The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    :eek::confused: i would have thought bbm ownership was a requirement of being a member of this appreciation thread.

That's a bit mean isnt it. You have no idea about my circumstances so just because I dont own all Heath's films does not mean that I did not like his work.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bit mean isnt it. You have no idea about my circumstances so just because I dont own all Heath's films does not mean that I did not like his work.

i didnt mean it to come across as mean. i just assumed as that was his most famous film evryone would own it. my comment was meant as a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all, just got home after doing my Friday big shop!!!, the pear cider is cooling as i type this:). are we going for a lucky dip on Wednesday then?.....I may go for the sin eater...for some reason I actually quite like that film:o

I quite like that one too! My fave is TTIYAY but LOD is currently enjoying a climb back up the chart of SGF's currently most watched Heath films! (where's that top of the pops music when you need it?!):D
    :eek::confused: i would have thought bbm ownership was a requirement of being a member of this appreciation thread.

Hi Carol, I have to say I only bought my copy at Xmas (left it for ages because I was a bit worried
    cos I'd heard about the old lube scene in the tent
    but I took the plunge & treated myself), then didn't get time to watch it. Then he died and I couldn't face it. It sat there tormenting me in it's cellophane wrapper for ages until a couple of months ago or so I had a weekend where I sat & watched Atonement & BBM in consecutive nights - did my house out of tissues, loo roll, the lot that weekend!:D Don't know what I was worried about :rolleyes: silly me! Beautiful film!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like that one too! My fave is TTIYAY but LOD is currently enjoying a climb back up the chart of SGF's currently most watched Heath films! (where's that top of the pops music when you need it?!):D

Hi Carol, I have to say I only bought my copy at Xmas (left it for ages because I was a bit worried
    cos I'd heard about the old lube scene in the tent
    but I took the plunge & treated myself), then didn't get time to watch it. Then he died and I couldn't face it. It sat there tormenting me in it's cellophane wrapper for ages until a couple of months ago or so I had a weekend where I sat & watched Atonement & BBM in consecutive nights - did my house out of tissues, loo roll, the lot that weekend!:D Don't know what I was worried about :rolleyes: silly me! Beautiful film!:)

i saw it at the cinema. i went with hubby, my friend & her hubby. me & my friend cried buckets & our hubbys hated it!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i saw it at the cinema. i went with hubby, my friend & her hubby. me & my friend cried buckets & our hubbys hated it!!!

LOL!! Bet that was funny (them being uncomfortable I mean!):D. I'm glad I never saw that at the pics - would've flooded the place out!:(

Saw BBM for £3 the other day in Tescos!:eek: I was really shocked - a lot of places have put Heath's dvds up in price to cash in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Still waiting for Brothers Grimm and Lords of Dogtown, HMV sent me an email to tell me they are out of stock, but they are trying to get hold of them ASAP....they'd better :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for Brothers Grimm and Lords of Dogtown, HMV sent me an email to tell me they are out of stock, but they are trying to get hold of them ASAP....they'd better :mad:

Oh what torture! Poor ole you - I've cancelled orders with hmv before now cos of that - you order thinking it's in stock, then they tell you after waiting that it's not! Grrr!:mad:

Play.com has both in stock (which means they're in stock!) & they're a fiver each.
    Forum Member
    We nearly dropped off the first page:eek:!!!, come on ladies!!*FFF cracks whip* POST POST POST.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We nearly dropped off the first page:eek:!!!, come on ladies!!*FFF cracks whip* POST POST POST.

S'not my fault! I posted the last post *sulks* wasn't going to look like a Billynomates posting all by myself!!! Cancelled hmv yet?!
    Forum Member
    S'not my fault! I posted the last post *sulks* wasn't going to look like a Billynomates posting all by myself!!! Cancelled hmv yet?!
    :eek:Stop nagging woman!!!!, not yet, gonna give them a few more days, if they don't turn up by Wednesday I'll email them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek:Stop nagging woman!!!!, not yet, gonna give them a few more days, if they don't turn up by Wednesday I'll email them.

I'd cancel them now, order from play & they'll be with you by Weds.
    Forum Member
    I'd cancel them now, order from play & they'll be with you by Weds.
    what do you fancy watching on Wednesday then?, and don't say LOD, or i'll lean through the pooter screen and nut you!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you fancy watching on Wednesday then?, and don't say LOD, or i'll lean through the pooter screen and nut you!!!!

:eek::eek: OMG! As if I would ever say that!! (well I won't now!:o:p). Sin eater?
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: OMG! As if I would ever say that!! (well I won't now!:o:p). Sin eater?
    Adda girl:D see what everyone else wants too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adda girl:D see what everyone else wants too

I quite fancy that too actually - joking aside, I hope your LOD turns up soon - it's like when we were waiting for Candy & Two Hands
    Forum Member
    I quite fancy that too actually - joking aside, I hope your LOD turns up soon - it's like when we were waiting for Candy & Two Hands
    I know, sure it will turn up eventually. May just have to go and watch Flukies trailer again to cheer me up. New Heath piccy too:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek: you were at the bottom of the page :eek:
    Forum Member
    :eek: you were at the bottom of the page :eek:
    I know, where is everyone????, I know that SGF is off peddling her wares at the village fayre, but really!!!!!come on Ladies, keep posting;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Afternoon Heathens. Are you all enjoying the lovely weather. Break out the Pear Jooce then.:D
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just like to pat myself on the back for going three days without shedding a tear for Heath. I don't think a day had gone by since his passing without having a bit of a blub or a major blub. I was very close yesterday when I was talking to friends about Dark Knight and then how Heath will bow out when he goes into the mirror in DrHippopotamus and I had a little wobble but I made it through. However, it's only 6pm - there's still time. ;)

How fab is this weather. I think the lovely sunshine helps to lift the spirit. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, sure it will turn up eventually. May just have to go and watch Flukies trailer again to cheer me up. New Heath piccy too:)

:( I'lll cross my fingers & toes for you! it will make it all the sweeter when it does eventually turn up!
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    I would just like to pat myself on the back for going three days without shedding a tear for Heath. I don't think a day had gone by since his passing without having a bit of a blub or a major blub. I was very close yesterday when I was talking to friends about Dark Knight and then how Heath will bow out when he goes into the mirror in DrHippopotamus and I had a little wobble but I made it through. However, it's only 6pm - there's still time. ;)

How fab is this weather. I think the lovely sunshine helps to lift the spirit. :)

Oh Rose, well done!:) {{{Rose}}} *pats Rose on the back*:(
    Forum Member

Hey Rose, how you doing sweetie:) sending you huge hugs ((((Rose))))), to help you. I'm looking at DK with excitement and dread. I think we should try to plan it so we all go on the same day, then at least we can come on here and have a chat all together and help each other along. What do you think?
    LOL at Dr Hippopotamus:D, keep smiling. I really Don't think Heath would wan't anybody to be sad when thinking of him.
    XXXFFF.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks (((((SGF and FFF)))). Like you say, he would want us to celebrate his life, not continue mourning his passing forever and a day.

I am really excited about seeing The Dark Knight as a film itself because I absolutely loved Batman Begins and I think this one is going to be even better. A friend of mine said yesterday that these two latest Batmans have taken the films to a whole new level and the first ones need to be redone now, I think he's right. But I know it's going to be very emotional and by the end of the film I'll be in buckets. I hope everyone in the cinema will join me in giving our man a round of applause, and even a standing ovation by the sounds of the reports and the looks of the trailers.

Great idea in watching it the same time. It's a shame we couldn't all get together and see it with each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks (((((SGF and FFF)))). Like you say, he would want us to celebrate his life, not continue mourning his passing forever and a day.

I am really excited about seeing The Dark Knight as a film itself because I absolutely loved Batman Begins and I think this one is going to be even better. A friend of mine said yesterday that these two latest Batmans have taken the films to a whole new level and the first ones need to be redone now, I think he's right. But I know it's going to be very emotional and by the end of the film I'll be in buckets. I hope everyone in the cinema will join me in giving our man a round of applause, and even a standing ovation by the sounds of the reports and the looks of the trailers.

Great idea in watching it the same time. It's a shame we couldn't all get together and see it with each other.

Can you imagine!!:D We'd get arrested, beaten up or carted off to the loony bin cos we'd all have to be in stripes! *cue slowmo side-by-side walking in stripey gear to Don't Want to Miss A Thing*:D
    Forum Member
    :( I'lll cross my fingers & toes for you! it will make it all the sweeter when it does eventually turn up!

Oh Rose, well done!:) {{{Rose}}} *pats Rose on the back*:(

Just as long as you don't cross your eyes too, not a good look for you SGF!!:eek: