American Idol Top 6 Live Show + Results Discussion

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just watched the show (US TIME) and someone (not going to say who, but will in the spoiler tags for anyone that doesn't know yet) just took it to the next level, and gave the best performance i have ever ever ever seen on any talent show ever.

Anyway, let's start the discussion!

So, singing 2 songs this week. Angie up first. Hmmm......neither of her performances grab me that much, although i did enjoy her second song.

Next up is Amber. Now, i have never ever got the fuss for this girl, and tonight is no change. I liked her a bit more than usual and she did Love On Top amazingly, still don't think she connects well with the audience.

Third up we have Lazaro...now....yeah. It was bad, both his performances were bad. Enough said.

Now we have Kree. She surprised me tonight and for once i actually get the appeal with this girl, very very impressed.

Janelle - is it me, or is she getting wore each week? bland bland bland! She has the country vote though and im sure she will make it through this week.

Candice - OH. MY. GOD. THIS GIRL IS INSAANNNNEEE!!!!! Her first performance just blew EVERYONE away, and just made all the other contestants look like amateurs! HER SECOND PERFORMANCE WAS, IMO, THE BEST PERFORMANCE IN AMERICAN IDOL HISTORY, EVER. EVER. EVER.

If Candice doesn't win after her performances tonight, there is something FAR wrong with the way America is voting.

Comments

• SamBonjelaSamBonjela Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I just watched it (the last song 5 times!) and I had to come here to see if anyone elses had commented. It seems like it's only once in a blue moon these shows get some talent that's that outstanding. I was impressed with her up till now, but she blew me away with her second performance
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Candice has the best vocal of all the contestants. I haven't seen it yet but she's always in my top three:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Candice loved it and rewound it. She's amazing.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber - Say a Little Prayer: This song has been pretty much cursed in idol, as in the person who sings it usually goes home. I think it came off as old fashioned like I thought it would. Vocally great. But she needs to connect more. Having said that, she obviously is connecting somewhat as she is still here and hasn't been in the bottom 2 ever. She is personally one of my favourites though.

Love on Top - Now that Amber has a bigger fan base, she doesn't need to keep giving the best vocals of the night. It was good to see her fun side and see her let loose. Secretly I hope she is eliminated so the judges save her and that she rebounds into the top 4 (Janelle and Lazaro would probably go next week then, securing Lazaro's demise!)

Lazaro - not worth my comments, appauling. He might be near the bottom but he wont go.

Janelle - not a fan of country but she won me over a couple of weeks ago when she played the guitar and completely changed the song. It show cased her as a creative artist. However, this week I just found her boring. Sounds funny, but if she had brunette hair I think she would have gone last week!

Kree - again, dont get all the fuss. She's great but needs to do something up tempo.

Candice - one of the best vocals I've seen on Idol ever. Not the best though. But I've been rooting for her since last year when she was cut just before the live shows. I had hairs standing up throughout her second song and her first was great. Hopefully she'll be the top vote getter, which is good considering she was probably in the bottom 3 last week. Once Amber's gone she'll get a lot of her votes too.

Angie - great on the piano, that's where she seems to shine!

All in all, my top 3, probably until the show ends are Angie, Candice and Amber probably in that order with nothing in between them.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As has been said on other forums unless Lazaro has the fewest votes this is the week the save will be used
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    As has been said on other forums unless Lazaro has the fewest votes this is the week the save will be used

Nope. If Janelle has fewest, the save wont be used.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there definitely a double elimination after the save is used? If Janelle is bottom of the vote (which I think she will be) maybe they will use it? Purely to get rid of Lazaro in a double elimination the week after?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Is there definitely a double elimination after the save is used? If Janelle is bottom of the vote (which I think she will be) maybe they will use it? Purely to get rid of Lazaro in a double elimination the week after?

Is there? Was there one last year? I cant remember!
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never usually like the performances where the judges always seriously rave over them. But this year with Candice was so completely different. Her performance was outstanding. And at the right time. Amber and Angie were overtaking her in my favorites, but the performance put right back on top.
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamBonjela wrote: »
    Yeah, I just watched it (the last song 5 times!) and I had to come here to see if anyone elses had commented. It seems like it's only once in a blue moon these shows get some talent that's that outstanding. I was impressed with her up till now, but she blew me away with her second performance

Not true. Idol has probably been the best singing show for CONSISTENTLY producing amazingly talented singers

Season 1
    Kelly Clarkson
    Tamyra Gray

Season 3
    Fantasia
    LaToya London
    Jennifer Hudson

Season 4
    Carrie Underwood
    Vonzell Solomon

Season 5
    Katharine McPhee
    Chris Daughtry

Season 6
    Jordin Sparks
    Melinda Doolittle
    Lakisha Jones
    Blake Lewis

Season 7
    David Cook
    Syesha Merado
    Carly Smithson

Season 8
    Adam Lambert
    Allison Iraheta

Season 9
    Lee Dewyze
    Crystal Bowersox
    Siobhan Magnus

Season 10
    Lauren Alaina
    Haley Reinhart
    Pia Toscano
    Casey Abrahams
    James Durbin

Season 11
    Phillip Phillips
    Jessica Sanchez
    Joshua Ledet
    Elise Testone
    Skylar Laine

And I could probably think up some more! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    supersnake wrote: »
    Not true. Idol has probably been the best singing show for CONSISTENTLY producing amazingly talented singers

Season 1
    Kelly Clarkson
    Tamyra Gray

Season 3
    Fantasia
    LaToya London
    Jennifer Hudson

Season 4
    Carrie Underwood
    Vonzell Solomon

Season 5
    Katharine McPhee
    Chris Daughtry

Season 6
    Jordin Sparks
    Melinda Doolittle
    Lakisha Jones
    Blake Lewis

Season 7
    David Cook
    Syesha Merado
    Carly Smithson

Season 8
    Adam Lambert
    Allison Iraheta

Season 9
    Lee Dewyze
    Crystal Bowersox
    Siobhan Magnus

Season 10
    Lauren Alaina
    Haley Reinhart
    Pia Toscano
    Casey Abrahams
    James Durbin

Season 11
    Phillip Phillips
    Jessica Sanchez
    Joshua Ledet
    Elise Testone
    Skylar Laine

And I could probably think up some more! ;)

Skylar, Elise, Phillip, James, Pia, Casey, Lauren, Siobhan, Lee, Syesha, Carly, David, Malinda, Blake, Lakisha, Chris, Katherine, Vonzell, LaToya and Tamyra shouldn't be on that list....i don't know if you're joking or not?

It's all down to personal opinion though, and my opinion is definitely that Candice is a much better singer than anyone this season, and a much better singer than 99% of the people that have been on the show before.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Amber was better than the other female, name forgotten now, but she had no soft tones. Amber just let it flow. :)

Amber 9/10
    1st female.....6/10

and

ads
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted

Edit:
    Amber was brilliant.
    I will wait until later to comment on the OP ratings and the spoiler!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're back and it's UK Pace btw. :D

Meant to add that 1st female is the one I call smiling teeth:D

Lazaro sings but don't think he's thinking of the song as he looked about him. Thought I heard a duff note too, but he's a nice guy. :D

Think Close To You is too slow for him....6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you agree with me Randy..as Laz wasn't good at all.
    Here comes speech time Mariah....ahem
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to sound harsh Lazarro should have gone in the first week. I know he has a moving back story but he's a mediocre singer at best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexy Steve speaks:D

lol how right Nicki is....and no I is not moving Ryan. :D:D

ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to sound harsh Lazarro should have gone in the first week. I know he has a moving back story but he's a mediocre singer at best.

His real problem is unsuitable songs, when he ought to stay with an oompy swing number, which give an edge to his vocals. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to a rodeo lover....

Oh dear Lord, don't like the sleepiness of that song start from Kree, and glad she upped the score. Mind you don't think the song does much for her.

6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad this is the 5* edited version because I just could not take the full versions of Mariah's comments......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah speaks again, and seems she liked Kree's performance.
    Keith overdoing it a tad, re Kree being emotional in the song.

Country? Never, that wasn't country! :p

Randy gets exicted re Kree....hmmmm

Janelle sings to keith. :D She shows more oomp with this love song, and it's not too bad.

7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    I am so glad this is the 5* edited version because I just could not take the full versions of Mariah's comments......

I couldn't take her full comments either, the thought of them :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Candice.........has a sweet voice when needed for the song, and she's the best tonight imo, as she raised my spirits. :D

10/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry Niki Mariah will try to explain it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Candice.........has a sweet voice when needed for the song, and she's the best tonight imo, as she raised my spirits. :D

10/10

I wish I had seen Candice without peeking at the OP's spoiler.
    I was expecting a 10. For me it was just under 9.
    I think Amber is edging it.
    But this is for me the most open AI, possibly ever.