Game of Thrones Season 3 - (for those who have read ALL the Books) - SPOILERS.

Comments

• ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have people read the spoiler chapter that has been released for Winds of Winter?

It's kind of slow torture knowing how long we might have to wait for the full book but I just had to have a sneaky look.

It reveals the fates of a couple of characters, one I was quite worried about, so I am glad I did but I wish it was all out now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Also I finished book 5 on thursday, and therefore I would like to apologise to the rest of the country for immediatly saying "I can't wait for The Winds Of Winter"

Oh my sweet summer child, you have not endured the long dark cold nights of winter we have, we the watchers on the wall, the waiters in the darkness...
    but now, yes now, you too will know the despair of watching and waiting, waiting and watching, never knowing when the horn will sound 4 times, heralding at last the arrival of that long awaited book...night gathers and now your watch begins ;)
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my sweet summer child, you have not endured the long dark cold nights of winter we have, we the watchers on the wall, the waiters in the darkness...

Does that get messy when people order soup?
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »
    Does that get messy when people order soup?

nah, it's frozen too solid to spill...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited! Only a few more days. I've been looking forwards to this for weeks. I've read the third book and I'm excited how they will portray this on tv!
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but now, yes now, you too will know the despair of watching and waiting, waiting and watching, never knowing when the horn will sound 4 times, heralding at last the arrival of that long awaited book...night gathers and now your watch begins ;)

Love your reply. :D

Track 1...Waiters in the darkness.

Track 2...Spilled soup. :eek:
    Forum Member
    streetwise wrote: »
    Love your reply. :D

Track 1...Waiters in the darkness.

Track 2...Spilled soup. :eek:

I did type that at 2.30am in fairness haha :p

Besides The Wall Bar & Grill is self service only (remember your vows cheeky!:D), the waiters merely watch ;)
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I read an interview with GRR Martin earlier in the Telegraph, online obviously, I don't buy that paper, and he said there were too many POV characters now, they were wearing him out and it was time to kill some of them off.

He is little scamp.
    It is said that whenever he gets fed up with people complaining about the wait for the next book, he kills another Stark.
    Forum Member
    :p Watch this it's very funny if you read the books before the show was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1CLCOvZOh1o

and it's spoiler free also fyi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g4jc wrote: »
    Saw a comment on a review
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1XKT2HKZZZNXZ/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0002247445&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=266239&store=books#wasThisHelpful

Please do not hunt me down and kill me :eek: I am old and not well, also... I want to read 'The Winds of Winter' too.

I was joking about the unseasonal snow which came the day after!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished the books, there are 2 things I don't understand. 1 is Pate in A Feast For Crows. What happens there? 2 is Ramsay's last letter to Jon Snow (it still hurts). Is the start of The Winds of Winter going to be before that letter is sent, or
    was Snow set up by Bowen Marsh?
  • Koopa_CoffeeKoopa_Coffee Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Finished the books, there are 2 things I don't understand. 1 is Pate in A Feast For Crows. What happens there? 2 is Ramsay's last letter to Jon Snow (it still hurts). Is the start of The Winds of Winter going to be before that letter is sent, or

Pate is Jaqen H'ghar
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was joking about the unseasonal snow which came the day after!

Oops silly me :o
    Oh great so you don't want to kill me whew! :D

Had gone hunting for possible hints of publishing date on amazon (OK - :confused: I know!)

Tiny brain still was full of the 'reviews' well mainly abuse really for the author of the (not going to be published for a very long time) book
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I think it is more likely that Snow was set up by Melisandre
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty nice start to Season Three, ticks things over from Season Two and starts the ball rolling on a couple of the new storylines. Tywin destroying any hopes Tyrion has of being heir to Casterly Rock was a nice touch. Also there were a fair few changes in this first episode, some deviations from the books others just expansions on things we don't see from POV characters. None of which I have a problem with either.

The thing I am left wondering is whether we will see Strong Belbos (Belvos? sp?) soon as he isn't accompanying Barristan anymore.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I am left wondering is whether we will see Strong Belbos (Belvos? sp?) soon as he isn't accompanying Barristan anymore.

Strong Belwas and, if I remember correctly, I think he's been cut from the TV show. I don't remember reading anything about anyone being cast for the role for Season Three anyways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crcky87 wrote: »
    I think it is more likely that Snow was set up by Melisandre

*shakes fist angrily*
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good start to the season.

It's been a while since I read the relevant book, so the only difference that stood out to me was Ser Barristan revealing himself straight away and the lack of Strong Belwas. Still, given that it's a TV show it makes sense that Barristan would be revealed immediately, instead of hiding behind the alias he used in the book. *We* can see he's Barristan, so there's no point him calling himself "Whitebeard".

EDIT:

Oh, actually... Davos - did that happen in the book? I remember him later going on a secret mission for Stannis in the books, so if he did get locked up it can't have been for too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Oh, actually... Davos - did that happen in the book? I remember him later going on a secret mission for Stannis in the books, so if he did get locked up it can't have been for too long.

It happens the other way round in the book, he's locked up as soon as he returns to Dragonstone after the Battle of the Blackwater and it takes about a month before Stannis sees him (if I remember rightly).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that is why i'm not bothering with the TV show now, too many differences for me, I would end up getting confused :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that is why i'm not bothering with the TV show now, too many differences for me, I would end up getting confused :D

It's not that different, it just cuts out lots of unnecessary time spent with Davos out of the picture on the show, instead of it being a month of him languishing in the dungeon til Stannis sees him, they've done it the other way round. The outcome's still the same, Davos calls him out on Melissandre's influence and ends up locked up :)
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Really liked the episode, can't say I missed Arya or Bran at all but I imagine I'm alone with that. My favourite parts of Storm with Swords were based at King's Landing with Margaery, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and Tyrion, so I loved Margaery's scenes, and the ones in next week's trailer look to be even better, even though they didn't happen in the book they felt fitting with the character. She's just as manipulative as Cersei and I can't wait to see their scenes together.

I think the only problem I had with the episode, was Sam's scene but that's just because he's my least favourite character.

Anyone else finding it hard to watch Robb's scenes, knowing what will be coming later this season :(.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked the episode, can't say I missed Arya or Bran at all but I imagine I'm alone with that. My favourite parts of Storm with Swords were based at King's Landing with Margaery, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and Tyrion, so I loved Margaery's scenes, and the ones in next week's trailer look to be even better, even though they didn't happen in the book they felt fitting with the character. She's just as manipulative as Cersei and I can't wait to see their scenes together.

I think the only problem I had with the episode, was Sam's scene but that's just because he's my least favourite character.

Anyone else finding it hard to watch Robb's scenes, knowing what will be coming later this season :(.

The Queen of Thorns was in the episode? Did I completely miss her?

I love Margaery. I liked her in the books too, although both characters are rather different. I am looking forward to her upcoming scenes, especially her rivalry with Cersei and her friendship with Sansa.

And yeah - I am dreading what's coming up for Robb and Catelyn actually.:(
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    The Queen of Thorns was in the episode? Did I completely miss her?

No she wasn't, I just meant her parts of the book, all the King's Landing stuff really, are what I'm looking forward to this season. Just mentioned her because I felt like Margaery's scenes were setting up the Tyrell storyline, and by extension the Queen of Thorns' arrival.
    She's in next week's episode, and the trailer for it.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she wasn't, I just meant her parts of the book, all the King's Landing stuff really, are what I'm looking forward to this season. Just mentioned her because I felt like Margaery's scenes were setting up the Tyrell storyline, and by extension the Queen of Thorns' arrival.
    She's in next week's episode, and the trailer for it.

I see.
    The trailer for next week looks very good and Tyrell-heavy.