***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 5 last night - another good episode. Got to say Grimm is maintaining the quality this season :)

Monroe was in absolutely fine form last night and most of the humour was around him :D

And the bodies just keep stacking up around Nick:eek:

Juliet seems to be warming to Nick.which is nice. But Captain Renard seems to be developing feeling for her because of the kiss....That could get messy!!

Going to spoil this bit because it relates to the trailer for next week and gives away a lot
    Next week looks FANTASTIC - Juliet remembering Nick but Monroe forgetting:eek: And Adelade is back:D
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that episode. It's turned into a show I have to tune into every week.

Not sure about the above spoiler tag, just watched the trailer as well, not sure if I like it, but I'll find out I guess.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode!! I'm really enjoying this season!

Next episode looks great. :D
    Anyone see a relationship between Juliette and Renard in the making? I had a slight feeling something would happen between them since he woke her up. Maybe it's just me though. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode!! I'm really enjoying this season!

Next episode looks great. :D
    Anyone see a relationship between Juliette and Renard in the making? I had a slight feeling something would happen between them since he woke her up. Maybe it's just me though. :p

If you read my posts in this thread.........;)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read my posts in this thread.........;)

Opps! I read your post last night but must've missed that part. Ekk! Sorry:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grimm is definitely on brilliant form, I'm so glad it's back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the newest ep :) Whens it back on Watch? My dad keeps asking whats happning as he wont watch online.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Loved the newest ep :) Whens it back on Watch? My dad keeps asking whats happning as he wont watch online.

I've loosely heard Oct 22nd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And another good episode :)

Of late it makes a refreshing change when you can say all episodes so far in a series have been good/great. So many series have had a dramatic downturn in quality or are very hit and miss. Of the ones that are good - they get cancelled!!!

So this week - my only disappointment was that the promo from last week seems to relate as much to next week as this so
    Adelade wasn't in it :(

But Angela back!! And she was brilliant :) I'm not a big fan of Roselea (though think she is a good character) as I find her rather dull & insipid. SO having Angela back to bring out the wolf in Monroe was a treat:D She might be a multiple murderer, but she has attitude:D Hell - she even dies with attitude 'Damn;:D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish someone would do a series with Jaime Ray Newman and Kathleen Munroe as main cast members.
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. Upset with Angelina's character though, she was the only tough female character with a big/cocky attitude. Grimm as a show needed that. There was much more they could've done with her.
    The Royals storyline is interesting, can't wait to find out more about it. And Capt. Renard need more screen time!!
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    Great episode. Upset with Angelina's character though, she was the only tough female character with a big/cocky attitude. Grimm as a show needed that. There was much more they could've done with her.

Couldn't agree more! The trouble with the "Good guys" in Grimm, is that they're all so nice. A good(ish) character with an edge would really benefit the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more! The trouble with the "Good guys" in Grimm, is that they're all so nice. A good(ish) character with an edge would really benefit the show.

I don't know:D

The bodies are piling up around Nick at an alarming rate.:eek:
    Hank was a complete plank when under Adelade's spell, has three ex wives and seems a little too keen to cover up for Nick.
    Wu has quite a cutting tongue (is he even in it any more?)

And Monroe is one bacon sandwich away from mass murderer:D

I think the captain fits your criteria though - if he turns out to be a good guy of course. So far he seems to be a good police captain and has had Nick's back though his motives are very questionable.

But, yeah. Juliet and Roselea are a little too nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree this is one of the better series on TV at the moment.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    I don't know:D

The bodies are piling up around Nick at an alarming rate.:eek:
    Hank was a complete plank when under Adelade's spell, has three ex wives and seems a little too keen to cover up for Nick.
    Wu has quite a cutting tongue (is he even in it any more?)

And Monroe is one bacon sandwich away from mass murderer:D

I think the captain fits your criteria though - if he turns out to be a good guy of course. So far he seems to be a good police captain and has had Nick's back though his motives are very questionable.

But, yeah. Juliet and Roselea are a little too nice.

Well, when you put it like that. They do sound like a bunch of twonks :D

I think the Captain is like Nick, both are breaking the mould of their Grimm/Royal roles, but I don't think he's good (yet).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another solid episode though perhaps the weakest of the series.

It was pretty obvious it was the little girl not her dad pretty much from the start. And Monroe making a mistake in the spice shop? Obvious comedy opportunity.

But there were some really nice moments - referring back to the Ogre & Hank. Nick and Juliette - the dream was well played. Not enough Adeline but at least she was in it :D Juliette and the captain could get interesting.

I hope there is a slight shift towards the arc stories next week. Grimm does monster of the week really well, but we've had a few on the trot now.
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or do Juliette/Renard have way more chemistry than Juliette/Nick..
    The latest episode was okay, not enough Monroe. +The little girl was creepy, what was she smiling to herself about at the end of the ep?

(BTW Mr David Greenwalt, It's season 2 now so less monster of week episodes please!!)
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Another great episode though agree not enough Monroe & Rosalee. Was trying to rack my brain where i'd seen the actor who played Bill Granger before, then i remembered he was Joshua in No Ordinary Family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    Is it me or do Juliette/Renard have way more chemistry than Juliette/Nick..
    The latest episode was okay, not enough Monroe. +The little girl was creepy, what was she smiling to herself about at the end of the ep?

(BTW Mr David Greenwalt, It's season 2 now so less monster of week episodes please!!)

Ask and Ye shall get:D

OK, we do get monster of the week - but in a two for one type deal - I know I was half asleep this morning when I watched it but even though they sign posted it with the 'mom is a prize winning geneticist' - I didn't twig lol. I thought Mum had a boyfriend or it was the lad we don't see much of. Feel a bit daft now as it was obvious:D

But the Captain & Julliette is moving on a pace - liking Monroe being involved now. How long before he twigs it is the captain & mentions it to Nick?

And then we get Adelind & Eric!! So two for one on the 'arcs' as well!!

So Captain Renard is half Hexenbeast!:eek:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Captain Renard is half Hexenbeast!:eek:

That was revealed last season.

Thought Pierce was the killer early on but then thought that they would not do "Parent covers up their child killing people" two weeks running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    That was revealed last season.

Thought Pierce was the killer early on but then thought that they would not do "Parent covers up their child killing people" two weeks running.

Ooops = I missed that lol:D
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member

what episode was that revealed in because i missed it too.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jette52 wrote: »
    what episode was that revealed in because i missed it too.
    I made a mistake it was actually Episode 2 of this season.

You see him transform into a Semi Hexenbeast before he drinks the Purification Potion.

For some reason I was remembering Juliet waking up as being the final scene of last season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I made a mistake it was actually Episode 2 of this season.

You see him transform into a Semi Hexenbeast before he drinks the Purification Potion.

For some reason I was remembering Juliet waking up as being the final scene of last season

Ahhh - Yeah, I wasn't sure at that point he was hexenbeast - they weren't explicit and while he did look a bit hexenbeastie, it could have been something new.

But I see what you are saying and in hindsight, I should have perhaps made that connection.:)
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh - Yeah, I wasn't sure at that point he was hexenbeast - they weren't explicit and while he did look a bit hexenbeastie, it could have been something new.

But I see what you are saying and in hindsight, I should have perhaps made that connection.:)

Named Renard I always thought he was some kind of fox - later revealed to be fuchsbau. It was a bit of a surprise he wasn't.