Freesat on Samsung F8000

I'm stuck:confused:

I've done a search already but no info so I guess it's just me.

Basically I can get the freeview to work but when I try to setup freesat instead it's unable to find any channels ( satellite signal not found ). I've fiddled around with all the settings check the cable is coming out of the box on the wall which says 'SAT' & screwed the other end in the satellite connection on the back on the tv, I screwed it into both satellite connection just to make sure but still no joy.

Does the freesat work in the uk on these tv's if so what is the configuration if anyone knows how to set it up on this model?

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,335
    Forum Member
    The spec lists Freesat, and Freesat is a UK (only) service, so it should work with Freesat.

Are you absolutely certain your dish is working, and aligned on the correct satellite?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I've got a dreambox in another room which is fine and all the boxes in every room on the wall use the same satellite dish source.

I went into curry's earlier to ask if I was doing something wrong he said to do a factory reset and try again which I've done 3times.:confused:
    Forum Member
    sony007 wrote: »
    I've got a dreambox in another room which is fine and all the boxes in every room on the wall use the same satellite dish source.

A Dreambox isn't a Freesat box, you've not made clear that the dish is aligned on 28.2E (and most Dreamboxes wouldn't be).

Assuming it is?, and the socket you're using to feed the TV is working?, then it might be poorly aligned - Freesat uses 28.5E, and won't work at all if it can't find the signals from that. If the dish is aligned on the wrong side of 28.2 it might get 28.2 OK, but not 28.5E
    Forum Member
    Freesat is 28.5:D,that may explain it then, I've been using the same settings I would use for sky uk for my dreambox assuming that I would get the free to air channels.

I'm scanning again now on Eutelsat 28.5E, 10% 107 channels found.

Fingers crossed the channels work.
    Forum Member
    Ok I cancelled that scan and rescanning just doing the free to air channels and quick scan and It found over 400 channels most don't work and are foreign channels with no information.

Well at least I know now that its just the setting on the tv I have to get right.

Thanks for your help Nigel.
    Forum Member
    Freesat is 28.5:D,that may explain it then, I've been using the same settings I would use for sky uk for my dreambox assuming that I would get the free to air channels.

As it's a Freesat TV why not just do the default Freesat scan?, no need to enter anything.
    Forum Member
    As it's a Freesat TV why not just do the default Freesat scan?, no need to enter anything.

That's what I did initially but it didn't work. Freeview worked fine but I was on the upstanding that freesat had all the channels of freeview plus a lot more which was the reason why I wanted to set it up.
    Forum Member
    That's what I did initially but it didn't work. Freeview worked fine but I was on the upstanding that freesat had all the channels of freeview plus a lot more which was the reason why I wanted to set it up.

Most of the extra ones are pretty useless, although there are a few worth having - particularly so if you're only in a Freeview Lite area (which is the reason for Freesat's existence).

I'm still dubious about what satellite your dish is aligned on, particularly as you got hundreds of non-UK channels, it sounds like it's not on 28.2E/28.5E, which would explain why the Freesat tuning doesn't work.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member

I'd suggest asking a local satellite TV installer to come along and do a professional dish alignment for the 28.2*E satellite cluster and that should hopefully do the trick.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but I was on the upstanding that freesat had all the channels of freeview plus a lot more which was the reason why I wanted to set it up.

This is list of all FTA channels at 28E
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E
    Some channels which are FTA on Freeview are not free (and, therefore, not on Freesat) on satellite.

It certainly sounds like your dish may be pointing at either 26E/23E/19E/13E if it's receiving non-UK channels.
    Could you name a few of the channels and/or check the relevant satellites from the lists here
    http://en.kingofsat.net/