The End Of Time was truley awful... wasnt it?

Comments

• lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I still watch it,there is just one episode from the last series that I havent watched yet, but at the moment its not grabbing me, but I know that eventually it will :) I am hoping I will like it better when the Ponds leave and we can get back to the Doctor being the centre of the Who universe again.

I wonder if that will happen under Moffat's direction. I have the feeling the new companion might take centrestage (I haven't read any spoilers by the way).

We'll see how it goes. I enjoyed the last few series well enough.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still watch it,there is just one episode from the last series that I havent watched yet, but at the moment its not grabbing me, but I know that eventually it will :) I am hoping I will like it better when the Ponds leave and we can get back to the Doctor being the centre of the Who universe again.

I really dont see why people seem to think Moffs Whoniverse has focused entirely on Rory and Amy. We've had whole episodes with out seeing them(ish) and most episodes focus mainly on the Doc. I think it's just cos we've had them 2 longer than we've had other new series companions and they seem more important but their not really. If anything RTD's era seemed more about the companion than the Moffs does. Yes the series 5 finale hinged on Amy but I'll remind you all how it was Rose who saved the day in series 1, Martha who saved the day in series 3, and Donna who saved the day in series 4. I really like Amy and Rory, they and River are my favourite companions.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't we had at least two other threads on the same topic? One of which lasted for many many pages...
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I dont think it has focused entirely on the Ponds, but sometimes their story seems to take over and 11 is left like a spare part in the background, I want the Doctor to be the most important person in Who, and I shall be glad when Pond leaves as she grates on my last nerve.

Now I know how Rose haters felt,lol.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think it has focused entirely on the Ponds, but sometimes their story seems to take over and 11 is left like a spare part in the background, I want the Doctor to be the most important person in Who, and I shall be glad when Pond leaves as she grates on my last nerve.

Now I know how Rose haters felt,lol.
    I wonder if you will feel the same if she dies horribly while the Doctor watches unable to do anything, leaving him broken forever....;)
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I wonder if you will feel the same if she dies horribly while the Doctor watches unable to do anything, leaving him broken forever....;)

Yes !! I will love that, he always gets over it ;) the more gruesome the better,lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes !! I will love that, he always gets over it ;) the more gruesome the better,lol
    I agree with that, but not for the same reasons as I do quite like Amy and Rory. :o Although I guarantee this forum would be covered in argument juice for a week! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I think it does get an overly harsh drubbing - sure there was a couple of cringe making moments, the one for me is the Doctor leaping from a moving spaceship, falling for god knows how high, crashing through a plate glass roof, spatting on a marble floor, & then getting up, where as Doctor four fell off a pylon, landed on grass & had to regenerate.

But there was good bits too, especially Bernard Cribbens, who stole the episode for me.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It always surprises me when a OP presents a wellknown marmite topic of the forum and asks for support for their hate of an episode that pretty much is known to attract controversial views anyway.

Here is a thread on the same topic from just a few days/weeks ago http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1656596&highlight=end+of+time (deals with David's goodbye).

It seems that these sorts of threads are quite often about DT's tenure as Doctor. Which is why I usually ignore them - my opinion about him is well known and it's not going to change because some FM slags him off, whether it's just to cause an argument or not :D

It almost makes me want to reply in Ting's time honoured way - that's all in the past, must we harp on about it endlessly? Time to move on, Tennant isn't the Doctor any more etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems that these sorts of threads are quite often about DT's tenure as Doctor. Which is why I usually ignore them - my opinion about him is well known and it's not going to change because some FM slags him off, whether it's just to cause an argument or not :D

It almost makes me want to reply in Ting's time honoured way - that's all in the past, must we harp on about it endlessly? Time to move on, Tennant isn't the Doctor any more etc.
    What opinion is that? ;):D
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Can't agree with anything the OP has to say about these episodes. I thoroughly enjoyed them both, thought DT had a great send off, loved seeing all the old companions again and of course Bernard Cribbins stole the show. The only thing I didn't like was, as someone has already said, The master zooming through the sky was just silly. Timothy Dalton was brilliantly evil as Rassilon, spitting (literally0 fire and brimstone in his manner. I was glad the Timelords were sent back as I thing the programme is better off without them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What opinion is that? ;):D

There wasn't quite enough tears and angst! ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There wasn't quite enough tears and angst! ;):D
    Are you kidding there was loaaaaaaaads. :D There isn't quite enough NOW (but I have a tiny feeling this is about to change) ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding there was loaaaaaaaads. :D There isn't quite enough NOW (but I have a tiny feeling this is about to change) ;)

There's never enough for me. :D

I hope you're right that we'll be getting some more. Sadly, not everyone agrees with us about this.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's never enough for me. :D

I hope you're right that we'll be getting some more. Sadly, not everyone agrees with us about this.:D
    That's putting it mildly, I was banned from another site for my 'deranged scenarios' the other day :o
    By the way, what do you think of the Time Lords returning? I'm undecided. It might mean less tears and angst but I can also think of a few very interesting things they could do to them...err I mean storylines they could do with them! :):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's putting it mildly, I was banned from another site for my 'deranged scenarios' the other day :o
    By the way, what do you think of the Time Lords returning? I'm undecided. It might mean less tears and angst but I can also think of a few very interesting things they could do to them...I mean storylines they could do with them! :):D

I wouldn't mind the Time Lords returning if they included the Doctor's mother,father, wife, children and grandchildren, so that he could lose them all tragically and perhaps even horrifically all over again.:(:cry:

Banned for your deranged scenarios? I can't believe it! (Your posts on here seem a bit toned down lately, btw, is that deliberate?)
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 1 wasn't great apart from the scene in the cafe between the Doctor and Wilf. He never normally knows when regeneration is coming so it was interesting to see his vulnerability. More of this in part 2. In terms of story, it was a mess of an episode but the ending was good. Part 2 for me wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Yes it wasn't great and if you think about the storyline for more than 5 seconds it falls apart (the bit with the gun and which of them to shoot? really?) And Rassilon's comment about the last act of his life? Wow. However, that said, despite the over-indulgence of the regeneration it wasn't a bad two-parter and Matt's first scene was brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the Time Lords returning if they included the Doctor's mother,father, wife, children and grandchildren, so that he could lose them all tragically and perhaps even horrifically all over again.:(:cry:
    Seriously?! You'll be banned at this rate! :eek::D
    I was thinking have them back permanently either evil, having a civil war amongst themselves, about to be wiped out again and the Doctor has to save them, or a combination of those. :)
    ]
    Banned for your deranged scenarios? I can't believe it! (Your posts on here seem a bit toned down lately, btw, is that deliberate?)
    Well I'm not 100% sure but I can't see why else, and there were complaints. Do you think my posts have been toned down? It's not intentional, more I've been posting less generally because I'm busy. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously?! You'll be banned at this rate! :eek::D
    I was thinking have them back permanently either evil, having a civil war amongst themselves, about to be wiped out again and the Doctor has to save them, or a combination of those. :)

Well I'm not 100% sure but I can't see why else, and there were complaints. Do you think my posts have been toned down? It's not intentional, more I've been posting less generally because I'm busy. :)

I haven't seen any reference in your recent posts to the Doctor's eyelids being sewn up, for instance. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen any reference in your recent posts to the Doctor's eyelids being sewn up, for instance. :D
    Well I would like to keep my posting priveleges, thanks. Shall I tell you the other idea I had that they could do to - I mean with - the Time Lords? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I would like to keep my posting priveleges, thanks. Shall I tell you the other ideas I had that they could do to - I mean with - the Time Lords? :D

OK if you aren't worried about a ban.

(I assume it's not that they all take up knitting and sit around knitting vests for deprived children while quoting uplifting poetry).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK if you aren't worried about a ban.

(I assume it's not that they all take up knitting and sit around knotting vests for deprived children while quoting uplifting poetry).

Well it's quite uplifting at first. The Doctor manages to sort something so he can undo the Time Lock and restore them properly, and stops the Daleks getting all-powerful and destroying everything. Then he stops the Time Lords getting too powerful either and they get a leader who knows what they're doing and isn't crazy or dangerous like Rassilon. It's generally how it used to be before the Time War. :)
    Then one month later, Gallifrey gets a worldwide epidemic of Failed Regeneration Virus. Oops, nobody saw that one coming did they?
    Cue lots of totally unnecessary scenes of Time Lords staggering around in the streets with their regenerations going horribly wrong, saying 'Please kill me', trying to regenerate again and it going even worse, it still doesn't cure them so they die anyway, falling off buildings, being hit by the wreckage of crashed TARDISes etc. :o
    Oh and the Doctor can't go there to do anything about it because he'd die too. Then while the Time Lords are in that state the Daleks take the opportunity to absolutely destroy them because they can't defend themselves. Or is the last part going a bit far? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's quite uplifting at first. The Doctor manages to sort something so he can undo the Time Lock and restore them properly, and stops the Daleks getting all-powerful and destroying everything. Then he stops the Time Lords getting too powerful either and they get a leader who knows what they're doing and isn't crazy or dangerous like Rassilon. It's generally how it used to be before the Time War. :)
    Then one month later, Gallifrey gets a worldwide epidemic of Failed Regeneration Virus. Oops, nobody saw that one coming did they?
    Cue lots of totally unnecessary scenes of Time Lords staggering around in the streets with their regenerations going horribly wrong, saying 'Please kill me', trying to regenerate again and it going even worse, it still doesn't cure them so they die anyway, falling off buildings, being hit by the wreckage of crashed TARDISes etc. :o
    Oh and the Doctor can't go there to do anything about it because he'd die too. Then while the Time Lords are in that state the Daleks take the opportunity to absolutely destroy them because they can't defend themselves. Or is the last part going a bit far? :eek:

That's actually very good. Seriously. But the Doctor would have to save the day in the end in some way, wouldn't he, or it would be too bleak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's actually very good. Seriously. But the Doctor would have to save the day in the end in some way, wouldn't he, or it would be too bleak.
    I was thinking the whole point would be him finding out how to stop it, if they just came back then died again it'd be pretty random and pointless. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the whole point would be him finding out how to stop it, if they just came back then died again it'd be pretty random and pointless. :D

So if he stops it, would the Timelords be saved, or would it be too late because they had been killed by the Daleks?