have you or someone you know ever been on TV etc

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
have you ever appeared on TV or do you know anyone that has ever appeared on TV or in the newspaper or maybe in a film or maybe in a music video

my brother was on Granda Reports i think when it was GCSE results day in 2005 , thats about it really.

Comments

• offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a big deal to get on TV anymore is it, surely? Literally can do it thanks to reality shows and things like XF, BGT, etc.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a good thread on this topic in the Tv forum several months ago OP.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    My ex won the 'Mountain Of Prizes' at the end of Vernon Kay's Gameshow Marathon (it was a viewer phone in competition) and Lionel Blair came to our house to film the prizes arriving on a huge lorry including a speedboat!

In fact, my ex was filmed standing in said speedboat, with a captain's hat on no less, with Lionel shouting "wagon's roll....." and then jumping on a trampoline at the end, again with Lionel, with a glass of champagne.

I was totally mortified by it all and only appeared VERY briefly :o
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I was on Panorama in January talking about the bad experience I've had with the Work Programme. I think it's still available on Iplayer if anyone wants to see my fabulous TV debut :D
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A mate was an extra in Braveheart - fourth hairy person on the left, ten rows back listening to Mel give a speech :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been on tv and have a relative who is an actor who has been on tv and in films
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Not TV, but I'm on the radio once a month.

Oh, and I was an extra in a music video in the 80s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    My ex won the 'Mountain Of Prizes' at the end of Vernon Kay's Gameshow Marathon (it was a viewer phone in competition) and Lionel Blair came to our house to film the prizes arriving on a huge lorry including a speedboat!

In fact, my ex was filmed standing in said speedboat, with a captain's hat on no less, with Lionel shouting "wagon's roll....." and then jumping on a trampoline at the end, again with Lionel, with a glass of champagne.

:D This has really tickled me, I can just imagine Lionel in all his cheesy glory and you cringing away. You poor soul!

The closest I've got is a friend of mine drunkenly banging on a restaurant window when people were filming for The Real Holiday Show, which was a short-lived programme on Channel 4.
    The guy then made a comment about 'the local wildlife'. She got the utter pee ripped out her in school the next day!
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to know Suzi Perry when she was a teenager.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a very good friend has been in Dr Who, Torchwood, Casualty, Stella, Pobol y Cwm a number of times (a welsh soap) tv adverts and quite a few other shows which I cant remember, He does a lot of extra work, some small speaking parts. :)

An uncle of mine has been in a few films, a number of tv programmes, he is a comedian and is very well known around his area (been around for ages)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took part in a demo and was on the front page of loads of papers.
    Does that count?:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother was in a long running documentary during his medical training at Guys. One of my cousins had a 'blink and you'd miss it' part in 'The Wiz' as a child actress but it starred Michael Jackson and Diana Ross so that was exciting. Another cousin is in a band so he's on TV occasionally. My neighbours took part in one of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's make-over programmes and were royally stitched up but got a nice sofa bed out of it which softened the embarrassment.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Sorry but this is really funny purely for the excellent way you told it & for the fact I can understand how mortified you must have felt, I would've been the exact same. :o

I need to stop thinking about it otherwise I'll laugh all night!:D
    Thanks for cheering me up! :)
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    My brother was in a long running documentary during his medical training at Guys. One of my cousins had a 'blink and you'd miss it' part in 'The Wiz' as a child actress but it starred Michael Jackson and Diana Ross so that was exciting. Another cousin is in a band so he's on TV occasionally. My neighbours took part in one of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's make-over programmes and were royally stitched up but got a nice sofa bed out of it which softened the embarrassment.

Feel like I've been on the sherry, all these embarrassing stories are really making me laugh:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel like I've been on the sherry, all these embarrassing stories are really making me laugh:D

Glad we're giving you a giggle B.E.L :)
  • mojomama1967mojomama1967 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I am part of a long running programme that updates after every seven years of mine and others lives, you may have seen it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am part of a long running programme that updates after every seven years of mine and others lives, you may have seen it.

The Michael Apted one?
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Glad we're giving you a giggle B.E.L :)

Not half!:D My partner has just called through from another room to question my laughing. :)
    Forum Member

I think I've seen that, very interesting watching how other peoples lives change so much over the years.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a documentary about the actor Jamie Bell when the cameras came to our school and filmed his life. I was only shown for a second or 2 though (and I'm quite glad of this fact).
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've watched those programmes, always interested to see how things have changed for the people involved.
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I LOVE that programme , so fascinating and poignant , it must be quite the experience :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Which one are you?
    I've seen them all.:)
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I appeared on an episode of T4 during an interview with the Backstreet Boys. I wasn't there in person but I recorded a video of me asking my question to them and they picked it and played the video before the group answered.
  • geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4zbFat07Q
    well i was here if that counts:D:eek::o

haha, but didnae get too ask my question but you can see the back of my head in one scene:cool: