The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Human123 wrote: »
    I expect this has been covered but is there any chance of a fourth film by the same director or will it be rebooted again?

I would love to see the riddler in there at one point but doesnt look likely if this is the final one.

As things are now, Nolan and Bale are finishing up after this film. Thats not to say they won't change their minds but as of now, NO.

There is to be a reboot after TDKR. When I say reboot, it may well continue or go in another direction, but it won't be the same cast or story arc !

I would also liked to have seen what Nolan could have done with the Ridler, but he can't do them all !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Human123 wrote: »
    I expect this has been covered but is there any chance of a fourth film by the same director or will it be rebooted again?

I would love to see the riddler in there at one point but doesnt look likely if this is the final one.

Pretty much a week after they announced rises someone from Warner Brothers said that they are already looking at the rebooting batman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically they are rebooting Batman after The Dark Knight Rises and are doing a big Justice League film (DC's version of Marvel's Avengers) so expect a shiteload more of Superhero films on top of what there is at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the trailer. Looks good! Wish they had more though. :(
    Forum Member
    drakephil wrote: »
    Saw the trailer. Looks good! Wish they had more though. :(

Did you think it was sort of a 'tease' ??
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they kept the tone of these new films but with a different actor playing Batman and as good a director as Nolan in charge, there's no reason why the series couldn't continue as is and let us see different, more serious and reality based interpretations of some of the biggest villains from the Batman universe. The Riddler would be great as said before.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    If they kept the tone of these new films but with a different actor playing Batman and as good a director as Nolan in charge, there's no reason why the series couldn't continue as is and let us see different, more serious and reality based interpretations of some of the biggest villains from the Batman universe. The Riddler would be great as said before.

Unless Nolan decides to kill Bruce Wayne off in TDKR, just to make sure no-one else can play with his baby.
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Unless Nolan decides to kill Bruce Wayne off in TDKR, just to make sure no-one else can play with his baby.

See, my theory is that Bane will break his back, like in the comics, and then they will continue the series with Batman of the Future ....

Thats my prediction anyway !
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    See, my theory is that Bane will break his back, like in the comics, and then they will continue the series with Batman of the Future ....

Thats my prediction anyway !

Yes, I could definitely see that happening. I didn't want to mention the back thing, though, as it could be taken as a potential spolier if Nolan decides to follow the comics.
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Yes, I could definitely see that happening. I didn't want to mention the back thing, though, as it could be taken as a potential spolier if Nolan decides to follow the comics.

OOPS ..... well I can assure everyone here that I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet ...... so there's a possibility, just a slight possibility, that I could be full of crap ...
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My own wild theory is that Bruce Wayne dies and that Joseph Gordon Levitt takes over as Batman at the end.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    My own wild theory is that Bruce Wayne dies and that Joseph Gordon Levitt takes over as Batman at the end.

I don't think he'll die. Like others have said, there's more chance he'll be seriously injured and can't continue as Batman. In the comics Bane breaks Batman's back.

I think it would be great if JGL played a character that carried on Batman's work...but as Robin!!
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I like Tom Hardy but I'm not excited about Bane as the new big villain TBH (also can't get the hideous Batman and Robin one out of my brain); I think it's because The Joker and Two-Face will be hard to top and are more memorable; but who knows, I may be surprised. :)
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I doubt they'll kill off Bruce Wayne but if it follows the Knightfall story line then people who read knows what happens :)

There is no mention of Jean-Paul Valley so far who became Batman for a short while until Nightwing/Dick Grayson took over.

In September DC Comics are rebooting their entire universe with all new stories and everything is beginning with No 1 issues again so future movies will always be possible :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Hmmm, I like Tom Hardy but I'm not excited about Bane as the new big villain TBH (also can't get the hideous Batman and Robin one out of my brain); I think it's because The Joker and Two-Face will be hard to top and are more memorable; but who knows, I may be surprised. :)

I'm not keen on Bane either. I'd have rather have a villain who hasn't been seen in any of the Batman movies yet, like Hugo Strange or Hush.

However I trust that Nolan knows what he's doing
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on Bane either. I'd have rather have a villain who hasn't been seen in any of the Batman movies yet, like Hugo Strange or Hush.

However I trust that Nolan knows what he's doing

Bane makes sense as he is able to match Batman both mentally and physically, I don't think he has been in live action movie yet as a nemesis :).

The Joker could match Batman mentally even if he is psychotic but never had the physical prowess to take Bats on in a fight so with Bane he will face most challenging opponent to date.

Nolan has delivered so far and I'm sure he'll do so again :D
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Bane makes sense as he is able to match Batman both mentally and physically, I don't think he has been in live action movie yet as a nemesis :).

Was in Batman and Robin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEOMGcYmEc
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »

Yep but it wasn't anywhere close to the comic character ;).

Nolan will do do things right.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a picture from the metro of Tom Hardy shooting a scene as Bane, presumably taken by a local resident. If you want to avoid spoilers then don't read the story as it gives a couple of small things away.

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/870928-the-dark-knight-rises-tom-hardy-shoots-new-batman-scenes-as-bane
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any doubts that Nolan will mess this up are a bit silly to be honest. When was his last bad film? This film is going to be immense.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone else prefer the gotham sets in begins to the real city used in dark knight? just seemed darker and more batman esque with the orangy skies and rain,lots of rain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    anyone else prefer the gotham sets in begins to the real city used in dark knight? just seemed darker and more batman esque with the orangy skies and rain,lots of rain.

Completely agree as much as I love BB and TDK to me they really don't look the same, the city looks SO different from the dark and somewhat claustraphobic feel in BB to a much much much more standard American City-like look in TDK.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree as much as I love BB and TDK to me they really don't look the same, the city looks SO different from the dark and somewhat claustraphobic feel in BB to a much much much more standard American City-like look in TDK.

yeh thats a good way to word it, pittsburgh is being used for TDKR so expect it to be a big normal city again :(