Just to let people know FF19 is out.

Not sure what is different if anything.
    Some addons aren't working:D.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Some addons aren't working:D.

Strange, I've been using the v19 beta since release with no add-ons failing to work.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's built in pdf support ... and of course all addons work unless they are really ancient perhaps?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just updated, thanks :)
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaspersky 2013 Safe Money and Virtual Keyboard will not work, so I will stay with V18
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Time for me to organise a launch party then.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time for me to organise a launch party then.

We haven't had one for a while. ;)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    We haven't had one for a while. ;)

What should I do for it then? Do I need to dress up? Do I need to get some food in? :p
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Kaspersky 2013 Safe Money and Virtual Keyboard will not work, so I will stay with V18

Nothing new there. Kaspersky have been struggling to keep up with firefox's new policy of bringing a new version out every 3 seconds for a while now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ive not had any addon failures for some time now.
    I have the latest firefox 19 but also run the nightly build, think it was 21 when i looked yesterday.

Kaspersky testing sounds poor, not as if they are not able to.

Just love the new pdf part, its so nice. Bye bye Adobe reader!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows, by the time they get to version 9000 it might be as fast as Chrome.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,507
    Forum Member
    Yeah, four Kaspersky security features willl be disabled. What's the betting that doing that would compromise my security more than delaying the FF update?

FF Update rejected.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given up updating Firefox now purely on the fact that I get incompatibilities every few weeks, particularly with Kaspersky.

Maybe it's time to give up the ghost and move onto a different browser. PaleMoon is looking more and more promising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK ... problems mentioned here mostly about kaspersky & it's addons ... if kaspersky can't keep up just dump kaspersky?

or maybe find a way to set max firefox version of plugins to firefox 50 :D
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does kaspersky need add-ons to FF? other AV solutions don't require add-ons!

As for considering PaleMoon, this is just FF compiled with optimisation, so add-ons will behave the same is if FF is in use!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    Why does kaspersky need add-ons to FF? other AV solutions don't require add-ons!

As for considering PaleMoon, this is just FF compiled with optimisation, so add-ons will behave the same is if FF is in use!
    yep ... kaspersky's content blocker, url advisor, 'safe money' & virtual keyboard all blocked .... I'll bet all of these functions can be achieved by other means
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    barky99 wrote: »
    OK ... problems mentioned here mostly about kaspersky & it's addons ... if kaspersky can't keep up just dump kaspersky?

or maybe find a way to set max firefox version of plugins to firefox 50 :D

just in case anyone wonders the way you disable the addon check is you go to about:config and create a new boolean value called

extensions.checkCompatibility.19.0

and set it to false.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've long gone past the stage where I actually notice any differences when a new version comes out. As for bowland37 saying it will be as fast as Chrome by version 9000 I have to confess I really, really can't see any difference on my machine.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for bowland37 saying it will be as fast as Chrome by version 9000 I have to confess I really, really can't see any difference on my machine.

Ditto. Tbh I've been using Firefox and Chrome for a long time and I've never been able to notice any difference. Plus, if there is, speed is just one feature anyway.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion
    I have ben using Palemoon for a long time
    Firefox add ons & plugins are no problem for me
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people take the piss out of IE but the number of updates that FF are pushing out is beginning to get a joke and I've noticed their regression testing seems to be slacking of late.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does take the total piss pushing these updates out every 6 weeks, i'm not updating til v20
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's the Firefox update but my CPU has been very high since update,had problems in the past with Firefox
    Fan constantly running ,close browser and it stops.open browser and it's off running again.
    Tried all sorts of scans,cant stop it.
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to The Register there is now native (javascript) PDF support that doesn't need Adobe add-ons.