2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Rumoured "Monsters" boxset set for July. 6 discs, with 1 old series story and 1 new series story per old series monster.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have a bit of fun guessing which ones.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Daleks, Cybermen, Autons, Silurians, The Master and Davros maybe? or Ice Warriors?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daleks, Cybermen, Autons, Silurians, The Master and Davros maybe? or Ice Warriors?

They're on amazon as individual discs already: Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Silurians, Davros, The Master.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up the First Doctor adventures Planet of Giants and The Dalek Invasion of Earth and the Fourth Doctor adventure The Deadly Assassin today. I have seen the First Doctor ones with my main watching group (we are on the Second Doctor now), but I have never seen The Deadly Assassin. I can't wait to check it out later tonight once the wife has gone to bed. :)
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I picked up the First Doctor adventures Planet of Giants and The Dalek Invasion of Earth and the Fourth Doctor adventure The Deadly Assassin today. I have seen the First Doctor ones with my main watching group (we are on the Second Doctor now), but I have never seen The Deadly Assassin. I can't wait to check it out later tonight once the wife has gone to bed. :)

The visitation SE just came in the post, although i cant watch it, or the greatest show in the galaxy (which i got yesterday) until the weekend as i am going to Blackpool! Very annoying!
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy Blackpool.

My post doesn't usually arrive until this afternoon so have to wait to see if it turns up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I watched The Deadly Assassin and it was pretty good. I loved seeing more of Gallifrey (although I do remember seeing a bit of it in The Invasion of Time which I remember from watching it as a young adult in the 1980's; I have that one on order at my local store). It was interesting in the fact that The Doctor did not have a companion at all. I was surprised, so I thought that I would check the handy guide:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/12/an-epic-timeline-of-doctor-who-doctors/

and it seems that this adventure is the only one during which The Doctor does not have a companion whatsoever. :)
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Well, I watched The Deadly Assassin and it was pretty good. I loved seeing more of Gallifrey (although I do remember seeing a bit of it in The Invasion of Time which I remember from watching it as a young adult in the 1980's; I have that one on order at my local store). It was interesting in the fact that The Doctor did not have a companion at all. I was surprised, so I thought that I would check the handy guide:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/12/an-epic-timeline-of-doctor-who-doctors/

and it seems that this adventure is the only one during which The Doctor does not have a companion whatsoever. :)

At the request of Tom Baker I believe.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    At the request of Tom Baker I believe.

yeah it was either none or the talking cabbage :D
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    yeah it was either none or the talking cabbage :D

Don't be rude about poor Adric please :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Blackpool's cancelled, as half way there we got a phone call to say that my great grandma had died! That was unexpected!
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Blackpool's cancelled, as half way there we got a phone call to say that my great grandma had died! That was unexpected!

Sorry to hear about your Great Grandma
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your loss, hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of watching The Visitation Special Edition.

Hi, everyone, hope all you regulars of this thread are well. I've recently bought Ambassadors of Death, Claws of Axos Special Edition and Vengeance on Varos Special Edition. Also placed a Pre-orer for the Dalek Limited Edition Blu-Ray set.

Really looking forward to watching Ambassadors, I've never seen it before, anything on it to look out for, and what would you all give it out of ten?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your Great Grandma
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of your loss, hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of watching The Visitation Special Edition.

Hi, everyone, hope all you regulars of this thread are well. I've recently bought Ambassadors of Death, Claws of Axos Special Edition and Vengeance on Varos Special Edition. Also placed a Pre-orer for the Dalek Limited Edition Blu-Ray set.

Really looking forward to watching Ambassadors, I've never seen it before, anything on it to look out for, and what would you all give it out of ten?

That's fine guys, really appreciate it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spotted a massive glitch with the visitation SE! when you go onto episode selection, it shows the Tom baker titles! anyone else got this??!!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spotted a massive glitch with the visitation SE! when you go onto episode selection, it shows the Tom baker titles! anyone else got this??!!

Yes I spotted the other day.there has been a bit of a stink kicked up about it on the gallefrey base site. Its strange how this has happened as the correct titles were on the original release.its not a massive issue but its very shoddy the number of dvd s released with errors such as invisible enemy,the daemons,revelation of the daleks and.I am sure there are others. Sorry to hear about your great grandma.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I spotted the other day.there has been a bit of a stink kicked up about it on the gallefrey base site. Its strange how this has happened as the correct titles were on the original release.its not a massive issue but its very shoddy the number of dvd s released with errors such as invisible enemy,the daemons,revelation of the daleks and.I am sure there are others. Sorry to hear about your great grandma.

that's fine mate, thanks :D
    Wander if BBC worldwide know about this problem, but like you said, it's not that much of a major deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sorry to hear about your great-grandmother. I only had a great grandparent when I was very young and I now only have one grandparent (I am 44 and she is 87). You were blessed to have her for so long. :) I pray that she was a believer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sorry to hear about your great-grandmother. I only had a great grandparent when I was very young and I now only have one grandparent (I am 44 and she is 87). You were blessed to have her for so long. :) I pray that she was a believer.

well she was 94 and it was her time, but i have no idea if she was a believer :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well she was 94 and it was her time, but i have no idea if she was a believer :D

Ah, the age of my other grandmother when she was called home. You must be a bit younger than I. A great man (Emo Phillips) once said "It's not that I am so much older than you so much as that I was born at a more comfortable distance to the apocalypse". :):):)
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the age of my other grandmother when she was called home. You must be a bit younger than I. A great man (Emo Phillips) once said "It's not that I am so much older than you so much as that I was born at a more comfortable distance to the apocalypse". :):):)

Hardly the place for religious views! However, now that you have raised it, I will just add the following. My mother goes to church on Saturday evenings, I watch Doctor Who. At least I accept that my hobby is based on fiction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly the place for religious views! However, now that you have raised it, I will just add the following. My mother goes to church on Saturday evenings, I watch Doctor Who. At least I accept that my hobby is based on fiction!

haha lol
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the surprise of no one, the series 7 part 2 dvd release has been bumped from May 20th to May 27th.

Guess they realized the risk of The Name of the Doctor leaking was kinda high.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To each his own, to each his own. :) However, I thought that my name alone would have been an indicator of my views. (And, yes, that is actually my first name as it was my grandfather's name.)