Craig David: Extreme Body Change!

2»

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    He said that because of Bo Selecta no one would take him seriously.

Was he ever taken seriously?
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His head looks disastrous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His head looks disastrous!

:D:D:D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that's some kind of mental disorder??
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked alright when he made his comeback in around 2005 and had beefed up but he's really overdone it there! Ugh!
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Craig David as being one of the worst interviews I've ever seen when he appeared on the Jonathan Ross show years ago. He barely said two words and the whole thing dragged and dragged and was painfully awkward.

Fair enough that some people are shy and might not like the media game, but I wondered why CD even bothered turning up to that taping.

I remember that too. He had no personality and nothing interesting to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    For me it was many of his songs were about how 'successful' he was and how he was such a player ... wonder who he was trying to persuade.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was overweight as a kid, obviously he still has mental issues about his body image.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonm01 wrote: »
    I remember that too. He had no personality and nothing interesting to say.

He had nothing to say, period. Literally he is one of the most uncommunicative human beings I've ever seen.

Although, to be fair, he was better on the Fearne Cotton programme he did...
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first reaction like a lot of people's is revulsion, followed by the observation that this person must have far too much time on their hands. Then, thinking on, you have to consider the mental state of the person (as others here have) - and how much it seems to mean to them that people 'envy' their body. When you take into account that no, people do not envy them, and they are setting ridiculously unreasonable standards for themselves that eventually they will either fail to maintain or get seriously ill trying to, it's just all rather sad.

I remember reading an article about 5 years or so back that went undercover at one of these bodybuilding conventions/contests and without embellishment, each of the people interviewed seemed like very unhappy people. It seems to be every bit a mental issue (and every bit as dangerous) as anorexia or compulsive eating.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    My first reaction like a lot of people's is revulsion, followed by the observation that this person must have far too much time on their hands. Then, thinking on, you have to consider the mental state of the person

I do agree. Craig David has always come across as desperate to prove himself and like he's constantly overcompensating for something. In that respect, I feel for him. It's a shame people can't seek help of some sort before potentially destroying themselves, especially someone in Craig's position where they have enough money to get the very best help there is.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The body looks great. Face, not so much.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    I love how he tried to blame Bo Selecta for destroying the pitiful career he had, yet it didn't stop him appearing on the show.

Even though the Bo Selecta ridicule didn't help...he didn't help himself by going from doing songs like 'Rewind' and which sounded fresh with its Garage sound, to doing middle of the road ballads like 'Rise & Fall' from Sting, he lost his edge and his young fan-base.

its easy to forget just how big he was with his first album, it went 6 x Platinum in the UK, and Platinum in the US.

that said, according to the Times rich list he is worth £8Million, which is good going for someone who only had 2 hit albums, and no big sponsorship deals. Its clear he's spent his money wisely and not blown it all partying.