. According to Morgana's scrapbook she got 'divorced 'from Thornton then broke up with him.

Morgana now lives in Harold Bishop's house from Neighbours. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    A new expansion pack is coming out! The sims 3 Supernatural!

http://thesims.com/en_US/the-sims-3-supernatural

I think it looks pretty good :) What do you make of it?
    Definitely takes it all a step further than before I think
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched the trailer and i'm not sure what to make of it, nothing there that will do much for the way i personally play the game.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to play the original Sims and just downloaded the Sims Free Play app which has really got me tempted to 'upgrade' to the game proper.

Any suggestions/recommendations on the 'must have' expansion packs?

And is it ok with Windows 7?