Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fat lot of use the enhanced CRB checks are

Teacher, 52, secretly filmed children undressing in dormitories then shared videos with other paedophiles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2314792/Teacher-52-secretly-filmed-children-undressing-dormitories-shared-videos-paedophiles.html

four and a half years, means he's back out in two and a quarter

Since he shows no remorse... should have been given an indeterminate sentence
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,803
    Forum Member
    Fat lot of use the enhanced CRB checks are

What? :confused:

There's no evidence in that newspaper report of him having any previous criminal record or warnings. Have you mis-understood what a CRB check provides?

What Does an Enhanced Disclosure Show?

It will show details of all Cautions, Warnings, Reprimands and Convictions held on an individual’s criminal record. It will also search whether the applicant is on the children / vulnerable adults Barred Lists. The Barred Lists are a list of the names of individuals that are barred by law from working with children or vulnerable adults. It is an offence for any individuals on the Barred Lists to work / seek employment with children or vulnerable adults. The Enhanced CRB Check also has a section for ‘Other Relevant Police Information’ where the applicant’s local police force can add any further notes should they deem it relevant

He's now banned from working with children, which should flag up on any future CRB check.
    He was jailed for four and a half years, put on the sex offenders' register indefinitely, banned from working with children and made subject to a sexual offences prevention order controlling his use of the Internet.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    What? :confused:

There's no evidence in that newspaper report of him having any previous criminal record or warnings. Have you mis-understood what a CRB check provides?

He's now banned from working with children, which should flag up on any future CRB check.

On future ones yes, but its not the fix all that some think it is as someone can have a clean CRB yet be abusing kids until such time as they are caught. And then of course you have the countless people where Capita employees have incorrectly entered data info which prevents innocent people getting a job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas, the criminologist and investigative journalist who worked closely on ITV’s Jimmy Savile Exposure film, has struck an exclusive deal with Shiver, the factual division of ITV Studios.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/people/itvs-shiver-locks-in-jimmy-savile-investigator/5054269.article?blocktitle=LATEST-NEWS&contentID=870
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
    Hi,

A number of posts have been removed as they are in breach of our Terms and Conditions. Please do not repeat this discussion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Hi,

A number of posts have been removed as they are in breach of our Terms and Conditions. Please do not repeat this discussion.

I thought my iPod had gone do-lally
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible news for Max Clifford. He wont be able to continue and represent. Basically he's finished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The David Icke forum is rather busy. (Washes mouth out with soap and water)
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,803
    Forum Member
    Hi,

But it must be ok to link to the Digital Spy story about an extremely well known silver haired publicist having been charged?

If not then you might as well close down your forums and tweeter account...and will the last person switch off the computer. :)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Terrible news for Max Clifford. He wont be able to continue and represent. Basically he's finished.
    He deserves the chance to go to court and prove himself innocent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huh my post has been removed,
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he who shall not be named have a stake holding in Digital Spy perchance?
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Does he?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
  • Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Can someone help me to understand why someone would wait 47 years before accusing someone of assault? It makes no sense to me on any level other than a greedy, opportunistic moron striking while it's hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ivy Rose wrote: »
    Can someone help me to understand why someone would wait 47 years before accusing someone of assault? It makes no sense to me on any level other than a greedy, opportunistic moron striking while it's hot.

Fear? Trying to deal with the awful things that happened to them? People in authority not doing anything if they came forward?

The Savile investigations have given genuine victims the courage to come forward.

The story about he who cannot be mentioned is writ large on the front pages tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Fear? Trying to deal with the awful things that happened to them? People in authority not doing anything if they came forward?

The Savile investigations have given genuine victims the courage to come forward.

The story about he who cannot be mentioned is writ large on the front pages tomorrow.

Yes, I do get all that, but still...47 years!!! That surely has to be ridiculous by any reasonable standards, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I do get all that, but still...47 years!!! That surely has to be ridiculous by any reasonable standards, right?

No it isn't. What's ridiculous is making sweeping statements about victims of sex crimes. It's brave of them to come forward.

Let the courts decide whether these particular accusations are sound in due course.
    Forum Member
    No it isn't. What's ridiculous is making sweeping statements about victims of sex crimes. It's brave of them to come forward.

Let the courts decide whether these particular accusations are sound in due course.

Well, I can't understand it I'm afraid - and I consider myself very much on the side of victims. I can understand waiting to a point, certainly, but not 47 years. We're probably going to have to agree to disagree, but thanks for responding to my initial question.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let the courts decide. He deserves his day at court.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like with Savile, evidence may come to light that the alleged victims did in fact go to police at the time or some time afterwards and weren't taken seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Let the courts decide. He deserves his day at court.

He didn't afford the same courtesy to Neil and Christine Hamilton in the Nadine Milroy-Sloane affair but two wrongs don't make a right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Like with Savile, evidence may come to light that the alleged victims did in fact go to police at the time or some time afterwards and weren't taken seriously.

Or like the Surrey cases, the police didn't tell the victim that there were other victims too, so they thought they'd be on their own and so not willing to go to court.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or like the Surrey cases, the police didn't tell the victim that there were other victims too, so they thought they'd be on their own and so not willing to go to court.

Quite.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out. Will blackmail be used by certain individuals?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extraordinary turn of events concerning the gentleman currently in the news. Normally he would be advising celebs how to best handle such a calamitous series of headlines and now he's the subject of said headlines himself.....it's a strange old world.
This discussion has been closed.