ITV Daytime: 2014 has definitely shown improvement?

zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
Forum Member
I think it has shown improvement, what shows have we had (cue long list!)
Good Morning Britain
Jo Frosts family matters
The Speakmans
Judge Rinder
Who's doing the dishes?
Secret dealers
As well as new series of:
The Alan Titchmarsh Show
The Paul 'o grady show

and much much more, including new look Lorraine, This Morning and soon Loose women.

Imo the fact they are trying out new shows is great and shows commitment to keeping the channel feel fresh and new look shows and shows returning for new series also shows passion and confidence in the ITV brand. I have also noticed, not sure if anyone has, that there seems to have been a slight reduction in advertising, if this is the case then again it shows how they are trying to build the ITV brand back up on shows rather than advertising. Personally, I would love to see in the afternoon The Speakmans, Judge Rinder and Who's doing the dishes? All in the same afternoon. Not forgetting The Chase of course!

And that's the final thing, whilst The Chase was off this summer we had The 21st Question which I think was a little dry and for some reason didn't work, but then we had Gift Wrapped and with Eamonn and Ruth I felt these were perfect hosts despite mixed reactions and if The Chase was to be replaced by either I would prefere Gift Wrapped.

My only criticism is that these shows are on for a while then they finish and we don't know when they'll be back which, for the shows you like, can be a tad disappointing as you grow into the routine of becoming comfortable with its scheduling, learn to enjoy it and then it ends :( which can be dissatisfing!

What do you think? Has ITV Daytime really turned a corner for 2014?*

Comments

• H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zak_g wrote: »
    I think it has shown improvement, what shows have we had (cue long list!)
    Good Morning Britain
    Jo Frosts family matters
    The Speakmans
    Judge Rinder
    Who's doing the dishes?
    Secret dealers
    As well as new series of:
    The Alan Titchmarsh Show
    The Paul 'o grady show

and much much more, including new look Lorraine, This Morning and soon Loose women.

Imo the fact they are trying out new shows is great and shows commitment to keeping the channel feel fresh and new look shows and shows returning for new series also shows passion and confidence in the ITV brand. I have also noticed, not sure if anyone has, that there seems to have been a slight reduction in advertising, if this is the case then again it shows how they are trying to build the ITV brand back up on shows rather than advertising. Personally, I would love to see in the afternoon The Speakmans, Judge Rinder and Who's doing the dishes? All in the same afternoon. Not forgetting The Chase of course!

And that's the final thing, whilst The Chase was off this summer we had The 21st Question which I think was a little dry and for some reason didn't work, but then we had Gift Wrapped and with Eamonn and Ruth I felt these were perfect hosts despite mixed reactions and if The Chase was to be replaced by either I would prefere Gift Wrapped.

My only criticism is that these shows are on for a while then they finish and we don't know when they'll be back which, for the shows you like, can be a tad disappointing as you grow into the routine of becoming comfortable with its scheduling, learn to enjoy it and then it ends :( which can be dissatisfing!

What do you think? Has ITV Daytime really turned a corner for 2014?*

There is still plenty of room for improvement. I would like some country based programmes in the schedule. Country walks etc.

Or a series about the police, fire rescue, hospital.

The Speakmans, Jo Frost, Dishes, Gift Wrapped have all flopped in the schedule. The Paul O' Grady show is unlikely to be coming back since it only managed around 1.5m in the 5pm slot.

They have commissioned a char show with Bake-Off hosts Mel and Sue for next year which should do well. And Judge Rinder has done well at 2pm with over 1m (14%-17%) for each episode and will return later this year.

The Chase and Tipping Point should be in the 4pm and 5pm slot for 70% of the year to ensure a strong later afternoon.

There is still long way to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    When do this is leeds start and North Yorkshire TV start?
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is still plenty of room for improvement. I would like some country based programmes in the schedule. Country walks etc.

Or a series about the police, fire rescue, hospital.

The Speakmans, Jo Frost, Dishes, Gift Wrapped have all flopped in the schedule. The Paul O' Grady show is unlikely to be coming back since it only managed around 1.5m in the 5pm slot.

They have commissioned a char show with Bake-Off hosts Mel and Sue for next year which should do well. And Judge Rinder has done well at 2pm with over 1m (14%-17%) for each episode and will return later this year.

The Chase and Tipping Point should be in the 4pm and 5pm slot for 70% of the year to ensure a strong later afternoon.

There is still long way to go.

Do we need MORE country stuff? I'm sick of it, I'm pretty sure BBC have got middle-class yuppie daytime tied up. If I see another series of Escape to the Country or Wainwright Walks I might scream.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as for Good Morning Britain , it's getting lower ratings now than Daybreak did before it was replaced.

So yes, a long way to go.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Morning looks very tired, needs a complete overhaul and new presenters,seems to be a heavy reliance on following up stories in the tabloids.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judge Rinder is there only daytime success if you looking at new shows.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Judge Rinder is really good and probably the best new ITV daytime show. I actually prefer it now to Judge Judy.