Who are on their way out?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whose career can you see sliding in the next year or two?

And who would you like to see the back of? Is it very realistic?

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Justin B, One Direction and all those records with DJs Featuring another artist were on their way out but that is probably wishful thinking?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I wish Justin B, One Direction and all those records with DJs Featuring another artist were on their way out but that is probably wishful thinking?

Justin Bieber is going nowhere, some would say unfortunately, he has definitely changed opinion at least of his music with 'Believe' and unless something radical happens to 1D, they will be around until their egos can no longer be contained within a group..

Beautiful Cause You Love Me has ruined any chance of a Girls Aloud studio album I think.. If so pretty sad that their final single didn't even make the top 90.. JLS could go this year I think, almost definitely within the next two
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS will disband or at the least take an extended break by the end of the year!
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    MrRen wrote: »
    JLS will disband or at the least take an extended break by the end of the year!
    Disband preferably!
  • EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    If the lack of interest and whopping reduction in ticket prices is anything to go by, I'd say Caca will fall to earth with an almighty bang when "Fartpoop" flops.
    After that, she'll probably start work and hype up the next album 6 months in advance and by then she'll be taking her last gasps to remain relevant, That will be when the public will finally put her out of her misery once and for all. Can't wait.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Example, JLS, Pixie Lott, Stooshe, The Wanted, Misha B, Professor Green, The Saturdays, Cover Drive, Alexandra Burke, Lawson, Amelia Lily, N-Dubz (group and solo careers), Girls Aloud, McFly.

They're just my predictions, but I can't imagine many of them having top ten hits in five years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    David Guetta for sure and Calvin Harris will soon follow. SHM are going to take their place. All "hot" producers peak too fast and before they know it they'll be in Timbaland's position. The same applies to Red One who has already been slipping. Also, Ke$ha will become a US singles artist. International appeal and album sales are out of the picture for now.

Moreover, I can definitely see Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Mariah Carey and Lady GaGa having trouble with their comebacks. None of them will completely fade, but they won't match their past successes because all of them are confused about their position in the industry and the audience they should be catering to. Nicki thinks she can go back to hip hop, Shakira thinks she needs to do radio pop, Mariah Carey thinks she can make 'Emancipation' 2.0. and Lady GaGa named her album 'ArtPop' (enough said! :o)
    Justin Bieber is going nowhere, some would say unfortunately, he has definitely changed opinion at least of his music with 'Believe'
    LOL! Is this sarcasm?
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Example, JLS, Pixie Lott, Stooshe, The Wanted, Misha B, Professor Green, The Saturdays, Cover Drive, Alexandra Burke, Lawson, Amelia Lily, N-Dubz (group and solo careers), Girls Aloud, McFly.

They're just my predictions, but I can't imagine many of them having top ten hits in five years time.

I agree with all the above and I'd add Rita Ora. I just don't see her sticking around regardless of how much Roc Nation try to make her happen. I also think if Jessie J didn't have The Voice, she'd fade away quite quickly.

I can't see Leona Lewis carrying on much longer and I also think that Shane Ward will try and release a single off the back of his stint on this year's Dancing on Ice but it'll flop horribly.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They will go on 'hiatus' again, but they won't be gone for that long.;)

I agree with the rest though.
  • ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAGA. The majority of people just dont give a shit anymore
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    ScouseBird wrote: »
    Yes, the novelty has worn off.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Bieber and One Direction to fade away slowly this year. Then the likes of twitter would be a happier place.
  • ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    David Guetta for sure and Calvin Harris will soon follow. SHM are going to take their place. All "hot" producers peak too fast and before they know it they'll be in Timbaland's position. The same applies to Red One who has already been slipping. Also, Ke$ha will become a US singles artist. International appeal and album sales are out of the picture for now.

Moreover, I can definitely see Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Mariah Carey and Lady GaGa having trouble with their comebacks. None of them will completely fade, but they won't match their past successes because all of them are confused about their position in the industry and the audience they should be catering to. Nicki thinks she can go back to hip hop, Shakira thinks she needs to do radio pop, Mariah Carey thinks she can make 'Emancipation' 2.0. and Lady GaGa named her album 'ArtPop' (enough said! :o)

LOL! Is this sarcasm?

SHM have split up! Or do you mean individually?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    SHM have split up! Or do you mean individually?
    Individually. That's if their solo productions are as good as the band's work, but I'm assuming they will :cool:
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, the novelty has worn off.

Gaga isn't going anywhere.

She has a huge fanbase who is willing to buy her music and go to her tours. Worst case scenario and her new stuff is crap wouldn't matter as she's definitely got a few more albums left in her based on her fans support alone. :cool:

She hasn't released new material for almost two years now so it's no wonder that the interest in her hasn't been huge recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Example and Professor Green have been making music for years, well before their commercial stuff so I don't think they'll ever "dissapear". They'll probably have the occasional big hits for years to come.

The Wanted will inevitably split and I don't think Lawson will stick around (they've been a huge flop). Girls Aloud haven't even confirmed another album and McFly have been going for about 10 years so I think it's obvious they'll slow things down a bit now. Cover Drive will probably dissapear unfortunately, unless their second album is a hit and people have been saying The Saturdays are going to split/be dropped since 2009. :p
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    and people have been saying The Saturdays are going to split/be dropped since 2009. :p

And they're having their go at cracking America with their first headline performance in two weeks!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Gaga is dunzo! Flop This Way only sold 940,000 copies in the UK, 7 million worldwide, and was only the second biggest selling album of its year behind one of the biggest albums of all time! GOSH! The Bubble Dress has been popped, the Meat Dress has spoiled, the Hair Bow has unravelled, FLOPGA is so done!! Her current sold-out world stadium tour is ONLY one of the highest grossing in the history of existence!! FLOP!!!! No one cares Flopga!!

Meanwhile, of course, all of your bottom-of-the-food-chain, microscopic planktonesque subatomic certified-triple-polyurethane faves are on the fast track to superstardom?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

ARTPOP IS COMING.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Yeah, Gaga is dunzo! Flop This Way only sold 940,000 copies in the UK, 7 million worldwide, and was only the second biggest selling album of its year behind one of the biggest albums of all time! GOSH! The Bubble Dress has been popped, the Meat Dress has spoiled, the Hair Bow has unravelled, FLOPGA is so done!! Her current sold-out world stadium tour is ONLY one of the highest grossing in the history of existence!! FLOP!!!! No one cares Flopga!!

Meanwhile, of course, all of your bottom-of-the-food-chain, microscopic planktonesque subatomic certified-triple-polyurethane faves are on the fast track to superstardom?

ARTPOP IS COMING.

I have no words. This post is... flawless. :D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    LOL! Is this sarcasm?

Nope, I just believe he has! Most of his critics rarely comment on his music just about his looks, attitude and clothing choices anyway.. I should also probably have mentioned that unless a lot of the teenage girl population evaporate shortly, he isn't going anywhere

I disagree with The Wanted and Nicki Minaj too.. I think all of TW know their market/fans and that market/fans love them within a group, they are onto a good deal and they know it.. Minaj just needs to decide whether she is pop or rap or certainly not combine the two on an album, put two albums out if she absolutely must
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Lady Gaga fan but saying she's going to flop? That's wishful thinking and willful ignorance come on. She has a huge fanbase and she's capable of bringing out decent music.
  • EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    rombod wrote: »

ARTPOP IS COMING.

I do love how the "Born Reductive" album escalates to ridiculously high figures within each passing day.:rolleyes:
    As of may 2012, BTW was at 5 million. Yet, sales have apparently rocketed up another 2 million in the last 7/8 months. That would be quite an achievment, if she was Adele. Oops...Sorry, did that burn?

Anyway, despite your claims of Gaga selling...ahem...7 Million, Tee hee!....that's rather embarrassing considering commercial slots in American radio were bought to play its lead single every hour on its release date, that coincided with the 2011 Grammy’s weekend (strategic promo and marketing).

Interviews for the biggest talk-shows in the US: Leno, Letterman, Ellen Degeneres, Oprah (plus other European shows).

High-profile performances on every big award show: Grammy’s, VMA’s, Much Music Awards, EMA’s.

High-profile performances on BBC Radio 1 weekend, Children in Need and a bunch of other European shows.

Multiple performances on American television: Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres (twice in 2011 - once Judas, the other Marry the Night).

On top of all that let's not forget how that monstrosity sold her album for 99c on Amazon and BEGGED fans to buy it on Twitter.

BORN THIS WAY received more promotion than any other album in history, and yet, it only sold 60% of the 8+ million copies shipped worldwide.

REDUCTIVE ALBUM.

REDUCTIVE SALES.

REDUCTIVE SINGER.

Yay for "Artplop"!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Oh my God, the sheer thirst in that post! Hahahahaha. I am laughing at you. Hahahahaha. Your desperation and lies are so funny. Hahahahaha. I didn't even read any of it.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona if not done already fail to see how she can pull it back.
    The saturdays take their last gasps fail in America a GH then bye bye girlies.
    JLS been outdone and replaced.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    and people have been saying The Saturdays are going to split/be dropped since 2009. :p

Oh I know. But I've never thought The Saturdays would be dropped. I just think they might call it a day if it doesn't work out in America. They still seem like a strong group though, so maybe not.