One Direction Comic Relief song

rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
Forum Member
✭✭
Just read they're covering Blondie's One Way or Another (now that's a classic song kids) and Undertones Teenage Kicks. Good choices.

:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I just hope they don't make it like really corny, as if they ruin it I will deffo not be a happy bunny!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Just read they're covering Blondie's One Way or Another (now that's a classic song kids) and Undertones Teenage Kicks. Good choices.

Murdering classics since 2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember "One way or Another" playing on the radio when I was about five. A really great song, and I still sometimes start humming it to myself quite randomly even nowadays. :o

I think they'll do fine. Of course there will be people criticising them since it's a classic song but I think it's a good choice.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read about this before christmas. I am shocked on why it is such big news now

Good luck to them. Whether it is good or not, if it raises money for a good cause, then so be it.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be giving them the same treatment as the 1 legged Ethiopian kid that has to hop 3 miles to collect water that appears on the screen along with other foreign beggers during the same program......That's right, i'll be changing the channel.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a little on Youtube where they performed it in China but I stopped because I really didn't like it, they sounded awful.

But I agree with everyone that said it is nice it is for the good cause
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I heard a little on Youtube where they performed it in China but I stopped because I really didn't like it, they sounded awful.

But I agree with everyone that said it is nice it is for the good cause

But wasn't that a recording for the video and they were stopping and starting to repeat takes so really not an ideal situ to make a decision as to wteher it will be good or not.

I was a big Blondie fan back in the day but will reserve judgement. It surely can't be worse than McFly's cover of Queen's Don't stop me now and I say that as someone who loves McFly:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    But wasn't that a recording for the video and they were stopping and starting to repeat takes so really not an ideal situ to make a decision as to wteher it will be good or not.

I was a big Blondie fan back in the day but will reserve judgement. It surely can't be worse than McFly's cover of Queen's Don't stop me now and I say that as someone who loves McFly:D

I didn't make a decision, I simply stated they sounded horrible during that performance. And I didn't listen to their constant repeat, I just listened the first take, which I hated.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute disgrace!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think I'll be giving it a miss. And why do they have to do a cover? Why can't an original song be released? :yawn:
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why couldn't they just get Veronica Mars to do it again :p

But seriously I wish they weren't doing that particular song :( The directioners have already taken over the original video on YouTube :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has something to do with the single, so I'll just post it here:

I find this hilarious :D

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0131/onedirection.html

Of course that Westlife are bigger than 1D in Asia and I am not sure if they will ever manage to catch them, let alone surpass them there - Westlife won the award in 2006 for selling 7 million there (not sure if it is just albums or albums and singles, I read somewhere it is just albums) - who knows how much the sales has risen in general 6 years later.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,914
    Forum Member

Two of my favourite songs....
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Murdering classics since 2011

:( Quoted for truth
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these songs suit them. I love both of them, OTOA reminds me of sabrina the teenage witch as that is where I first heard it:o
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it were not for charity i would literally do my nut two classic songs ruined by 5 of the least talented boys in music today but it is for a good cause and kids will buy it so i'll let it slide this time :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    I think these songs suit them. I love both of them, OTOA reminds me of sabrina the teenage witch as that is where I first heard it:o

hehe me too :D