Gwyneth Paltrow voted most hated celeb

tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
Forum Member
✭✭
That's a bit random isn't it? Why is she hated so much of all the celebrities?

Comments

• PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. I can only assume its due to her (perceived) patronising blog thingie.

Personally, I quite like her.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of far, far worse 'celebs' than Gwyneth. She does come over as patronising, but I would choose her over the Kardashians any day of the week.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a bit mental. I like her. :) I can see why people find her a bit annoying, she is a bit righteous.

I makes me laugh when she described her kids healthy diets...and then they are pictured coming out of a cornershop with their dad with bags of sweets and Wotsits. I also like it when she skypes US tv shows while drunk.

I should find her annoying but I think she's a ray of sunshine, especially compared to the cold behavior of some celebs.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, but I don't read her lifestyle blog. I've seen a lot of people online make fun of it and its content. I think it's got something to do with that.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people don't like her because she comes across as a little condescending.
    I find some of her ideas odd but her life her choice
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    She's annoying and a really crappy actress who usually plays irritating characters.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When we're spoilt for 'choice' in terms of people who are 'famous' for doing eff all it does seem odd that this particular woman tops the vote.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is annoying granted, but I certainly don't think she is at the top of the list. I find her irritating but I wouldn't say I 'hated' her since her heart does seem to be in the right place, there are far worse celebs out there imo.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be down to jealousy.

My wonderful family
    My wonderful husband
    I do this
    I buy that
    I write books

I don't mind her at all to honest. She hasn't murdered anyone, dished the dirt on others.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Its probably because she looks like Bianca from EE in the Avengers film ;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why when women say they don't like another woman is it always put down to jealousy... Maybe they just don't like them.. Full stop
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »

My wonderful family
    My wonderful husband
    I do this
    I buy that
    I write books

I don't mind her at all to honest. She hasn't murdered anyone, dished the dirt on others.

Yes. I think that people think she "flaunts" it even though she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth (Steven Spielberg is her godfather etc...) and that's all she's ever known.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »

My wonderful family
    My wonderful husband
    I do this
    I buy that
    I write books

To me she is the living embodiment of the Marie Antoinette 'Let them eat cake' legend. She does come across as very self absorbed and 'I have such a wonderful life, its so easy if everyone did what I told them they would have it to.' She reminds me a lot of my neighbour who is a vegan and constantly going on about her lifestyle, oh I bought the worlds most expensive nut loaf and aren't I just wonderful. I know she doesn't mean it, but I just want to punch her in the face.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a bit mental. I like her. :) I can see why people find her a bit annoying, she is a bit righteous.

I makes me laugh when she described her kids healthy diets...and then they are pictured coming out of a cornershop with their dad with bags of sweets and Wotsits. I also like it when she skypes US tv shows while drunk.

I should find her annoying but I think she's a ray of sunshine, especially compared to the cold behavior of some celebs.

Oh you mean she does get drunk? I though she was all about healthy diets etc

There has been lots of gossip about the state of her marriage that it wouldn't surprise me if a public split happens real soon
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why when women say they don't like another woman is it always put down to jealousy... Maybe they just don't like them.. Full stop

Exactly.
    Whilst I must admit, I wouldn't mind swapping my bank balance for hers, there is no amount of money in the world that could induce me to spend 5 minutes with that whiny, beige, music-murdering husband of hers without wanting to beat him to death with a nut roast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hating someone you don't know is ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.
    Whilst I must admit, I wouldn't mind swapping my bank balance for hers, there is no amount of money in the world that could induce me to spend 5 minutes with that whiny, beige, music-murdering husband of hers without wanting to beat him to death with a nut roast.

Put your hands in the air and step away from the nut roast :p:p

I find both insufferable, can you imagine the evenings? *shudders*
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.
    I think beneath the beige, there's a sense of humour!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDkislwISc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMb5DOLZ4_4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwyneth:"Chris darling,I've put the little angels to bed in their handmade hemp hammocks.Would you care for some of my lovingly home made nut roast smothered in my specially imported tahini (only £5000 per gram from Harrods - soo reasonable and affordable)"
    Chris:" Oh for goodness sake Gwyneth, can't you see I'm trying to write yet another album full of depressing wallpaper music? I'm a close personal friend of Jay-z you know. I'm so Rock and Roll yah"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to see her top the list
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Hating someone you don't know is ridiculous.

Oh I don't hate her.
    I would quite like to wipe the smug, simpering, self-righteous smirk off her face though.:p
    On the bright side, I suppose we should be grateful that she and her miserable husband ended up together-and didn't inflict themselves on two more unsuspecting people.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    GP, never in a million years.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her, in fact I quite like her. If I was that rich I would probably spend my money on the same sort of stuff. There are many more famous people I dislike than her. Tom Cruise for one.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    This. I think this is the only thing that could be said of her that is annoying. She's fairly inoffensive and at least she's a talented actress. Can't see what there is to 'hate' her for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. I think this is the only thing that could be said of her that is annoying. She's fairly inoffensive and at least she's a talented actress. Can't see what there is to 'hate' her for.

Hmmm.
    Frankly, I liked her best when she ended up as a head in a box in Seven.:o