Boy George looks great!

1235»

Comments

• BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    He did a song with Mark Ronson a couple of years back. I thought his voice still sounded good.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting some real homophobic abuse from little girls now. I'm in my late 30s so a lot of these little girls are born to parents of my generation. How sad that they didn't drill it into their heads that it's not ok to call someone a fagg*t. I thought we'd brought them up better than that.

It's the ruddy misogonist and homophobic rap culture that is prevalent these days - I hate the fact my husband refers to rubbish as 'gay' which he's got from South Park - he doesn't see how toxic that is. You're right it's really depressing.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the Boy George and Liam Payne twitter spat, with all the little One D tweeniepots rushing to defend Liam, as usual, thought they weren't there. It was probably just crossed wires in the melee of afterparties and drunken shouting. I'm not taking sides because I dunno what went on.

Basically Boy George and Liam should start going out. As long as Liam doesn't mind being chained to radiators every so often they'd do rather nicely I think.

It would raise Liam's profile loads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting some real homophobic abuse from little girls now. I'm in my late 30s so a lot of these little girls are born to parents of my generation. How sad that they didn't drill it into their heads that it's not ok to call someone a fagg*t. I thought we'd brought them up better than that.

the tweets to him calling him a paedo, about being gay, wearing makeup, death threats etc are pathetic and sad in this day and age

and Liam's tweet dissing George's appearance is no doubt egging them on in their pathetic views

1D are becomming way too full of themselves ... I see Liam's at it again today

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l4bkcd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewExample wrote: »
    Yes they have! He must've been getting hundreds of tweets, as he asked to be left alone, his niece (who he took to the BRITs) wanted a picture with One Direction, and Liam refused, but Harry obliged. George tweeted support of Harry and his lack of support for Liam's rudeness. I agree, they are nasty trolls, in the same league as Lady Gaga's 'Little Monsters'.
    I watched his Alan Carr Chatty Man interview on 4Music the other day (a repeat) an he was talking about prison and the good it did to him, he also said he didn't go in the showers for a week until he'd chiseled the black nail varnish off his toenails he'd forgot about! He is a true star, and he's pulled it all back together, I just wish MJ could've done the same. :)

He IS a true star. As for Liam, he needs a good slap round the legs!! Silly child.
    diamond1 wrote: »
    yes I thought that ... the personal jibes and patronising tone from a kid who has little talent and is a product of clever marketing to a 50 year old pop icon is very disrespectful and shows immaturity and a sense of ego/self importance ... at least george's style has always been his own and not a creation of puppet masters

I wonder if Liam will be making music in his 50's & have a successful West End show about his life

a couple of 1D seem to have let fame go to their heads

Great post :)

They're just getting desperate now, stooping to any level to get back at George and he's way too intelligent for them. They really are a sorry bunch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Boy George could sing back in the eighties. One Direction can't sing. One nil to Boy George.

To be fair, Liam Payne can sing. He's the Mark Feehilly of 1D, the only one who can really sing.

However he's only had his manufactured fame for 5 minutes, so taking the piss out of someone who's been around for decades is very dickish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They'll use whatever it takes. If it was a woman they'd be calling her a **** and a ****, and saying disgusting things about the supposed state of her vagina (as happened to Selena Gomez when she started seeing Beiber), if it was a black person who offended Liam the 'n' word would be employed. Their need to white knight for One Direction takes precedence over anything else. It's very pathetic.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    1D fans does scared me. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    1D fans does scared me. :/

They wouldn't if they met you singularly in the street . They wouldn't dare say boo to a goose.

George only wanted a picture of 1 Direction with his niece too. Harry agreed apparently, but Liam refused and walked off. Now he's verbally abusing George as he doesn't like being called up on it. In another couple of years time, no one's gonna give a toss who Liam doo-da is but we'll still be talking about George.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    They'll use whatever it takes. If it was a woman they'd be calling her a **** and a ****, and saying disgusting things about the supposed state of her vagina (as happened to Selena Gomez when she started seeing Beiber), if it was a black person who offended Liam the 'n' word would be employed. Their need to white knight for One Direction takes precedence over anything else. It's very pathetic.

And disturbing - you want to defend your fav group but to un-PC insult anyone who doesn't share your rose tinted view of them is beyond the pale. Some needs to teach these girls respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    However he's only had his manufactured fame for 5 minutes, so taking the piss out of someone who's been around for decades is very dickish.

Well said.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These type of feuds is what turned me completely off of Boy George. He wants to play the victim and say the 1D fans are so awful and they are immature, but George takes no responsibility for the fact that he started the whole feud. They wouldn't be attacking him if he hadn't tweeted something negative about Liam in the first place complaining about him not signing for his niece using bad language. George has kept this whole twitter feud alive by continuing to respond to the 1D fans using the same bad language they do. Yes, they are immature and stupid, but George is a 50 year old man. He should rise above it and be more mature. But George likes feuds and likes attention. He eggs them on and encourages them.
    I don't buy the new George that he is humble and a changed man. It's all hype. This whole feud is back to his old pattern of picking fights with other celebrities to get attention. If he had really changed, he'd be focusing on finishing and releasing a new album, not continuing this silly feud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He IS a true star. As for Liam, he needs a good slap round the legs!! Silly child.

Great post :)

They're just getting desperate now, stooping to any level to get back at George and he's way too intelligent for them. They really are a sorry bunch.

If George were really a star, he'd release a new album like he has promised. If George were really intelligent, he'd ignore the 1D fans instead of responding to them on twitter thereby egging them on. George is just as sorry as they are using this feud for attention. A lot of Boy George fans worship his over the top bitchy personality that gets into these feuds. I used to be a fan, but his whole personality turns me off. I'd wish he'd focus on his music instead of this nonsense.
    Plus, the whole thing is very hypocritical on George's part because he has often turned down fans' request for autographs and shouted abuse at them for asking. He's in no position to criticize someone for doing the same thing he does all the time.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    If George were really a star, he'd release a new album like he has promised. If George were really intelligent, he'd ignore the 1D fans instead of responding to them on twitter thereby egging them on. George is just as sorry as they are using this feud for attention. A lot of Boy George fans worship his over the top bitchy personality that gets into these feuds. I used to be a fan, but his whole personality turns me off. I'd wish he'd focus on his music instead of this nonsense.
    Plus, the whole thing is very hypocritical on George's part because he has often turned down fans' request for autographs and shouted abuse at them for asking. He's in no position to criticize someone for doing the same thing he does all the time.

Hi Gigi4 :)

I hope you don't mind me asking you this but I have wondered if there was one particular thing that happened which has made you so critical of George. Your posts always seem quite angry...............and I'm a nosey devil.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Gigi4 :)

I hope you don't mind me asking you this but I have wondered if there was one particular thing that happened which has made you so critical of George. Your posts always seem quite angry...............and I'm a nosey devil.:o

It's not one thing. It's a combination of many things. It's just his overall personality of attacking other people like Madonna, George Michael, the other members of Culture Club. Not to mention he committed a violent crime against another human being which he has never shown any remorse for. Plus, he endlessly promises his fans all these great albums but he never releases them and breaks his promises. George has done a lot of questionable things, but everyone lets him off the hook. Look on this forum at how other celebrities are criticized like Madonna and George Michael. But BG is always let off the hook. People criticize Madonna constantly, but it's accepted. They aren't called out as called angry as you just did about my comments about George.
    Also, why am I the angry one? George is a very angry bitter person. Just follow him on twitter and you will see what I"m talking about. I think a lot of people see George through rose coloured glasses, but I don't. Actually, if you go to one of his websites, you will see a lot of his fans have the same complaints as I do. But I think a lot of people are scared of the wrath of George. He surfs the Internet and he will send bullying messages to anyone that dares criticize him. He will block people on twitter for the silliest of reasons. I'm not a hateful person at all. If you look at my posts on here, you will see I hardly ever criticize other celebrities or various musical artists. Trust me, if I'm angry at George, I have many valid reasons. He's not the saint a lot of his deluded fans think he is.
    You may not follow him that closely, but if you do, I think you know everyone I say about him is true.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. he looks really well, and so young considering he looked about 65 when he was fat.

If only he'd smile, though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a very jealous, bitchy and insecure person, he always has been..and he has an aggressive nasty streak (he went to jail for a reason) he also bitched about Prince non stop in the 80s too, and probably still does.

There is actually a video of him and Marilyn probably off their heads on something from 1986 and he said Prince was only world famous/made it in the 1980s because of him! as he Boy George paved the way for him because Prince dressed a certain way and he started off the gender bender androgeny thing..em no that what Bowie in the 70's. Prince although wore make up but everyone did in the 80s even bloody rock groups wore it. It really peed me off, especially as Prince had been releasing albums since the late 70's but then became huge and crossed over thanks to MTV and his 1999 album.

George is so full of himself, its unreal. I watched the Blitz kids documentary about the infamous club they all went to before George/the new romantic groups got famous and George just sat like a big fat fishwife bitching about everyone! he never stops about Marilyn, poor Marilyn who was so beautiful back in the day..he had the looks George wanted and he is still seething over it, even though the man lost his looks George still bitches about him. I bet he watched that documentary and went nuts because Marilyn got a fair bit of attention in it.

I just can't watch him being interviewed he is so catty and up himself, he also does this fake laugh thing which is so annoying. Also to me he seems very dishonest, you can tell he is a compulsive liar. I would not believe anything he said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    He is a very jealous, bitchy and insecure person, he always has been..and he has an aggressive nasty streak (he went to jail for a reason) he also bitched about Prince non stop in the 80s too, and probably still does.

There is actually a video of him and Marilyn probably off their heads on something from 1986 and he said Prince was only world famous/made it in the 1980s because of him! as he Boy George paved the way for him because Prince dressed a certain way and he started off the gender bender androgeny thing..em no that what Bowie in the 70's. Prince although wore make up but everyone did in the 80s even bloody rock groups wore it. It really peed me off, especially as Prince had been releasing albums since the late 70's but then became huge and crossed over thanks to MTV and his 1999 album.

George is so full of himself, its unreal. I watched the Blitz kids documentary about the infamous club they all went to before George/the new romantic groups got famous and George just sat like a big fat fishwife bitching about everyone! he never stops about Marilyn, poor Marilyn who was so beautiful back in the day..he had the looks George wanted and he is still seething over it, even though the man lost his looks George still bitches about him. I bet he watched that documentary and went nuts because Marilyn got a fair bit of attention in it.

I just can't watch him being interviewed he is so catty and up himself, he also does this fake laugh thing which is so annoying. Also to me he seems very dishonest, you can tell he is a compulsive liar. I would not believe anything he said.

Fake laugh?? And how can you tell if he's a compulsive liar, even now he's been clean for 5 years? You have to remember he spent a good few years on drugs, and drug addicts do lie.

You're talking about George in the past, and the whole Marilyn thing is in the past too. Him and Marilyn are good friends again now.

George has always been lovely but his natural niceness and ability to be loving and caring got lost in a mire of drugs, anger and bitterness. He's changed a lot since prison; As a fan, I never wanted to see him go down but it did him good, and he's changed for the better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake laugh?? And how can you tell if he's a compulsive liar, even now he's been clean for 5 years? You have to remember he spent a good few years on drugs, and drug addicts do lie.

You're talking about George in the past, and the whole Marilyn thing is in the past too. Him and Marilyn are good friends again now.

George has always been lovely but his natural niceness and ability to be loving and caring got lost in a mire of drugs, anger and bitterness. He's changed a lot since prison; As a fan, I never wanted to see him go down but it did him good, and he's changed for the better.
    According to some people he is back on drugs again..also he was fighting with Marilyn on Twitter the other day.
    Yeah he does have a fake stupid laugh, watch his newer interviews he also is a total fibber.
    He is not an honest person as proved again by his total lies about One Direction at the Brits, he just can't stop lying ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to some people he is back on drugs again..also he was fighting with Marilyn on Twitter the other day.
    Yeah he does have a fake stupid laugh, watch his newer interviews he also is a total fibber.
    He is not an honest person as proved again by his total lies about One Direction at the Brits, he just can't stop lying ever.

If anything I'd say he was too honest for his own good. He can be bitchy - he can be wrong - but perhaps what you see as publicity seeking is just having strong opinions and being perhaps unwise to let an issue lie.

I think the bad blood with Marilyn was due to Marilyn's conduct when George was on drugs - he felt a tad betrayed by Marilyn going to the papers about it. He may not be feuding with Marilyn again - a lot of what sounds like fighting on-line could well just be banter. 'Some' people could be wrong or they could be totally unreliable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    He did a song with Mark Ronson a couple of years back. I thought his voice still sounded good.

His voice still sounds very good, especially on that song. He has screwed it up a tad with the drink and drugs but he still has that lovely melodic tone to it.

I don't think his laugh is in the least bit fake. He's a happy man now, so why should his laughing be fake?

People fall out or have disagreements. George and Marilyn have been friends a long time. I'm sure they'll be fine again in another couple of weeks. Thanks to George, Marilyn is now sober after nearly 30 years of drug-taking.

As for the 1D spat, how do you know George was lying? Because Liam thingy said he was?

And there's no way he's back on drugs again. Drug addicts don't look like that. He knows drugs would kill him this time around; he's not daft. His body wouldn't take it again at his age. He's turned his life around for the better now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    If anything I'd say he was too honest for his own good. He can be bitchy - he can be wrong - but perhaps what you see as publicity seeking is just having strong opinions and being perhaps unwise to let an issue lie.

I think the bad blood with Marilyn was due to Marilyn's conduct when George was on drugs - he felt a tad betrayed by Marilyn going to the papers about it. He may not be feuding with Marilyn again - a lot of what sounds like fighting on-line could well just be banter. 'Some' people could be wrong or they could be totally unreliable.

He's very honest about most things. I know he's told a few porkies in the past, but who hasn't? No human being is whiter than white. He told some lies while he was on drugs, but I don't suppose he knew what the hell he was doing half the time then anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    It's great to see him looking so healthy
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    It's not one thing. It's a combination of many things. It's just his overall personality of attacking other people like Madonna, George Michael, the other members of Culture Club. Not to mention he committed a violent crime against another human being which he has never shown any remorse for. Plus, he endlessly promises his fans all these great albums but he never releases them and breaks his promises. George has done a lot of questionable things, but everyone lets him off the hook. Look on this forum at how other celebrities are criticized like Madonna and George Michael. But BG is always let off the hook. People criticize Madonna constantly, but it's accepted. They aren't called out as called angry as you just did about my comments about George.
    Also, why am I the angry one? George is a very angry bitter person. Just follow him on twitter and you will see what I"m talking about. I think a lot of people see George through rose coloured glasses, but I don't. Actually, if you go to one of his websites, you will see a lot of his fans have the same complaints as I do. But I think a lot of people are scared of the wrath of George. He surfs the Internet and he will send bullying messages to anyone that dares criticize him. He will block people on twitter for the silliest of reasons. I'm not a hateful person at all. If you look at my posts on here, you will see I hardly ever criticize other celebrities or various musical artists. Trust me, if I'm angry at George, I have many valid reasons. He's not the saint a lot of his deluded fans think he is.
    You may not follow him that closely, but if you do, I think you know everyone I say about him is true.

Thanks so much for replying.:)
    For sure you have given me food for thought. xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks a bit like Nick Hayward from Haircut 100.