Shock regeneration on 18/5/13?

cricketmancricketman Posts: 28
Forum Member
Based on the fact that the last 5 minutes of this seasons finale is a closely guarded secret,could this be due to the fact that Matt Smith will regenerate into John Hurt?
This would then give us an Anniversary storyline that "the new 12th Doctor,weakened by his recent regeneration,has to call upon his 2 previous selves to fight a deadly threat to the existance of the entire universe caused by (insert storyline)"
Personally, i doubt if this is true but if the speculation gets enough publicity it may reach the tabloids and result in a hugeaudience for the finale (as what happened to Stolen Earth/Journeys End in 2008)
Of course,the regeneration could fail during the Anniversary show and Matt Smith could then continue as the Doctor!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have thought about the possibility that there's a surprise regeneration happening as well, but:

- isn't Matt Smith contracted for the 2013 Christmas Special as well?

- I doubt that John Hurt will be the 12th Doctor (if there was no regeneration back into Smith) considering the fact that he is 73 and how much of a constraint shooting DW is even for much younger actors like Tennant or Smith

- I don't see Moffat doing a reverse regeneration, just doesn't seem to make much sense

I do think that it's likely that someone who appears in the 50th is someone who appears in those last 5 minutes and I think that Tennant is the most likely (though that one seems a bit too obvious and if it were him maybe they would want to hype it before?). Dunno, I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe one of the characters turns out to be a zygon?

actually how will zygons, daleks and cybermen fit into the 50th?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Unless there is a shock regeneration and the Valeyard comes early rather than between the 12th and final doctor, we already saw an aspect of him (the dreamlord) and clara recruits 10 & 11 to beat him and either stop the regeneration into him or to cause him to change to 12.

With clara being the boss in nightmare in silver and the doctor facing his dark side, wouldn't the doctor being the big bad (albeit as the valeyard) for the 50th be a cool twist?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I have thought about the possibility that there's a surprise regeneration happening as well, but:

- isn't Matt Smith contracted for the 2013 Christmas Special as well?

- I doubt that John Hurt will be the 12th Doctor (if there was no regeneration back into Smith) considering the fact that he is 73 and how much of a constraint shooting DW is even for much younger actors like Tennant or Smith

- I don't see Moffat doing a reverse regeneration, just doesn't seem to make much sense

I do think that it's likely that someone who appears in the 50th is someone who appears in those last 5 minutes and I think that Tennant is the most likely (though that one seems a bit too obvious and if it were him maybe they would want to hype it before?). Dunno, I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.

This idea could have legs possibly....I say that because as far as I know, the BBC have yet to formally announce any new Christmas Special or Series 8 or indeed any future episodes in whichever form other than the 50th Anniversary. Nor has it been formally announced that Matt Smith will reprise his role as the 11th Doctor after the 50th Annivesary. This may be why the BBC are being cagey about their future plans for the Series. I think that once Series 7 concludes or the 50th is out of the way, announcements will then be made about how the series will move forward. One thing that has been confirmed by the BBC Media Centre is the appointment of new Exec Producer, Brian Minchin, so, from that we can assume that Doctor Who will continue, although in what form remains to be seen.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe they actually did some filming for the Finale at the same time they were filming the 50th which certainly suggests that someone or maybe something from the 50th will be appearing in the Finale (presumably the final scene).

I doubt it will be a regeneration though, more likely we get to see Doc #10 appearing or maybe just his TARDIS.

Maybe Clara sees the TARDIS runs into it and

Clara : What?
    Doc#10: What?
    Both: What?

;)
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I believe they actually did some filming for the Finale at the same time they were filming the 50th which certainly suggests that someone or maybe something from the 50th will be appearing in the Finale (presumably the final scene).

I doubt it will be a regeneration though, more likely we get to see Doc #10 appearing or maybe just his TARDIS.

;)

I actually want that to happen now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless there is a shock regeneration and the Valeyard comes early rather than between the 12th and final doctor, we already saw an aspect of him (the dreamlord) and clara recruits 10 & 11 to beat him and either stop the regeneration into him or to cause him to change to 12.

Technically the Doctor is already living his 12th life, as the 10th Doctor used up two regeneration's if you count the meta crisis regeneration.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

;)

If Moff doesn't use that, he's missed a trick. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    korbany wrote: »
    Technically the Doctor is already living his 12th life, as the 10th Doctor used up two regeneration's if you count the meta crisis regeneration.

Interesting if that does count as a regeneration then the valeyard fots perfectly
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    maybe one of the characters turns out to be a zygon?

actually how will zygons, daleks and cybermen fit into the 50th?

Like this: Zygonas and Daleks and Cybermen Oh My! :D
  • swadeyswadey Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    John Hurt
    is contracted for 5 days filming. That's it. Also includes rehearsal time. That's it. He's nt long term. Move on
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if the last five minute has sneaky cameos from some old doctors?...... I can dream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think. after today's big news we all know what is happening.
    It's obvious now.

Sir Alex Ferguson has quit United in order to prepare for the role as the next Doctor.
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I think. after today's big news we all know what is happening.
    It's obvious now.

Sir Alex Ferguson has quit United in order to prepare for the role as the next Doctor.
    :eek: OF COURSE! :D
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cricketman wrote: »
    Based on the fact that the last 5 minutes of this seasons finale is a closely guarded secret,could this be due to the fact that Matt Smith will regenerate into John Hurt?

Nope, he's going to regenerate into Clara.

Then the impact of millions of fans suddenly crying out in terror will rip the space time continuum and scatter multiple versions of her back through the timeline.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Apparently it's Paul who regenerates, not Matt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

;)

this would be, well, AMAZING. hahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't necessarily rule out viewers not knowing who "The Doctor" will be (going forward) up until the final minutes of the 50th though...
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »

Paul who? The only one I know is McGann, but he's not been the Doctor on TV since 1996.

So I dunno which Paul it could be, either than PM. But it couldn't be him, as other Doctors won't be appearing properly. Tennant and Smith are the only Doctors appearing. If other Doctors do appear, then it will be in flashbacks, or something simillar.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping for at least a glimpse of Tennant.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    As far as I heard it's no-one.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for at least a glimpse of Tennant.

I think it'll be something similar to the comic relief 2007 sketch start when 2 doctors met.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzt7cmWImY
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Paul who? The only one I know is McGann, but he's not been the Doctor on TV since 1996.

So I dunno which Paul it could be, either than PM. But it couldn't be him, as other Doctors won't be appearing properly. Tennant and Smith are the only Doctors appearing. If other Doctors do appear, then it will be in flashbacks, or something simillar.

Supposedly Paul McGann has filmed some minisodes at the beginning of this week, including a regeneration