Options

The Moment/Rose: "No more! NO! MORE! NO! MORE!"

summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
I thought it was really funny when she was making fun of the way John Hurt kept saying that :D Her faux-serious expression and marching up and down :D:D

Comments

• Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, yeah... I hated that bit :P

Each to their own and whatnot :D
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found it really awkward. Catherine Tate would've pulled that off so much better, she's the Queen of awkward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    I just found it really awkward. Catherine Tate would've pulled that off so much better, she's the Queen of awkward.

Yeah I can picture Catherine Tate doing it, she does that kind of thing all the time, so it would have been... yeah.... pretty safe. Not used to seeing Billie doing that kind of thing so it got the desired reaction of amusement from me. But then I like seeing actors acting.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bit reminded me of Idris in The Doctor's Wife

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    http://damerose.me/post/67897676521

It made me laugh because it was so awkward :3
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Um, yeah... I hated that bit :P

Each to their own and whatnot :D

me too, I was thinking 'thats John Hurt you're prancing about in front of!! Stop it!'
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it worked really well!
  • Options
    LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst bit in the entire thing. Billie still stumbling over her teeth too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Worst bit in the entire thing. Billie still stumbling over her teeth too...

Nowhere near the worst bit when you had the god awful Elisabeth 1st in it?
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »
    That bit reminded me of Idris in The Doctor's Wife

:)

Me too, and the bit when she said she'd made herself in the image of someone in his past, or was it his future?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for Billie. It's not easy playing an animated paperclip that everyone wants to turn off. I think she captured clippy to a tee
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I found her accent/voice rather odd and affected but that could be just me. Other than that she was rather good and I was pleased that she wasn't Rose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On all the fan reaction vids I've seen on youtube, everyone of them has found this part funny. :)
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness me this whole 'feels' nonsense irritates me like having a pot of honey poured over my head, a bee hive shoved on then a workman operating a pneumatic drill on it.
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    If there is a number one fan for Rosé Tyler its certainly not me, I have disliked the character throughout. However I really liked the take on the bad wolf that billie did, it looked as if she was enjoying herself again. But please no more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I felt sorry for Billie. It's not easy playing an animated paperclip that everyone wants to turn off. I think she captured clippy to a tee

"Microsoft Moment has noticed that you're trying to commit genocide. Are you sure you want to do this?"
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Microsoft Moment has noticed that you're trying to commit genocide. Are you sure you want to do this?"

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I found her accent/voice rather odd and affected but that could be just me. Other than that she was rather good and I was pleased that she wasn't Rose.

People seem to think that Billie naturally talks with Rose's London accent but she's actually pretty posh, though she doesn't usually show that in her roles. This time she was able to because she was playing the Moment, not Rose.
  • Options
    LightAtTheEndLightAtTheEnd Posts: 59
    Forum Member

"Selecting Microsoft Moment will delete all Time Lords. Press the big red button for yes." ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Selecting Microsoft Moment will delete all Time Lords. Press the big red button for yes." ;)

Are you sure you want to cancel? This action will delete all stored memory.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    I liked it. To be honest, if you're a sentient weapon who doesn't get out of the arsenal that much then surely you're going to have some fun before you get down to business.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Loved it, fun moment.

Pun intended.