The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was anyone else laughing at Floss & Mo when the birdie was "flying"? :)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Was anyone else laughing at Floss & Mo when the birdie was "flying"? :)

I was laughing at how they managed to trick them :D
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Just noticed that Jody's really matured this series :)

Funny saying that because she is like 11 :D (the actress is 12).

You could say she has grown up a little bit, particularly because she is more used to being in the DG - compare the more recent episodes to her first episode where she caused a riot the minute she went in and she is getting along with others more.

Still, she's had a lot of funny moments :D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Think ill watch TDG series 3 from the beging as I missed some episode when I have time..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Funny saying that because she is like 11 :D (the actress is 12).

You could say she has grown up a little bit, particularly because she is more used to being in the DG - compare the more recent episodes to her first episode where she caused a riot the minute she went in and she is getting along with others more.

Still, she's had a lot of funny moments :D

Kia Pegg who plays Jody said on twitter that she was 13 in real life and the character of Jody is 8 :) (probably 9 now, that was a few months after TBR3 ended)
    Forum Member
    TvGeek_ wrote: »
    Kia Pegg who plays Jody said on twitter that she was 13 in real life and the character of Jody is 8 :) (probably 9 now, that was a few months after TBR3 ended)

She tweeted on Wednesday in a reply to someone else, that she was 12. :confused:
    Forum Member
    She tweeted on Wednesday in a reply to someone else, that she was 12. :confused:

Just found the one I saw before, she said she was year eight at school so I automatically assumed she was 13, she must be 13 later this year :) she definitely said that Jody was 8 years old though :)
    Forum Member
    A lot of the actors look the age of their characters but not in real life (many of them anyway).
    Forum Member
    A lot of the actors look the age of their characters but not in real life (many of them anyway).

Yeah, I think Tee in particular, I think she's 15 or something in real life!
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think Tee in particular, I think she's 15 or something in real life!

Yeah she is, as is Carmen. Rick is 16 but could pass for 18, and Lily is 13 but could pass for 15!
    Forum Member
    Yeah she is, as is Carmen. Rick is 16 but could pass for 18, and Lily is 13 but could pass for 15!

I agree!!! I think Carmen looks about her age, Lily and Rick look older and Tee looks younger. I think it's only this series that Lily looks older though, in the other series she looked about her age :)
    Forum Member
    I agree!!! I think Carmen looks about her age, Lily and Rick look older and Tee looks younger. I think it's only this series that Lily looks older though, in the other series she looked about her age :)

Lily grew up a bit too fast! :D

Harry doesn't look 9 either - but looking at his character profile Philip certainly acts 9 :D
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Leanne (Faith), I believe she is actually 20. Quite a surprise because I thought she was 18 like Jess in real life!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Think ill watch TDG series 3 from the beging as I missed some episode when I have time..

You mean series 3 of TBR?
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    As for Leanne (Faith), I believe she is actually 20. Quite a surprise because I thought she was 18 like Jess in real life!:D

Wow!!!! She doesn't look 20!!!!
    Forum Member
    I thought she was like 16-17. Turns out it doesn't matter about the actor/actress' age as long as they look younger than 16 :D

Like Saffron (Sapphire) - as far as I know she was 14 in 2009 when they started filming the first series, and she looked a lot older.

I think it was a bit silly that Carmen did at first decide to go away to Rio with Esme who she barely knew, compared to staying with the others where she would probably feel a bit more at home.

I don't think you can die from a kidney stone, can you? I wonder why Mike didn't want to tell anyone, probably because the kids would have caused an uproar about it if he tells them that he thinks he is dying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I don't think you can die from a kidney stone, can you? I wonder why Mike didn't want to tell anyone, probably because the kids would have caused an uproar about it if he tells them that he thinks he is dying.

I think the point was, Mike was worried it was the same "thing" (I'd guess stomach/bowel cancer) that his uncle etc died from, and didn't want to face up to it. When he eventually went to a doctor it was a kidney stone :)
    Forum Member
    I thought she was like 16-17. Turns out it doesn't matter about the actor/actress' age as long as they look younger than 16 :D

Like Saffron (Sapphire) - as far as I know she was 14 in 2009 when they started filming the first series, and she looked a lot older.

I think it was a bit silly that Carmen did at first decide to go away to Rio with Esme who she barely knew, compared to staying with the others where she would probably feel a bit more at home.

BIB - She looks way older than 14 in the first series!!!

Yeah, I think it was more a spear of the moment thing, she was bored where she was and wanted to explore, I don't think she would actually have gone when it came to getting on the plane now :)

And no, I don't think you can, but he feared that he had the same thing other people in his family had, which was presumably something more serious which had some of the same symptoms :)
    Forum Member
    Some people on Twitter compare Mo to Gus, but I don't think that's the case - Mo is a bit more outgoing when it comes to making friends, and there's plenty more. Though, like Gus, we may be shocked when his voice breaks! :D

I know Liam has left and at that time, he was nearly 16, but is there any chance of him returning or at least being mentioned in a large amount - I say this because Liam told Frank to 'keep in touch' as he left but there hasn't been much mention. Maybe they could show them doing video chats time to time? Either way, I'd like some of the residents to still show some connection to the kids in the care home.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I know Liam has left and at that time, he was nearly 16, but is there any chance of him returning or at least being mentioned in a large amount - I say this because Liam told Frank to 'keep in touch' as he left but there hasn't been much mention. Maybe they could show them doing video chats time to time? Either way, I'd like some of the residents to still show some connection to the kids in the care home.

I agree and have called for something similar. The Dumping Ground crowd are portrayed as family, but in most cases as soon as a 'real' family is found, the Dumping Ground might as well not exist. There's only Lilly who keeps in touch.

It would only take a quick line of dialogue mentioning those who have left.
    Forum Member
    Lily visits the DG regularly which is different to the others who have left - she stays there on respite. I can imagine Elektra possibly returning time to time once she goes to live with her sister but not sure about the others e.g. Rick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing that anytime soon. They will probably go no further than mentioning past residents of Elm Tree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!!!! She doesn't look 20!!!!

Agreed. Like I said, it was a quite a surprise.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked at the end of the series finale "Mike's just done a poo!" and the other things they were associating Mike with :D

Agreed. It was a funny and heart-warming way to end the series.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be nice as I don't think we've ever really seen Xmas at the Dumping Ground (maybe in TSOTB).

There was only one christmas episode in TSOTB. I believe that was in series 2 (Christmas Time).