Where is Bessie?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
Forum Member
Got my copy of "The Ambassadors of Death" yesterday, am 2 eps in and really enjoying it so far:). It got me wondering if anyone knows where the Doctors little yellow car, Bessie is now? Last time it was in the series was in "Battlefield",would be great to see Matt Smith driving it sometime during the 50th anniversary.

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably failed its MOT and got scrapped.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I think 11 would look brilliant with Bessie, especially with his tweed jacket.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd imagine she's still in the possesion of UNIT
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuartjk wrote: »
    would be great to see Matt Smith driving it sometime during the 50th anniversary.

That's a lovely idea! And, as davrosdodebird has said, Matt would look great in Bessie :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    brouhaha wrote: »
    That's a lovely idea! And, as davrosdodebird has said, Matt would look great in Bessie :)

"I drive a little yellow car now, little yellow cars are cool"
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's in Blackpool:-

http://www.drwhoexhibitions.co.uk/WorldofDrWho.htm

Saw it last year outside the modern Dr Exhibition :)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going back 10 years there was a Bessie outside the Doctor Who Exhibition that was in Llangollen in North Wales. I assume it was the original, by above post it's moved since then!:D

In TV Terms, though, I agree that UNIT must still have it, as it must be their property still. After all, they must have splashed out for it as The Doctor was unpaid when he was their adviser.

Also agree it would be great to see her back in the 50th Anniversary, along with the Whomobile as well if that's physically possible!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Well I hope he completed the SORN form for the DVLA before he left it
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    What happened to Bessie in the TV show, did she just disappear?
    HeadLouse wrote: »
    Well I hope he completed the SORN form for the DVLA before he left it

Psychic paper ;)
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    It would be wonderful if the Doctor came across Bessie one day in a UNIT storage shed.
    Not the Whomobile though, never that please!
  • thatjonesboythatjonesboy Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    It would be wonderful if the Doctor came across Bessie one day in a UNIT storage shed.

There is a bessie in the new dr who experience in Cardiff, not sure if its the orginal.
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »

The Whomobile was great! They hardly ever used it, but it just fitted into the Pertwee era ethos of using any and every means of transport available. Our hero used motorbikes, auto-gyros, hovercraft, roadsters, jeeps, lorries, helicopters, planes... loved it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    The Whomobile was great! They hardly ever used it, but it just fitted into the Pertwee era ethos of using any and every means of transport available. Our hero used motorbikes, auto-gyros, hovercraft, roadsters, jeeps, lorries, helicopters, planes... loved it!

Did he ever run?;):D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I always felt that they missed an opportunity to bring old Bessie out in The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky. Bessie the only vehicle not fitted with ATMOS. :D

But as others have said, Matt would look great bombing around in her.
  • swadeyswadey Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    It was supercharged and had great traction (ok, ok, so they just shot those scenes on fast-forward !),

I guess it fell to bits.

I know the WhoMobile was personally acquired by Jon Pertwee either for free, or a nominal sum. Pertwee later sold it to a private collector.

Pertwee always said he gave it away, for free. Tho' the private collector does say he paid a hefty sum for it :)
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swadey wrote: »
    Pertwee always said he gave it away, for free. Tho' the private collector does say he paid a hefty sum for it :)

Delivery fee. :D
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    I always felt that they missed an opportunity to bring old Bessie out in The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky. Bessie the only vehicle not fitted with ATMOS. :D

But as others have said, Matt would look great bombing around in her.

I was furious with Colnel Mace -- "according to the records you travel by Tardis"

You lier :cry::mad::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :pOh yeah and sarah's raincoat in "Five drs" legend ! ax i had one at 11!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I was thinking about Bessie in The Power of Three. It would have been an ideal opportunity to bring the car back and it would suit Matt Smith perfectly.

"Dad said you'd want this." That's how they could have brought it back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think that the Doctor 'materialised' around it and Bessie is safely stored in a TARDIS store room somewhere...
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Can I ask again, what happened when Bessie was last in the show? Was she left somewhere or just suddenly not there anymore?
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    dsrichard wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was thinking about Bessie in The Power of Three. It would have been an ideal opportunity to bring the car back and it would suit Matt Smith perfectly.

"Dad said you'd want this." That's how they could have brought it back.

...or he could have gifted her to Rory instead of that E-type (which we never saw again).
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think that the Doctor 'materialised' around it and Bessie is safely stored in a TARDIS store room somewhere...

He's probably got a Top Gear style race track in the TARDIS somewhere. In fact... I know he has a velodrome. In TATM River told him there was only enough room in the TARDIS for the one cycle path.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    He's probably got a Top Gear style race track in the TARDIS somewhere. In fact... I know he has a velodrome. In TATM River told him there was only enough room in the TARDIS for the one cycle path.

*Groan* :eek: :D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek::eek::eek::D