Guy Ritchie to direct Bond 24?

mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a464089/guy-ritchie-named-bookies-favourite-to-direct-james-bond-24.html

Possibility only, of course, but ............Yummy.

Pity Bricktop got killed off.

Comments

• Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Out of all the British directors currently working, I would really struggle to think of a worse choice.

Even worldwide, he's right at the bottom of my heap.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy Ritchie relies on gimmicks too much. That last Sherlock Holmes film was dire
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Out of all the British directors currently working, I would really struggle to think of a worse choice.

Even worldwide, he's right at the bottom of my heap.

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Guy Ritchie relies on gimmicks too much. That last Sherlock Holmes film was dire

I actually think the Sherlock Holmes films are some of his more defensible ones. The films of his that would really worry me are the god-awful street crime ones. That one called "Rock n Rolla", I think (?) where it's treated so melodramatically it descends into some misguided ghetto gospel - that was just appalling.

Bond needs someone who can do class - Tom Hooper would be a great choice.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Good god, I'd hope not - Ritchie is a total and utter hack.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also hope not. His screenplay and framing is too flash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    What?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No, No, No, NO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    It will be quite rubbish then
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So............... not everyones first choice, then?

:D:D
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    No. Not unless the Broccolis want Bond as some sort of mockney 'geezer' sortin' aart 'trouble' etc.

Bond is a producers property, first and foremost. So certain directors - the more unique, interpretive kind, shall we say - are usually out (Mendes' star had fallen somewhat when he got the gig, remember).

I too suggested Tom Hooper in the Skyfall thread. Another I heard was Alfonso Cuaron (The Children of Men), whose long-awaited Gravity is with us soon. That too would make an interesting choice.
    Forum Member
    No. Not unless the Broccolis want Bond as some sort of mockney 'geezer' sortin' aart 'trouble' etc.

Bond is a producers property, first and foremost. So certain directors - the more unique, interpretive kind, shall we say - are usually out (Mendes' star had fallen somewhat when he got the gig, remember).

I too suggested Tom Hooper in the Skyfall thread. Another I heard was Alfonso Cuaron (The Children of Men), whose long-awaited Gravity is with us soon. That too would make an interesting choice.

He'd crossed my mind actually, but I ruled him out because of how long he's been off the scene. I didn't know about his new film, I'll keep an eye on that, thanks! :)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Dyer as 007 :D
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member

Yeah, yeah, I'm geezer. You looking at me - I'll clock you one Blofeld. Your going have one of my trotters in your face.

I say, step forward JJ Abrams - again! Hey, why not? He already has two franchises in his hands.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, I'm geezer. You looking at me - I'll clock you one Blofeld. Your going have one of my trotters in your face.

I say, step forward JJ Abrams - again! Hey, why not? He already has two franchises in his hands.

Played by Vinnie Jones of course :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The Stath, surely? Getting into over-choreographed homo-erotic fights whilst finding inventive ways to strip off.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will never happen, even mentioning him in a list of possibilities shows how dum the list is.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused: was he in any Guy Ritchie films ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh I'm ok with it as long as he has no involvement in the writing. To be honest I thought Sherlock Holmes 2 was actually directed and looked visually good. His others not so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy Richie = Good director + bloody awful script writer.

Keep him away from writing duties and he'll surprise a few people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Keep him away from a camera and a film set and he might suprise a few more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep him away from a camera and a film set and he might suprise a few more.

yawn.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if he could rope Ray Winstone in as the main vilain then it might be an idea ;)

But otherwise no no no!
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, James Bond by Guy Ritchie...

The Bond Car will be a Mk3 Vauxhall Cavalier SRi.

The film locations will range from Brixton to Hackney via Peckham and, possibly, include a trip to Southend (for the glamour).

Bond's Walther will be replaced by a sawn-off shotgun.

The arch villain will be Vinnie Jones.

Bond's wardrobe will, erm, actually be pretty-much the same as what Daniel Craig already wears.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if he could rope Ray Winstone in as the main vilain then it might be an idea ;)

But otherwise no no no!

Seriously?
    God, Ray Winstone is a total one trick pony who has somehow managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the general public.

Exhibit A: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    The Sherlock Holmes movies were fun, but Ritchie for Bond? NO, NO, NO! :mad: Completely wrong choice.