Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Comments

• winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if
    Grantly's leaving as I know Phillip Martin Brown tweeted something about all good things coming to and end :(
    leaving?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,216
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if
    Grantly's leaving as I know Phillip Martin Brown tweeted something about all good things coming to and end :(
    leaving?
    Apparently he isn't leaving.
  • RyanC1992RyanC1992 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do we know this? do you have a link? maybe she becomes joint deputy head with Tom now Sian has gone?

Edit: seen the article now, seems strange but i have a feeling there is more to the decision than meets the eye.

What I find interesting too is the fact it seems to be going back to the council authority rather than being privately owned. Wonder what this might mean for Lorraine Donnegan?

Overall I'm enjoying series 8 ( maybe because I was an extra, I dunno :p )
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyanC1992 wrote: »
    What I find interesting too is the fact it seems to be going back to the council authority rather than being privately owned. Wonder what this might mean for Lorraine Donnegan?

Overall I'm enjoying series 8 ( maybe because I was an extra, I dunno :p )

Thats good if its not going to be privately owned I always found that a bit strange and it will be good if its more like a Scottish school
  • RyanC1992RyanC1992 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Thats good if its not going to be privately owned I always found that a bit strange and it will be good if its more like a Scottish school

Absolutely! Maybe this will bring it fully in line with the Scottish education system too ; standard grades, int1/2, highers and so on.... will make way more sense!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyanC1992 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Maybe this will bring it fully in line with the Scottish education system too ; standard grades, int1/2, highers and so on.... will make way more sense!

hopefully thats what they,ll do
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Contrary to a lot of opinions, I've quite enjoyed Series 8B and felt it was a massive improvement over the first ten episodes set in Scotland.

The last episode was a bit crammed with content, but it's always better this way, rather than when it is focusing on just two characters. The Connor and Imogen storyline has grown quite dull if I'm honest... I enjoyed it up until they were back together again, but then it just focused on them too much when other characters could have used the screen time. I feel their conflicts with Christine are becoming a bit repetitive, though I hope that Michael and Christine work out - they were a good match earlier on in the run.
    For me, though, it is Scout's story that has stood out in this series, and she stole the show in this final episode, as did Lisa Riley as her mum. Like Tariq, she was a character I disliked upon their arrival, only for it to all turn around as time went by. She became one of my favourite characters and her storyline was wrapped up nicely, even if it was bittersweet.
    In terms of loose endings, I hope we get to see more of Kacey's gender identity storyline, and the Nikki/Lorraine thing threw me completely by surprise, but it would give both characters a bit more...character, if I'm honest. I do miss the more brutal Nikki we saw, and Lorraine is too often just a plot device for cash.

So, whilst many complain about it, I am actually quite enjoying the show, and think it's picked up again ever since the awkward gang war plots in Rochdale/the move to Scotland (not to mention getting rid of Phoenix...the most annoying character ever in my opinion). Series 8C has some interesting elements from the looks of things...
    8C

- The Head mystery... Christine will be acting as head at some point, and it's been suggested that others may come to the helm as well. What's happened to Michael, and will Tom be overlooked...again? :p It seems the school may also revert to its public school status, judging by the sign.

- Grantley's illness. Phillip Martin Brown said in an interview for Series 8A that he and Maggie would be in an ongoing storyline that comes to the forefront in the third act of Series 8. This has to be his illness, surely?

- Josh returns in an episode...will be good to see if he's managed to settle down a bit after his gay and schizophrenic storylines. Might be nice to hear about the likes of Finn and co. as well.

- Kyle Stack returns in the second-to-last episode. Prepared for more heavy scowling, some Rochdale-crime, and there's always time for some street dancing too. :p

- Inevitable Connor and Imogen storyline concerning their marriage. :rolleyes:

- Kacey's gender storyline, which seems to have brought Barry centre stage as well.

- Lesbian romance... Nikki and Lorraine have something going on. Surely heading somewhere.

- New characters too...presumably a new Maths teacher to replace Chalky, a new English teacher to cover Grantley perhaps, as well as a replacement for Sian in Science.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Audrey gets explored more in depth next series, Georgie Glen has been pretty underused. I'd also like to see maybe a familiar face returning, perhaps Jasmine Koreshi could return when Tom recommends her as a temporary replacement for Grantly whilst he's ill especially as the actress is based in Scotland
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the next part of the series , i would love to see more of Liberty , Jack Harley and Lulu , they hhave been very unused so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember :o but what did happen to Jade's baby? :)
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    I can't remember :o but what did happen to Jade's baby? :)

She had the baby adopted :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had the baby adopted :)

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if
    leaving?
    well , what he has posted tonight seems to have answered this questions.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    well , what he has posted tonight seems to have answered this questions.

What has he posted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    What has he posted

I will put in in spoiler tag so people who dont want to know dont have to read it?
    ''Grantly's final scenes will be shot at the end of May''
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I will put in in spoiler tag so people who dont want to know dont have to read it?
    ''Grantly's final scenes will be shot at the end of May''
    Does that make his exit at the end of Series 8 or at some point in Series 9? I'm not sure when the show is back :)

Also, such sad news. He's been brilliant, if a little irrelevant in the past year or so. And what horrible news for Maggie :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that make his exit at the end of Series 8 or at some point in Series 9? I'm not sure when the show is back :)

Also, such sad news. He's been brilliant, if a little irrelevant in the past year or so. And what horrible news for Maggie :eek:
    he say he finishes filming in May so i think that would be about from Episodes 4 or 8 as they go back filming in April

also - on another point
    Alec Newman has posted on twitter

Good Luck next term WR 9!!! Xx

whether that means he is leaving or not remains to be seen.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he say he finishes filming in May so i think that would be about from Episodes 4 or 8 as they go back filming in April

also - on another point
    Alec Newman has posted on twitter

Good Luck next term WR 9!!! Xx

whether that means he is leaving or not remains to be seen.

Or maybe hes just saying good luck to everyone for series 9?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also the show is not on at the moment , i was just wondering has anyone ever met any Waterloo Road stars past or present or got an autograph or letter from them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heard a rumour today that the show will be back in mid may or at the start of june - that was what i heard on twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just found out via BBC 1 twitter account , it will be back on 2 May.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    excellent reruns now on cbs drama fron the very beginnig by tbe way
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    torpido wrote: »
    excellent reruns now on cbs drama fron the very beginnig by tbe way

indeed was great seeing the very first episode again :) one question though was it me or did they not show the opening credits as it seemed to go straight into the episode?
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe hes just saying good luck to everyone for series 9?

The above exit has been confirmed now along with Lorraine and Tom :(
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quality is so bad on cbs.