George Michael Falls Out Of Car

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Will it be a case of bedside stories?
    COPS have not yet spoken to George Michael FIVE days after he was found bloodied and bruised in the middle of a motorway.

The singer, 49, was still in hospital last night after cheating death when he tumbled from a Range Rover at 70mph.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on..... he's still in hospital? Sounds a bit more than some cuts and bruises if he is. I think he tried to top himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    Hang on..... he's still in hospital? Sounds a bit more than some cuts and bruises if he is. I think he tried to top himself.

Presumably it's because he sustained some head injuries.

It does sound like his publicist is trying to downplay things. But that might just be to avoid worrying people.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Why are people assuming that he wants to kill himself? He seemed very happy that he survived pneumonia! Have I missed something?

I think it's because he "fell" out of a Range rover at 70 mph on the motorway .
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    I think it's because he "fell" out of a Range rover at 70 mph on the motorway .

Well - Like I said, maybe I'm missing something, because I still don't see how that automatically equates to a suicide attempt.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please do tell.I'll I know is that he claimed to run over himself while throwing up after eating to many baked potatoes.:confused::confused: What happened?
    Had his leg broken over debts to a drug dealer. Allegedly.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Go out once in awhile mate, not all British women look like the scruffs on Jeremy Kyle.

You do realise it's perfectly possible to disagree with someone without resorting to personal insults and rudeness, don't you?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    George didn't take a leap of faith....
    George Michael did not hurl himself from his Range Rover on purpose, a pal insisted last night.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Of course they'd say that. But I'm not buying it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    This is all really weird.

Infact the weirdest thing I've heard a celebrity do in a long time.

I don't buy any of the bull his publicist is spouting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all really weird.

Infact the weirdest thing I've heard a celebrity do in a long time.

I don't buy any of the bull his publicist is spouting.

I agree. It's a bizarre story and I really do doubt it. Something just doesn't seem right, right down to the photogenic woman who helped out. With George Michael's history of drugs, you can't take stuff like this at face value.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a strange way to commit suicide. It's more likely someone would take pills or slash their wrists. GM has his problems but he doesn't seem like a suicidal type.
    Forum Member
    On May 17 the day of the crash there was this statement....
    George Michael was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a traffic accident yesterday evening, no third party was involved. He is being treated for superficial cuts and bruises but is fine. We have no further comment at this time.

But 4 days later it was reported he was still in hospital and could still be there ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    On May 17 the day of the crash there was this statement....

But 4 days later it was reported he was still in hospital and could still be there ?

Exactly!::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Seems like a strange way to commit suicide. It's more likely someone would take pills or slash their wrists. GM has his problems but he doesn't seem like a suicidal type.

I don't think he was trying to commit suicide, just that we're not being told the truth about how this incident happened.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    So he obviously wasn't wearing his seat belt. So it serves him right. He is so lucky to have survived without losing his skin - as many a motorcyclist will tell you - tarmac v skin - the tarmac ALWAYS wins.

I feel more sorry for all the motorists affected by this.
    Blueju wrote: »
    I don't think we ever get the full story regards George Michael and the bizarre episodes relating to him. He could have been responsible for a massive pile up with this action let alone killed himself.

as someone living near Junction 8 I was affected by the traffic jam this caused.... sorry but whatever happened it was a miracle no one else was killed by his, at the very least, irresponsible behaviour....

So if this was a deliberate act should the police not be looking at charging him with endangering life? or at the very least travelling without a seatbelt.....

Selfish, spoilt b@stard imho
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    as someone living near Junction 8 I was affected by the traffic jam this caused.... sorry but whatever happened it was a miracle no one else was killed by his, at the very least, irresponsible behaviour....

So if this was a deliberate act should the police not be looking at charging him with endangering life? or at the very least travelling without a seatbelt.....

Selfish, spoilt b@stard imho

Good Lord..:eek:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the fellow was merely trying to close the door as it wasn't shut properly so he opened it as you do to close it again and it must have blew open and he fell out.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is that perhaps, being the troubled darling that he is, a panic attack gripped him.

Whatever happened I sincerely wish him well.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how in this article a spokesperson for range rover claims
    that all its modern Range Rovers, like the one George Michael was in, have a sophisticated warning system to tell the driver — and passengers — if any of the car doors are not fully closed.

As well as a warning light on the dashboard, a loud and high-pitched bleeping noise sounds continuously until the door is shut properly

Don't all cars have this nowadays? I know my vauxhall has, oh I do apologize to range rover if theirs is a much more "sophisticated" set up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330408/Did-George-Michael-hurl-HIMSELF-Range-Rover-70mph-M1.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We commented on that ^ a page or so ago. My other half has a Range Rover and the noise it makes when a door isn't shut correctly is very loud and insistent. I doubt anyone could ignore or not notice it by the time they got onto a motorway.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he was trying to commit suicide, just that we're not being told the truth about how this incident happened.

Maybe they don't know what happened. It seems to me the only person that knows why the door was opened was George Michael. If he has a head injury, he may not remember what happened. It's not like he would had told the driver why he was opening the door.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I thought the fellow was merely trying to close the door as it wasn't shut properly so he opened it as you do to close it again and it must have blew open and he fell out.

So why did he wait until he was on the motorway to do it? Why not as soon as the alarm thingy went off (which presumably would have happened as soon as the car started moving)? And why wasn't he wearing a seatbelt?

As has already been said, he put many lives in danger, regardless of his reason for doing what he was doing. There could have easily been a multi-vehicle pile-up, and he's very lucky that the vehicle behind him wasn't a huge articulated lorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had wondered about a door alarm. You're right; it is the sort of thing you would do when the car was just starting (like when you're about to leave the driveway and are going very, very slowly).

Is George still in hospital? That's a long stay for what were described as 'superficial' injuries.

All very sad (and rather odd). :(