Nintendo 3DS XL or Playstation Vita?

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
I've owned both & got rid of both as I hardly got a chance to play them but I'm going to be going to hospital more often & spend longer waiting around, so would like a new handheld to pass the time.

For me, both have the plus & minus points.

The Vita has some good games which can be picked up for cheap like Everybody's Golf, Modnation, LBP & I have Playstation Plus, so would get some free games every month (I'd get Uncharted, which I've already completed, and Gravity Rush, which looks great, this month). Also, PSOne games can be played on it too

But it's the long term future that concerns me, there doesn't look like many big releases on the horizon but the system has a lot of untapped potential

With the 3DS, there's Mario, Prof. Leyton, Resident Evil, Zelda & Mario Kart which are some of my favourites but not sure what's coming out in the future for it, all their attention seems to be on the Wii U (which I'm also getting)

Which do you think would be best to go ahead and buy?

Comments

• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No brainer for me, Vita, plus it's great for films, YouTube etc, remember how the ps3 was on it's knees for the first year of it's life? every gaming blogger out there queued up to predict it's death.... 70m units later....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    My children have DSi and PSP and they want a Vita not a 3DS
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I've owned both & got rid of both as I hardly got a chance to play them but I'm going to be going to hospital more often & spend longer waiting around, so would like a new handheld to pass the time.

For me, both have the plus & minus points.

The Vita has some good games which can be picked up for cheap like Everybody's Golf, Modnation, LBP & I have Playstation Plus, so would get some free games every month (I'd get Uncharted, which I've already completed, and Gravity Rush, which looks great, this month). Also, PSOne games can be played on it too

But it's the long term future that concerns me, there doesn't look like many big releases on the horizon but the system has a lot of untapped potential

With the 3DS, there's Mario, Prof. Leyton, Resident Evil, Zelda & Mario Kart which are some of my favourites but not sure what's coming out in the future for it, all their attention seems to be on the Wii U (which I'm also getting)

Which do you think would be best to go ahead and buy?

I much prefer the 3DS. Both have some good games already out, but for me the 3DS's existing library and the upcoming games are IMO much better.
  • youngmiffmcniffyoungmiffmcniff Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I have the Vita & would thoroughly recommend it. If you can get a cheap second hand one with a decent memory card, you won't need to buy a game again since you have PS+ whereas Nintendo don't offer free games & the R4 card doesn't work for 3DS games