Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, we loved the first series, and thought this new beginning was good, but could be better.

Problem 1: Straight rip-off from Dementors. Quite surprised JKR hasn't sued.

Problem 2: Why is Prince Charming still referring to Snow White as Mary-Margaret? He, and everyone else now knows her ID.

Problem 3: Why doesn't Mulan recognize the most famous person in fairyland?

possibly because she is in, for want of a better word, civilian clothing and unconcious in a pile of rubble with her face not showing
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    possibly because she is in, for want of a better word, civilian clothing and unconcious in a pile of rubble with her face not showing

And her hair is very short:)
  • x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching this today. I loved it - can't wait for next week.

It's annoying me who Dr Whale is and that no one in Storybrooke knows either. They all knew who the others were! I'm hoping August/Pinocchio are back too. I think the man at the start must be Bae too but no doubt there will be a few twists along the way.

For those talking about Wraiths/dementors rip off, I agree with the people saying JKR did not invent wraiths. They were even in LOTR (ringwraiths) which was written in the 1930's!!!

Anyway, can't wait until episode 2! I've so far avoided all spoilers from this series and will continue to do so, so I can watch it 'fresh'
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    WHAT? IT'S STARTED?! WOOOO. HAD NO IDEA. :D

Sorry for caps, but it's quite exciting :o
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ That's ok! We understand. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I want to know is if August is still alive? He was my favourite character last season. Plus, he's pretty easy on the eye.
  • LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone watches the hour-long recap, they might get a better idea of who's returning (judging by who gets recapped). On the other hand, maybe the producers know that's what people will think...
    Forum Member
    Watching the show now, I thought it looked like a Dementor from the opening sequence.. but wtf. Wasn't expecting Harry Potter.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Good episode, especially enjoyed Gold and Queenie. Great to have the show back :)

My only grumble is the charisma void created by teaming up Charming (Ha!) and Henry :p
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great first ep.

Loved the twist with the fairytale flashback not being a flashback.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Emilie de Ravin doing?
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed episode 2... but wished there was more about the snow/emma storyline... hopefully next week will focus more on them.

I also like the idea that the evil queen might evolve.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Had to quote this from reddit, made me laugh:

"Can we all just appreciate that Snow White hit Sleeping Beauty and then was attacked by Mulan.
    WHERE IS YOUR CHILDHOOD NOW?"
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching 2nd episode right now. Glad that we are seeing more of the Queen's past, that led her to who she is now.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Had to quote this from reddit, made me laugh:

"Can we all just appreciate that Snow White hit Sleeping Beauty and then was attacked by Mulan.
    WHERE IS YOUR CHILDHOOD NOW?"

:D:D:D

I loved the ending to the episode. Cora showing up in the present timelime - AMAZING! I was worried she was lost forever when Regina sent her into the looking glass. :)

I look forward to the interaction between her and Snow especially, considering their history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Apart from the Cora/Regina stuff, I didn't really like the episode if I'm honest. Charming bores me, we had no Belle, and only a little Red :(

I wonder where August has gone!
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xgem90x wrote: »
    Apart from the Cora/Regina stuff, I didn't really like the episode if I'm honest. Charming bores me, we had no Belle, and only a little Red :(

I wonder where August has gone!

We saw him still lying there as a block of wood. Hopefully someone will help him, otherwise he's going to have a boring time of it!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    We saw him still lying there as a block of wood. Hopefully someone will help him, otherwise he's going to have a boring time of it!
    He was gone when his Father came to his room at the end though.

Curious as to why Regina does not remember Jefferson/Mad Hatter, that wasn't explained last season was it?

I don't think the Townspeople trying to leave thought it through. Once they forget their Enchanted Forest lives then they would not remember Regina being the Evil Queen and therefore would have no reason to leave Storybrooke. So once they crossed the barrier they would just think "What am I doing" and go back home.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it when Regina is in full flow. She's truly sexy/fierce.

Still, too much Prince Bland this week, and not enough of Snow and Emma.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Sleeping Beauty's acting has been more wooden than Pinocchio's lately.

Sorry had to get that in there somewhere. :p
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Still, too much Prince Bland this week, and not enough of Snow and Emma.

It was worse than that ... Prince Bland accompanied by Henry. The worst screen sucking tandem possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was worse than that ... Prince Bland accompanied by Henry. The worst screen sucking tandem possible.

Their combined on-screen charisma is as interesting as a tissue.

I f***in love August so want him back on-screen soon. Red's been great recently too, hopefully we'll see more of her.
    Forum Member
    Charming should wear less clothes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched both eps, wow the first ep was so good, then they follow up with that snooze fest! Loved the fairytale land, and the end, but other then that... yawn.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, just watched episode 2.......

David/Henry - urgh and the whole episode was mainly David - I dont know what it is about him but :mad:

the only saving grace in that episode was the backstory to Regina - who I love!

very disappointed there was no Emma and Snow