Anyone used a Tesco HudL. ( Tablet )

Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Probably going to get a Tesco HudL .

Wondering if anyone has had any bad or good things to say about them :)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl-7-16gb-wi-fi-android-tablet-black/629-5239.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=629-5239

Comments

• Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it for web surfing and emails ??
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also curious about this one. What's this tablet really like? Pro's and con's?

How does it compare to a Nexus 7 (2013)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I'm also curious about this one. What's this tablet really like? Pro's and con's?

How does it compare to a Nexus 7 (2013)?

I've read somewhere that it's made by Nexus and is rated higher than the original Nexus maybe not the 2013 version though . It is a lot cheaper as I understand .
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    I've read somewhere that it's made by Nexus and is rated higher than the original Nexus maybe nit the 2013 version though . It is a lot cheaper as I understand .

How do you mean "made by Nexus"?
    Nexus is just the Google brand name. The Nexus 7 tablet is actually made by Asus.

I think the Hudl is made by Archos, although I could be mistaken?
    The spec of the Hudl is better than the original Nexus 7, and it has a SD card slot and HDMI connection which the Nexus lacks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    How do you mean "made by Nexus"?
    Nexus is just the Google brand name. The Nexus 7 tablet is actually made by Asus.

I think the Hudl is made by Archos, although I could be mistaken?
    The spec of the Hudl is better than the original Nexus 7, and it has a SD card slot and HDMI connection which the Nexus lacks.

Yeah you're probably right , I knew it was made by one of the top names though . Asus rings a bell up now you mention it.
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Can confirm, manufactured by Archos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ssr wrote: »
    Can confirm, manufactured by Archos.

Thanks .

Archos / Nexus / Asus ..... come on guys I'm dyslexic , they all sound kinda similar :)

I'm just glad it hadn't got a massive Tesco symbol on the back !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone know if after downloading a program off the bbc iplayer onto a hudl,can you watch it without being connected to the internet? I read on an iplayer blog somebody complaining that they couldn't watch a show they had downloaded(on an I pad) when not connected and this caused the program to be deleted.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    loonattic wrote: »
    I read on an iplayer blog somebody complaining that they couldn't watch a show they had downloaded(on an I pad) when not connected and this caused the program to be deleted.
    This person must have been VERY confused! The whole purpose of downloading is to watch when not connected - and it works very well!
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    does anyone know if after downloading a program off the bbc iplayer onto a hudl,can you watch it without being connected to the internet? I read on an iplayer blog somebody complaining that they couldn't watch a show they had downloaded(on an I pad) when not connected and this caused the program to be deleted.

The regular BBC iPlayer is a streaming service, but they do provide a downloading service as well. Maybe the person on the blog hadn't subscribed to that. More info at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/downloading/

Still getting to know our Hudl - happy enough so far. It's not as polished as the high-end tablets, but it's perfectly usable and certainly worth the money. Definitely worthwhile as an introduction into tablets. I've bought a mini-sd card to expand the storage up to 48gb. Just waiting for a mini-hmdi adapter to arrive so I can display content from the Hudl on our TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey peeps .

I've put my 8Gb Micro SD card in the slot but it isn't being recognised at all on the Hudl ...... More worryingly is that it's real difficult to get the card out of the slot . I have to use a pin / needle and twiddle about until I can work it out at enough to get a grip of it .!!

What's happening ?

Usually cards just kinda spring in and out of slots on my cameras .....

Help !!!!!