Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Oh and Gok Wan so up himself walking through department store... didn't know who he was just knew it had to be famous being followed by a tv crew and looking so far up his own bottom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Nighy- Met him and briefly chatted to him a few times. Very polite, friendly and chatty. True gent.

Adrian Chiles- Surprised me alot. Not at all like his "dour" persona on tv. Very chatty, down to earth, Really, really nice, friendly. Was a pleasure.

Matthew Fox- Withdrawn and not that friendly.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An ex partner of mine used to work for a (now defunct) electrical store near to the Coronation Street studios in Manchester.

He would often see the actor who plays Kevin Webster and he said he was always friendly and polite.

In the same store, they had an open day, when Noel Edmonds was on Radio 1, to promote TDK audio tapes (remember them :D).

At the end a lady, who had travelled miles with her disabled daughter, so that the little girl could meet him, asked my ex (the manager) if it would be alright to be introduced to him.

The answer was "no, I have completed the specified hours of my contract" :mad:

It gets me angry when I see him fawning all over children/kids in hospital at Christmas. The two faced heartless hypocrite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I have met and worked with many actors in the last 40 years and most of them were nice to meet.. (Of course there's always the odd one out)

Aitch,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    My wife has worked with Vincent Regan (troy, 300) and said that he is one of the nicest actors she has ever worked with, very down to earth and approachable
  • murphster86murphster86 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I met Sharon Gless (Cagney from Cagney & Lacey) at Riverside Studio's on Saturday evening, she was so lovely and saw everyone wanting an autograph/photo.

She autographed my Programme and posed for a Picture. She even gave me a kiss and a hug after she borrowed my pen to do some more autographs.

All in all a down to earth woman who was genuinely humbled by her fans.
  • TamaraTeaBagTamaraTeaBag Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Re: Anthony Cotton.

Having met him, I can confirm that all the negative comments made about him thus far are true.

Also, a business partner wanted to book him to open a new venue. Each time he spoke to Cottons' agent, he was informed that Cotton had stated he wanted more money. The booking was cancelled.

ooh really - he's a right aul whingebag on I'm a Celeb

And the HEAD on him!! Not aging at all well, and he's nearly bald

DO NOT LIKE
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^No, Antony Cotton's not liked on here at all by 97%+.
  • pineapplecakepineapplecake Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I met Isla St Clair once from the Generation Game - I was 6 and had my picture taken with me sitting on her knee - she called me a fat lump. *sigh* not very nice! Stayed with me all these 33 years!
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Shakin' Stevens when I was 6. He ruffled my hair and called me shorty. Am convinced that he placed a curse on me as I'm only 5 foot 6.
  • asortafairytaleasortafairytale Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was a bit better than that to be honest. The only reason I say that is because he always seems to respond generously and quickly to fan mail, and appears to make time for that type of thing ( eg signing autogrpahs) when he appears at red carpet events. I take what the media says with a little bit of a pinch of salt as I have always thought he was a top bloke and very good at what he does.

Met him and Miquitta Oliver at a London bar last year. They were sweet and we had a photo taken together as it was my birthday. But yeah, they both seemed quite...like they basically thought they were pretty damn special basically. Also totally off their heads on what I think was more than just alcohol, Miquita in particular (who also looked like she had been dragged through a hedge backwards tbh). My friend had to tell her she had toilet paper stuck to her shoe when she came out of the loo haha!

Steve is very good looking though, wish it wasn't true as he obviously knows it, but yeah.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, met wrestling legend Mick Foley during his British comedy tour over the weekend. What a great guy! He always came across as very modest and personable and he definitely was. Some guy at his comedy gig came all the way from Sweden and had work the next day, so Mick took him backstage, had a chat with him and they gave him the tour poster at the front of the venue, signed. :)

After his gig he started apologising saying it hadn't "worked very well" but I thought it was good haha. Just two days later he made his long-awaited WWE return so his stock is now pretty high too!
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met and worked with many actors in the last 40 years and most of them were nice to meet.. (Of course there's always the odd one out)

Aitch,

How you keeping, Aitch? Hope you're well.

Saw you the other day on Film4 in 'Carry On Abroad' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Walking into a pub with a friend, sat at the only available table as there was a man sitting there we knew (or so we thought!) chatted away for about 10 minutes, discussing daily news, weather, the film we had seen the previous night etc etc etc when he left with a cheery good bye it was exactly 30 seconds after the door closed behind him we realized that we had been chuntering away to Peter Bowles (of to the Manor Born and Irish RM fame) who had been a total charming gentleman throughout and didn't look scared once:eek:

Same pub had the pleasure of meeting Tom baker totally barking mad but great fun.

When I was working out in Cyprus I was sitting at a Seafront Cafe in Larnaca when the guy on the table next to me started chatting away we had a nice conversation about the island and he told me how to make the Greek coffee (the man is indeed a coffee obsessive:)), I even practiced some of my at that time appalling Greek language skills on him....It was Peter Andre and he came across as a really really nice guy...sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One for music fans - I met Devin Townsend last night, and he is a thoroughly lovely chap. He came down from the stage after his gig and spoke to every member of the audience who wanted to meet him, signed things, posed for photos etc., although he said himself this was after a week's consecutive gigs and he was exhausted. He even had an infinite amount of patience with the one exceedingly drunk man who wouldn't leave him alone. Great guy :)
  • KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Alex James (Bassist in Blur) the other day, and he was an absolute dream. He was doing a cheese signing at my university and he was so chatty with everyone and gave us all hugs and it was just the perfect way to meet your childhood crush! (And yes, he did sign my cheese :o)
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met him twice both since his accident, while he was not rude as such I would describe him as surly/disinterested, it was like he saw fans as being beneath him and why should he make the effort whereas James May was the total opposite, sort of bloke you could sit and have a few beers with, Richard was just cold and aloof

I know this post is old now, but what exactly were you expecting? Do you take an enthusiastic interest in everything and everyone around you at all times? It just seems daft that you consider someone rude for not being interested in every stranger they meet.

I can understand you were disappointed that he didn't live up to his TV persona. But those images in the box are not reality.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the need for people to strike up a sycophantic conversation with a complete stranger just because they have some level of public profile, it seems the most absurd thing to me. Autographs as well, I mean seriously, lol, unless the stranger in question was signing a cheque out in my name, I ain't interested, no matter how much I like that persons work.

They are just strangers in the street; if someone I didn't know came up to me in the street and started demanding I pay them attention, or my signature, I'd consider them ridiculous and rude. Think about it, if it was you and some stranger started screaming sycophantically at you and demanding your time, and felt entitled to do so because of your job? You'd think they were freaks!

Then there is the argument that they have no rights because they are in the public eye – I find the people making this justification rather worrying. Everyone has a right to privacy and to be left alone, no matter how much of a media wh*re they are. Someone I've never met owes me nothing, even if I admire their work. I find the whole celebrity worship thing just ridiculous.

As for certain strangers (celebrities) being 'nice', it's all down to perception. My version of 'nice' is not the same as someone elses. If you meet a 'celebrity' when they are 'on duty', say for example, at a convention, then it's their job to be nice. If you are one of those idiots who thinks it is appropriate to bother a complete stranger when someone is eating, or shopping, or doing normal 'off duty' things, and expect something from them, then you deserve as rude a response as you are being.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I've never understood the need for people to strike up a sycophantic conversation with a complete stranger just because they have some level of public profile, it seems the most absurd thing to me. Autographs as well, I mean seriously, lol, unless the stranger in question was signing a cheque out in my name, I ain't interested, no matter how much I like that persons work.

They are just strangers in the street; if someone I didn't know came up to me in the street and started demanding I pay them attention, or my signature, I'd consider them ridiculous and rude. Think about it, if it was you and some stranger started screaming sycophantically at you and demanding your time, and felt entitled to do so because of your job? You'd think they were freaks!

Then there is the argument that they have no rights because they are in the public eye – I find the people making this justification rather worrying. Everyone has a right privacy and to be left alone, no matter how much of a media wh*re they are. Someone I've never met owes me nothing, even if I admire their work. I find the whole celebrity worship thing just ridiculous.

As for certain strangers (celebrities) being 'nice', it's all down to perception. My version of 'nice' is not the same as someone elses. If you meet a 'celebrity' when they are 'on duty', say for example, at a convention, then it's their job to be nice. If you are one of those idiots who thinks it is appropriate to bother a complete stranger when someone is eating, or shopping, or doing normal 'off duty' things, and expect something from them, then you deserve as rude a response as you are being.

Everyone's different. There's some that I'd love an autograph off, but I'm not THAT bothered because I know there's most likely zero chance of me getting them. I'd want to be the one to ask for it though.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »

Then there is the argument that they have no rights because they are in the public eye – I find the people making this justification rather worrying. Everyone has a right to privacy and to be left alone, no matter how much of a media wh*re they are. Someone I've never met owes me nothing, even if I admire their work. I find the whole celebrity worship thing just ridiculous.

Funny how any of us, ever get married or find a partner, because my husband was a stranger would he approached me:eek:
    How dare he speak to me, when I was enjoying myself, and not working. lol
    These celebs,love the attention at first, but guess once reached the full circle of no one wanting to know, they sell their autographs on ebay. lol:D
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago I was in a pub in the city of London with a boyfriend & there was a trad jazz band playing.
    We got chatting with the drummer who introduced us to Akker Bilk who was at the bar
    He took us all to the 100 Club in Oxford Street as his guest
    What a night and what a lovely down to earth man never forgotten it
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Book signings. He/she was lovely. Durrr. :rolleyes:
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duncan Bannatyne. Creepy. Overly fond of threatening to sue the NOTW over true stories of him getting his end away whilst he was married.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Duncan Bannatyne. Creepy. Overly fond of threatening to sue the NOTW over true stories of him getting his end away whilst he was married.

Just because it's allegedly true doesn't mean he wants it to be made public knowledge, he could have sued under the privacy laws.

On a separate note, he once admitted to having a man crush on John Barrowman :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Nice:

Peter Kay, He was walking down the street and he was happy to stop and chat. He gave me his biro pen to remember him by :confused::D

Ian Mckellen, at gay pride in Manchester, my cousin asked me to go with him and Im glad I did, Ian was lovely. Also posed for pics.

Graham Norton, love him, made us laugh, signed a book I had with me, I had my 4 year old cousin with me at the time and she had seen him on children in need on the TV, he was dancing to some music and my cousin used to call him "the dancing man", I told him this and a few weeks later a signed photo arrived for my cousin signed dance man!

Gillian Anderson, she was brill, friendly, and stunning in real life, was happy to chat for a while.

Bryan Adams, after a concert in Manchester. Signed a programme.

I didnt meet him, but Joe Walsh (guitarist for the eagles) was doing a live webcam chat (they used to do it through his website not sure if they still do) basically he turned his cam on and an msn type chat appeared and you had loads of people typing questions to him and he would either type back or talk, I have always admired him and looked forward to this for weeks, I asked my question, then suddenly felt really ill so ran off to the bathroom and left the computer, my boyfriend heard him saying my name then answering my question, my boyfriend had to type back that he was sorry but I wasnt there as I was being sick!

Finally,

Jon Bernthal (Shane from the walking dead) in the USA, he was on the table next to us and was lovely, not a bad word to say about him at all. He signed stuff when people went up to him during his meal and didnt complain. hes not really my type but I have to say he was stunning in real life and from what I saw and heard he seemed like a really nice guy. He just seemed really normal.