Get Bruce Out, Get Bruce Out, Get Bruce Out.

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
His novelty has worn off and about time he gave the job to someone else, otherwise I would suggest you guys and girls do a demonstration of 'get Bruce out, get Bruce out, get Bruce out' as he was fragrantly awful in the final and did himself no favours with acting like a clown that he owned the show. :mad:

It's not just about him, its about the others as well and the people who offer him contracts should be ashamed of themselves. BBC should focus more on the younger generation of viewing pleasure rather than who they like to pay sorta thing. ;)

Like I said before this thread is there if the BBC have a couldn't give a damn mentality which they don't really and about time they let the old bean go. :)

Comments

• jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    I take it you do not like Sir Bruce, this is the 3rd thread you have started calling for him to leave.
    Then again you also started 3 threads calling for Bruno to be sacked so maybe you just don't like people who's names start with BRU!!! :D
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    jinx2 wrote: »
    I take it you do not like Sir Bruce, this is the 3rd thread you have started calling for him to leave.
    Then again you also started 3 threads calling for Bruno to be sacked so maybe you just don't like people who's names start with BRU!!! :D

Surprised that no one has hash tagged it on twitter, by the way are the people in the studio London based or something? As that says it all that people of London love him obviously. Nah not the fact that I dislike him, but he seems more interested in the money the way he works rather than the fact that he loves his job. ;)

We now I feel need either Anton du beke or Chris hollins to co host the main show and hope BBC get off their backsides and really have the new blood come through with hosting material. :D
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:

How original - we have not had a Bruce Must Go thread for, oh a few weeks now.
    Forum Member
    According to the daily mail was that he was umming and aring about whether to sign a new deal or to be honest and call it a day by letting someone else take over. Suppose mossy2103 you are correct that if Bruce annoys me that much then I shouldn't be watching. :cool:

Don't really watch it for him anyway, I watch it for the dancing to be fair. Just all that time that he waffles with his own filler that time could be used for how the celebs are trending on twitter and Facebook. For me he is very good at monopolising the show and yet BBC have covered it up. :mad:

Just in my eyes a revamp of the show would keep the show fresh and give it new energy, with Bruce still working there I think the show will regress a tad. There are people who can do the job just as well as him, if not better. :)
    Forum Member
    FYI mossy2103 I have changed my mind about Bruno and would like him to stay now. :D
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Surprised that no one has hash tagged it on twitter, by the way are the people in the studio London based or something? As that says it all that people of London love him obviously. Nah not the fact that I dislike him, but he seems more interested in the money the way he works rather than the fact that he loves his job. ;)

We now I feel need either Anton du beke or Chris hollins to co host the main show and hope BBC get off their backsides and really have the new blood come through with hosting material. :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:
    Forum Member
    Come on guys and girls and admit that sir Bruce is boring now. His jokes are no longer random anymore and are predictable now. A case of seen it all and heard it all before. The reason why he's still there is he's obviously chosen to be there and the BBC have wanted to give him better deals to ensure he stays. He was crap at his job in the final, like he was crap for most if not all the series. :yawn:

Just looked very ill, minced his words and acted very doddery indeed. Seems like political correctness that he's still there rather than the fact that he enjoys what he does. Trouble in the BBC is there's so many lawyers who think dropping him means that they will get into trouble. :(

Danny Cohen who is in charge of contracts should look at something a bit longer term rather than people who generate long term profits. Also I feel like I have said before for the BBC to garner more the younger people to watch it, so the x factor gets fried. The bottom line is BBC don't need a comedian to host the show. About time they had the balls to get someone else and that he is honest with self and says 'i can't do it anymore'. :)
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you Tall Paul!
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I agree with you Tall Paul!

If he goes it will serve the BBC right for being too conservative and elitist. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always like Bruce until I watched the final and now I agree he has had his day. Get Anton to present.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolina wrote: »
    I always like Bruce until I watched the final and now I agree he has had his day. Get Anton to present.
    I agreed with you until the BIB. Even though he can be a curmudgeon and egocentric I've always had a soft spot for Bruce. When I first started watching Strictly he was a link to my childhood and I thought he was a good host even with the slip ups but now they are becoming more numerous I think he's well past his best!

However, Anton is not the best person imo to replace Bruce - it'll be like replacing one egocentric personality with another! More importantly Anton imo can't present - I've seen precorded shows that he's done and he was abysmal in them - I suspect the reason why he doesn't get presenting gigs anymore, so I doubt if he'll cope any better with a live show!
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC would be crucified in the press if they ever instigated a move to oust Sir Bruce. It would be the ultimate ageist policy and imo will never happen. The man is such an institution in British tv history who is ever going to want to attempt to elbow him out and as such gain ongoing notoriety?
    The BBC have said it will be Bruce who will decide and I think that will be how it pans out and I think threads like these are pretty pointless tbh.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I agreed with you until the BIB. Even though he can be a curmudgeon and egocentric I've always had a soft spot for Bruce. When I first started watching Strictly he was a link to my childhood and I thought he was a good host even with the slip ups but now they are becoming more numerous I think he's well past his best!

However, Anton is not the best person imo to replace Bruce - it'll be like replacing one egocentric personality with another! More importantly Anton imo can't present - I've seen precorded shows that he's done and he was abysmal in them - I suspect the reason why he doesn't get presenting gigs anymore, so I doubt if he'll cope any better with a live show!

I agree, but everyone who has been nominated on many threads has drawn similar response -its going to be a very difficult decision as no-one is a shoe in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    The BBC would be crucified in the press if they ever instigated a move to oust Sir Bruce. It would be the ultimate ageist policy and imo will never happen. The man is such an institution in British tv history who is ever going to want to attempt to elbow him out and as such gain ongoing notoriety?
    The BBC have said it will be Bruce who will decide and I think that will be how it pans out and I think threads like these are pretty pointless tbh.

I don't think they would be crucified, there might be a few grumbles but I reckon it would pass. As for not renewing his contract being 'ageist' well maybe if he was still up to the job but I don't think he is anymore. I'm saying this not as someone who dislikes Bruce as I said previously I've always had a soft spot for him because I grew up watching him on tv in the 70s and 80s and I've always liked him despite his faults which I've been able to overlook in past. However, last series his presenting became increasingly faltering and I felt at times uncomfortable watching him.

Re the BIB if the BBC did say that imo it really is breathtakingly arrogant of them! Bruce maybe a famous tv personality but at the end of the day the BBC is the employer not Bruce - to give the power to him to decide when he leaves is just farcical especially when considerations such as his health have to be taken into account!
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I agree, but everyone who has been nominated on many threads has drawn similar response -its going to be a very difficult decision as no-one is a shoe in.
    They just need someone who can competently present the show - I doubt the replacement would please everyone but I'd hazzard a guess that a well chosen replacement would please more viewers than Bruce is currently pleasing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce will go of his own accord. When he is ready. Why are people impatient.

It's not like he's 40 and be around for many years - he's really quite an age now and is just one or two series away from retirement, so be patient and stop acting like he is committing some crime by hosting a Saturday night entertainment show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

It's not like he's 40 and be around for many years - he's really quite an age now and is just one or two series away from retirement, so be patient and stop acting like he is committing some crime by hosting a Saturday night entertainment show.

Viewers are allowed to complain you know ;)

Nobody has said he's committed a crime but many people have said he's not up to hosting a live entertainment show anymore!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viewers are allowed to complain you know ;)

Nobody has said he's committed a crime but many people have said he's not up to hosting a live entertainment show anymore!

I suggest you read the opening post again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest you read the opening post again.

I'll throw the suggestion back at you.

You may not like the way the OP expresses himself but the fact is he's allowed to!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll throw the suggestion back at you.

You may not like the way the OP expresses himself but the fact is he's allowed to!

I didn't say they weren't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say they weren't.

Well that's ok then :)

But you seem to have a problem with posters suggesting Bruce should retire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's ok then :)

But you seem to have a problem with posters suggesting Bruce should retire.

Yes. It is okay, actually.

I have a 'problem' with the opening post suggesting people should "demonstrate" with a chorus of "Get Bruce Out" (as if he were on Big Brother no doubt) and "that the BBC should focus more on the younger generation of (viewers)".

Those comments are wrong in my opinion, as was the aggressive tone of the post.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It is okay, actually.

I have a 'problem' with the opening post suggesting people should "demonstrate" with a chorus of "Get Bruce Out" (as if he were on Big Brother no doubt) and "that the BBC should focus more on the younger generation of (viewers)".

Hang on! It was still just an opinion and was any of what you call "aggression" directed at you personally?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The comments maybe a bit OTT but they're no more 'wrong' than the tone of your comments in which you suggest that people should accept a situation they don't like!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The comments maybe a bit OTT but they're no more 'wrong' than the tone of your comments in which you suggest that people should accept a situation they don't like!

Again. I wasn't suggesting that. The theme of my first post was about impatience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again. I wasn't suggesting that. The theme of my first post was about impatience.

Well excuse me for getting that impression when you come out with the BIB from your first post.

It's not like he's 40 and be around for many years - he's really quite an age now and is just one or two series away from retirement,so be patient and stop acting like he is committing some crime by hosting a Saturday night entertainment show.

All the OP did was use hypoberbole to make his points similar to you using hypberbole!