Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Josh StonemJosh Stonem Posts: 261
Forum Member
She's been in care for god knows how long which could have involved anything as well as not having a stable home life.

Could be a multitude of reasons why she has some behavioural issues yet people are so damning of her.

Comments

• CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People didn't like Rosie and Sarah at her age
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No actually Rosie got worse as she got older
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    They are being so hard on her because Faye thinks she knows it all. She lies, sneaks out of the house, and blatantly disobey's Anna. I don't even think I'd call it being hard on her, (Owen aside), they want to show her that she doesn't really have any idea of the world that she's just a kid. Especially when it comes to Tim because sure he may well be her father. But he's been out of the picture for years, and his way of getting in touch with her after all that time was over the internet. All you can do is hope he's not a world-class piece of scum but rather a good guy. Then what happens if he decides to leave again? I think Anna just wants Faye not to get hurt. Sure you have to give your kids the room to try and fail but when they are ignoring the rules you have set out for them. You kind of do have to keep them on a tighter leash and watch what they're doing a little more carefully.

As for her behavioral problems on a whole, I think a lot of that stems from the walls she's probably had to put up over the time she was in the system. She probably, sadly, spent a lot of her time fending for herself. Having to always have her guard up and never being settled because she was probably always moving around from pillar to post. Once you learn to behave one way it's hard to unlearn it and adapt to a new way of doing things. Even though she has a good stable home with Anna, and has been there for almost 2 years, it must still be difficult to shut off that voice in her head that's telling her "something bad will happen to ruin this."
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she killed the fish.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I don't despise the character, but overall I think her storyline is a dud and brings down Corrie as a whole.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she's a sulking, mouthy brat, no kid past the age of five should get away with her behaviour.
  • zendo59zendo59 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I quite like her.

Imagine having a nutter like Owen hanging around your home...
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    zendo59 wrote: »
    I quite like her.

Yeah, Owen seems like a guy who can snap at any minute.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zendo59 wrote: »
    I quite like her.

Well because of her, the good guy left (Eddie) because yes she was a little git way before Owen started seeing Anna
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Well because of her, the good guy left (Eddie) because yes she was a little git way before Owen started seeing Anna

I doubt she sees is like that though. She's only become such a brat because her previous parents or foster care have allowed her to be. If she's not taught from a young age it would be harder for her to know when she's older. She's not blameless obviously but she's still only a child and Anna lets her get away with everything..
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character just isn't portrayed very well in my opinion. Also the poor little mite can't act very well.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy this storyline at the moment. It's a small glimmer of a 'real' story among the exaggerated affairs, child-snatching, surrogacies and whatever else that seems to go on ad nauseam in every other corner of Weatherfield.

The story is fairly simple and straightforward, and that's what I like. I'd actually have liked to have seen more of Anna's struggle (if we can call it that) as an adoptive mother to a really challenging child. Sadly the surrogacy eclipsed the Armstrong-Windass grouping, leaving Anna very much in the background.

I think that Debbie Rush is a fine actress and find her performances as Anna so very realistic. She's one of the few characters in Corrie that I can imagine existing in 'real life'.

Let's just hope that this doesn't end with a 'shock' high-speed car chase, severed break pipes and an 'explosive' crash into a disused building ... :rolleyes:
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Faye. :) I think there's a really sweet kid in there, she's just a bit damaged.

I really like watching Anna and Faye's relationship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    The character just isn't portrayed very well in my opinion. Also the poor little mite can't act very well.

I wonder who else they could have cast instead of Brooke Vincent's cousin, I'm guessing a child a lot less annoying and a lot more convincing.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
    Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.
  • nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »

She's a smug little bitch

:eek: She's 10!

Bit harsh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.

We don't know, but something has to be wrong with him, I find it odd that he never settles in one place and moves around a lot, yes, some people do, but others do it for a reason. I doubt anything's wrong with him though, he's just been introduced to split Anna and Owen up and cause more shouting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know, but something has to be wrong with him, I find it odd that he never settles in one place and moves around a lot, yes, some people do, but others do it for a reason. I doubt anything's wrong with him though, he's just been introduced to split Anna and Owen up and cause more shouting

owen should just leave Anna to the Psycho & her weird dad. Owen & Stella could be interesting.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member

Something has to be wrong with him but you doubt anything's wrong with him ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Something has to be wrong with him but you doubt anything's wrong with him ?

Yes, it's a bit confusing, I mean is he ginger or a brunette? His hair and beard say both, is he a nutball or a decent bloke, he could be either, do you see?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooke's cousin??

Blimey, that's one rich vein of acting talent they have in that family.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's a bit confusing, I mean is he ginger or a brunette? His hair and beard say both, is he a nutball or a decent bloke, he could be either, do you see?

Yes, thank you. That's cleared that up. I can be a bit thick sometimes.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can whoever he is take faye away, the sooner the better
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isn't a very appealing character - whiney and self-centred, there's little to like about her.

But then Owen's pretty awful too.

If I were Anna, I'd run away from the lot of them.