The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    Just imagine Rosemary..a Jedward weekend at Butlins! Everyone could book rooms and have a rather good party! :D Jedwardians take over Butlins :eek::D

((((((Rosemary)))))

I've imagined this from the get go! :cool:
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silverhand wrote: »
    Is it possible that they are making some sort of personal appearance at Butlins (or doing some sort of endorsement), but not performing?

The first tweet saying there are 'no plans' in place was responding to a query about them 'performing' and the original tweet didn't suggest there was a concert or any sort of performance involved.

Anyway, like others have said, let's wait and see.

(Rosemary, sorry to hear you've tough stuff going on in RL at the moment - hope things look up soon *hugs* :))

Thanks :) I think its probably making things feel much worse than they actually are at the moment :)
    flowerduck wrote: »
    Just imagine Rosemary..a Jedward weekend at Butlins! Everyone could book rooms and have a rather good party! :D Jedwardians take over Butlins :eek::D

((((((Rosemary)))))

That could be rather fun :) though I'm a bit sad that I won't be able to go ..

Hopefully whatever happens will work out for the best for the twins :)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    So you mean the rehearsals that take place in Baku? I think Flyingcamel was asking about the rehearsals taking place now.

Oh yes, so I see! Well, apparently the Jedward stage is not completed yet (it has been under construction for the last three weeks), so they're certainly not rehearsing on it at the moment. But it must be very close to being finished, as it will have to be shipped out to Baku before the twins, so I imagine they will get a few days rehearsal time on it, maybe some time next week.

This means btw we won't get to see it before they leave for Eurovision. They're definitely not going to reveal anything of their ESC staging or choreography before the rehearsals.
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The Young Love video is now up to 412k views :)

Interestingly, because of the way it is filmed, a lot of the new viewers think "Jedward" is one guy on his own:D
    The youtube views map is fascinating me. There are more people watching it in USA than Russia, which has surprised me and it's really popular in Alaska and India! The fact that people watching it don't even realise they're looking at twins shows they've tapped into a whole new audience! Maybe this is the start of the twins becoming a worldwide phenomenon!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    The youtube views map is fascinating me. There are more people watching it in USA than Russia, which has surprised me and it's really popular in Alaska and India! The fact that people watching it don't even realise they're looking at twins shows they've tapped into a whole new audience! Maybe this is the start of the twins becoming a worldwide phenomenon!:D

And Young Love might just be the song to do it Disnae. It's quite obvious that the international audience likes this particular look and sound....perhaps most of their uptempo stuff woudn't get this reaction. If ever they are to have an international breakthrough single, it may well be with this one :)
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    And Young Love might just be the song to do it Disnae. It's quite obvious that the international audience likes this particular look and sound....perhaps most of their uptempo stuff woudn't get this reaction. If ever they are to have an international breakthrough single, it may well be with this one :)
    *fingers crossed* this could be the one!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about Young Love, it's now the 2nd most watched JedwardTV vid ever :eek: 449644 views in 2 days. Bad Behaviour is still in the lead (not for much time I should add) with 501657 views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about Young Love, it's now the 2nd most watched JedwardTV vid ever :eek: 449644 views in 2 days. Bad Behaviour is still in the lead (not for much time I should add) with 501657 views.

That record will be smashed by midnight flyingcamel : the video is now on over 480k views :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New snippet from another song on the album, "Happens in the Dark":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mxakFZeLQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=
    silverhand;57899070]New snippet from another song on the album "Happens in the Dark":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mxakFZeLQ[/QUOTE]

They look even better in this one. I see they have explained that they are twins this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love it! The album sounds GREAT so far :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    They look even better in this one. I see they have explained that they are twins this time.

Well observed, no1clothes. It looks like they've seen all the comments on the 'Young Love' video where the posters assumed they were just one person.

Have they filmed this in their back garden? That fence looks familiar. . .

I like this. It's a cute song, and has a nice, fresh, summery vibe. :) Think 'Young Love' is my favourite so far, though; it's been difficult to dislodge it from my head the past couple of days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This one sounds quite One Direction :)

Young Love is my fave of the three we've heard so far followed by What's Your Number and then 'Happens' but all three are good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one not getting the Young Love instant love. I really like What's your number, and this Happens in the dark is great, so positive. Young Love it's my current #3, it's the only one of the 3 that hasn't been stuck in my head since I first listened to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one not getting the Young Love instant love. I really like What's your number, and this Happens in the dark is great, so positive. Young Love it's my current #3, it's the only one of the 3 that hasn't been stuck in my head since I first listened to it.

As boyband type ballads go, Young Love is a very nice one and one you can hum after a couple of listens.

But the overall standard of the three songs sounds great and on a par with Victory (which was an excellent album in itself) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As boyband type ballads go, Young Love is a very nice one and one you can hum after a couple of listens.

But the overall standard of the three songs sounds great and on a par with Victory (which was an excellent album in itself) :)

Agreed. It's quality stuff. :) I'd say the sound of this album is more 'mainstream' than Victory, though; it seems more in line with most of the material that's pitched at the teen market these days.

Just speculation, but I wonder is this album the twins' pitch to get picked up by Universal UK? They seem to have toned down what some might perceive as the 'novelty' factor a lot in the promo ( and also in the sound, which is much less europop than Victory, and seems closer to UK music tastes).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Young Love album (so far) has more commercial value which may make some people take a look at Victory. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It's quality stuff. :) I'd say the sound of this album is more 'mainstream' than Victory, though; it seems more in line with most of the material that's pitched at the teen market these days.

Just speculation, but I wonder is this album the twins' pitch to get picked up by Universal UK? They seem to have toned down what some might perceive as the 'novelty' factor a lot in the promo ( and also in the sound, which is much less europop than Victory, and seems closer to UK music tastes).

Seems like a pitch to me. Much more commercial. Flat hair and less novelty clothing. So far. These have just been tasters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's interesting that they've gone with some new songwriters on this album Silverhand. Apparently Nick Jarl (the Waterline guy) has written a few tracks, so it would appear they've very deliberately gone for a new and more mature sound (though What's Your Number sounds very much like a Priddy / Larsson/ Jensen production).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awkward moment when you remember that the twins will be performing these songs in Westlife's farewell tour and you wonder if they're trying to appeal that kind of audience :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awkward moment when you remember that the twins will be performing these songs in Westlife's farewell tour and you wonder if they're trying to appeal that kind of audience :cool:

I can see that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

excellent point!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's hoping that they might even perform on BGT! I doubt it, but it would be great it they were :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just as long as they don't sit on two of the dreaded stools for Young Love and then stand up for the key change :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Wow, I'm very impressed by Happens In The Dark! :) Young Love seems to be getting better and better, which is making me even more excited to hear the whole album in full. I'm really hoping this is a turning point for them that they really deserve in terms of recognition to their music and not just their personalities. I've got a very good gut feeling that this year is going to be a great one for them :D

They're great at getting people to take notice of them too. Doing the reply sessions on the taster videos is so clever of them, and they do a much better job than their record label! I'm a proud fan at how far they have come :D
This discussion has been closed.