US: Conor Maynard debuts 'Contrast' #34 BB 200 [12k sold]

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
thoughts? He did like.. "yes....." considering he didn't have any singles on Hot 100.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very good but not unexpected with no hit singles
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Better than I expected since no hit singles but he deserved to chart higher, he has some really catchy songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sheeran - #5
    Emeli Sande - #28
    Marina & The Diamonds - #31
    Paloma Faith - #170

If you look at these and the fact that the last three stormed out of the chart and he will probably do the same. He hasn't done to bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran - #5
    Emeli Sande - #28
    Paloma Faith - #170

If you look at these and the fact that the last three stormed out of the chart and he will probably do the same. He hasn't done to bad.

Cher Lloyd - #9
    still charting 16 weeks :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher Lloyd - #9

I didn't add her because she has a very successful single which helped promote the album much like Ellie Goulding, One Direction etc. Emeli, Marina, Paloma & Ed all pretty much made it with no billboard hits (Did Ed get one before the album??)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd - #9

Still slaying.
    Forum Member
    I didn't add her because she has a very successful single which helped promote the album much like Ellie Goulding, One Direction etc. Emeli, Marina, Paloma & Ed all pretty much made it with no billboard hits (Did Ed get one before the album??)

I don't know, I think not.. The A Tem started to work like months after the album release..
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sheeran - #5
    Emeli Sande - #28
    Paloma Faith - #170

No but if like Ellie Goulding he tours extensively and promotes he could get a hit as big as Lights took her wll over a year to make it stateside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    No but if like Ellie Goulding he tours extensively and promotes he could get a hit as big as Lights took her wll over a year to make it stateside.

They play the A Team all the time here. He also promoted it quite a bit. Plus he was nominated for a Grammy for it. That screams a bigger success than anyone mentioned in the thread so far.

Cher Lloyd's album still in the charts is the result of overall low album sales. It just seems like she is doing amazing, but it's done pretty average. Not bad, but not this outstanding success that people seem to think. As of now, she is just a one hit wonder in the US. Oath peaked at 30 and has barely sold anything in any country it was released in and that is saying something for a typical Dr. Luke production.
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    They play the A Team all the time here. He also promoted it quite a bit. Plus he was nominated for a Grammy for it. That screams a bigger success than anyone mentioned in the thread so far.

Cher Lloyd's album still in the charts is the result of overall low album sales. It just seems like she is doing amazing, but it's done pretty average. Not bad, but not this outstanding success that people seem to think. As of now, she is just a one hit wonder in the US. Oath peaked at 30 and has barely sold anything in any country it was released in and that is saying something for a typical Dr. Luke production.

kind of true! Sticks & Stones sold around 130,000 until now and Oath 320,000+, Oath will get gold in a few weeks.

Oath was a bad move, since shes releasing WITH UR LOVE as a single there this month I expect great things, maybe another hit?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kind of true! Sticks & Stones sold around 130,000 until now and Oath 320,000+, Oath will get gold in a few weeks.

I doubt it, tbh. It peaked at 73. I'd give it another two or three months at least before she gets the gold cert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty sure that Paloma Faith's album peaked in the top 20...
    Forum Member
    pretty sure that Paloma Faith's album peaked in the top 20...

In the US? Peaked #170, sold 800 copies this week 18k total.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the US? Peaked #170, sold 800 copies this week 18k total.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a442791/paloma-faith-storms-us-download-chart-i-cannot-contain-myself.html

i thought i recognised seeing an article but this is based on downloads so maybe she just didn't sell many physical copies...
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I am surprised that it charted so high on such little promotion .... quite encouraging.... now release his debut song here and promote it and things could go very well.
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a442791/paloma-faith-storms-us-download-chart-i-cannot-contain-myself.html

i thought i recognised seeing an article but this is based on downloads so maybe she just didn't sell many physical copies...

She spent like 1 hour at #13 on ITUNES, the album was out of the top 100 in like 2 days.
    Oh, and it sold 12k until now, not 18k.. I checked again.
    Peak position on the official US charts: #170.

This week: (N/A) PALOMA FAITH - FALL TO GRACE [This week: 748] (Total: 12,482)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn`t know he was attempting to try over there? Considering how much the press report all these British pop acts going over there i haven`t heard anything about him
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Conor maynard would be nothing without this wiley guy and this ne,yo guy :stuck up his ass.:eek::eek:
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra Heart did quite well, was the 24th best selling electronic/dance album of 2012 in the US!
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmark20 wrote: »
    Conor maynard would be nothing without this wiley guy and this ne,yo guy :stuck up his ass.:eek::eek:

that new song with wiley is f**king awful.
    conor is a blink and u'll miss it artist. i would be very suprised if he had any long lasting success.
    Forum Member
    what was the second week position for connor?
    Forum Member
    Paloma - just needs US marketting ...

promo: Streets of Glory (ft Jay Z)
    Picking Up The Pieces
    30 Minuite Love Affair (ft Cee-Lo Green)
    Just Be (Acoustic Version)

and a star is born !!!!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was the second week position for connor?

121! :eek:
    Forum Member
    i expected a 100 drop.... so his next move is to promote 'Cant Sy No' .... it is a US top 100 certain hit ... as is 'Can`t Say No'........ but 'animal' is a great promo song/album track ,,, i do hope that is the intention. He is the only reputable Bieber-esque pop guy out there.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i expected a 100 drop.... so his next move is to promote 'Cant Sy No' .... it is a US top 100 certain hit ... as is 'Can`t Say No'........ but 'animal' is a great promo song/album track ,,, i do hope that is the intention. He is the only reputable Bieber-esque pop guy out there.

The third week, it dropped out of the top 200. I hope he makes a new video for Can't Say No. The UK one was terrible!