30 Rock - Comedy Central

Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone recall where Comedy Central got to with 30 Rock (season and episode).

I am pretty fed up waiting for it to return, surely they could sacrifice a Friends or 2 and a Half Men repeat to show this instead?

Comments

• bramley29bramley29 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    30 Rock got poor ratings. For some reason it managed to continue when better shows with better ratings were cancelled in US. I watched about ten episodes and then gave up on it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bramley29 wrote: »
    I watched about ten episodes and then gave up on it.

So because you don't like it, you assume it got poor ratings?

Ok .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, OP, I think they stopped at episode 10 of Season 6. They've done this for the past few years and it's infinitely annoying.
    Forum Member
    I'm not "assuming" it got poor viewing figures. A quick search on the net will show you that was why it was dropped from Five and you will see how the viewing figures have declined markedly in US. Comedy Central hyped it up but compared to other shows it did not do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not particularly bothered with Five's handling of the show because they haven't got the faintest idea on what to do with most US shows that aren't CSI.

The ratings on Comedy Central have been more than enough for them to continue showing it, but then if they don't resume Season 6 soon, I'll just download it.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So because you don't like it, you assume it got poor ratings?

Ok .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, OP, I think they stopped at episode 10 of Season 6. They've done this for the past few years and it's infinitely annoying.

Thanks Jason, looks like I will have to resort to, ahem, alternative methods of watching the rest of the season.....

And the new one too!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    bramley29 wrote: »
    30 Rock got poor ratings. For some reason it managed to continue when better shows with better ratings were cancelled in US. I watched about ten episodes and then gave up on it.

The first season was a bit shit, but from season 2 things started to take off. Tina Fey has suggested the only reason the show made it to air and was renewed for season 2 is because Alec Baldwin was involved. Since then NBC hasn't done too well, and critical acclaim have helped keep it alive. Thankfully, the show is ending by agreement between NBC and it's producers, so will be given a proper send off like it deserves.

Tina Fey has already signed a development deal with NBCUni and I'm looking forward to whatever she does next...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jason, looks like I will have to resort to, ahem, alternative methods of watching the rest of the season.....

And the new one too!!:D

So you'll be joining me on the flight to the states then to purchase it legally on DVD then huh ? *cough* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you'll be joining me on the flight to the states then to purchase it legally on DVD then huh ? *cough* :D

LOL.....yeah, that's how we will do it!;)
  • City2000City2000 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Just noticed on Geektown that 30 Rock Season 6 is back on Comedy Central Wed 30th Jan at 10pm. Been waiting since June for it to return, hopefully they will go straight into Season 7 after rather than dragging it out with another 6 month break.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    City2000 wrote: »
    Just noticed on Geektown that 30 Rock Season 6 is back on Comedy Central Wed 30th Jan at 10pm. Been waiting since June for it to return, hopefully they will go straight into Season 7 after rather than dragging it out with another 6 month break.

They are too late, I have erm, watched it already.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought and watched the first 5 seasons of 30 Rock on DVD so after catching up I was excited to be up to speed. Season 6 started off on comedy central and I was happy, they took a break for 6-7 months I wasnt so happy anymore. I feel very angry at comedy central and Im glad that once 30 Rock finishes I wont be watching any more of their shows. Season 7 of 30 Rock is supposed to be the last but you can tell they're gonna leave a gap in between 6 and 7 and then whilst showing s7 they're going to take another gap just so they can stretch it as much as they can. They really are starved for programming arent they?
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the only show I've ever watched on Comedy Central and it does seem like it's not really their kind of show. It seems more likely it would fit in with Sky Atlantic's style, though presumably there are legal complexities that would prevent this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only started watching 30 Rock at Christmas when I got the boxset as a gift. I have to say it has turned into one of my favourite shows ever. Such good characters, humour and stories.

I've just finished the final season. Was not let down at all. They did an awesome job.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comedy Central won't be showing the final season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not surprised really, they seemed to do everything they could to make people not watch it on the channel.

I gave up on it when they kept changing the day and time almost weekly and then decided to take it off halfway through a season as "America were having a break", despite the fact the channel was actually a season behind the US.

At least the DVD will be out quicker without a UK broadcaster holding it up.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comedy Central UK have also confirmed they won’t be airing the final season of The Office (US).
    They’ve got to make room for all those Friends and Two and a Half Men repeats somewhere.
    :)
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just have to buy the last series on DVD, bobsled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah well, at least it's official now then. Off to the States I go to buy it legally on DVD .. *cough*
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Comedy Central UK have also confirmed they won’t be airing the final season of The Office (US).
    They’ve got to make room for all those Friends and Two and a Half Men repeats somewhere.

Oh, FFS!

Comedy Central (or Paramount) used to be great, showing many different comedies. Now they focus on one or two and just flog them to death,
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Just got into this. Very funny with some real fun characters and stupid story lines that don't make sense, but I guess that's why I like it.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Oh, FFS!

Comedy Central (or Paramount) used to be great, showing many different comedies. Now they focus on one or two and just flog them to death,

How many times will people watch the same old episodes of Friends and Two and a Half Men before giving up? I don't find either of those shows that good either - B grade comedy in my opinion. Do they even show Frasier any more? They had Seinfeld years ago but never used it properly either. Now that 30 Rock is gone, I have no reason to ever use the channel again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    What I find funny (perhaps the only thing funny about Comedy Central nowadays) is that they never really gave 30 Rock and The Office a fair chance. Any repeats of episodes would be relegated to 'death slots', they would air marathons of two and a half men etc but hardly if ever these shows. and these two shows they were always behind compared to the US, with the office I believe they were 2 years behind!

Comedy Central as a channel is a failure. If they wanted they could pick up some new sitcoms and really reboot the channel as the UK home of comedy but it seems that that their taste in comedy is piss poor going on what they choose to purchase and air and all the sitcoms they haven't bothered getting
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

Where did you hear this about The Office? I've searched everywhere and i can't find word of it. But i can find plenty of stuff about them ditching 30 Rock. :confused:
  • rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Comedy Central face two problems here:
    1. The UK audience has very little appetite for these shows - the ratings have been atrocious and remember that they've already been shown, and rejected by, other channels before CC picked them up.

2. The dedicated fans (like myself) will have already seen them through 'other' methods.

I don't really blame CC - as a commercial channel why would they pay for new episodes of these shows if repeats of other shows will perform better for them? They've given these shows a fair go and they sadly don't work.

I think it says a lot more about the average UK viewer than it does about Comedy Central.

I just fear that The Daily Show will inevitably go the same way very soon....
    Forum Member
    "they never really gave 30 Rock a fair chance." They gave it lots of publicity. There was a time you could hardly tune into Comedy Central without finding a trailer and somebody telling you how wonderful it was.