Satellite EPG Does Not Update Properly

I have just got a Sony KDL-55W905A. In general its a great TV but it has a problem with the on-board satellite tuner EPG which doesn't update properly. If I switch to the satellite tuner and look at the EPG it has no programme info. If I view a station it initially says there is no programme info and then after a moment it displays the station OK. If I then go back to the EPG there is programme info for that station and usually another dozen or so adjacent stations but only for the next couple of programmes, not a week or so.

I can do this all through the EPG and each time I view a station a couple of pages of the adjacent stations on the EPG get filled in for the next programme or 2. After an hour or 2 when those programmes have elapsed the EPG is blank again but it can always be refreshed as above.

I've tried rescanning the satellites and it finds hundreds of channels but the EPG never has any programme info. Any ideas?

Comments

• AnjomoAnjomo Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I have the same set, but both my dish cables are going into the Sky box so I can't test for you unfortunately. I don't think it has a freesat EPG though, only a freeview one.
    I can't find anything definite to confirm that other than posts like this,http://www.avforums.com/forums/19307797-post399.html
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As above.
    Looking at reviews most mention the satellite DVB-S2 tuner but not Freesat.
    Even the spec given on the Sony website is ambiguous only stating
    DVB-T (digital terrestrial)
    DVB-T2 (digital terrestrial)
    DVB-S (digital satellite)
    DVB-S2 (digital satellite)
    DVB-C (digital cable)

So, I think it's safe to assume that it doesn't have a Freesat tuner and therefore only 'Now and Next' information will be shown on the satellite EPG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Oh well - thanks for that anyway. :(

Doesn't really matter very much because I use the Sky+ box anyway, just thought that I'd try it out as I have a spare feed from the dish. It recognises lots of channels including a great many that aren't on Sky or FreeSat but whether any of them are worth watching is another matter.